Moderate Nat Type On Xbox

Is anyone else seeing that their Nat Type on the XboxOne is constantly set to a Moderate Nat type lately? I have tried rebooting both my R1 and ISP routers. Rebooting my console, everything and it has just said moderate every time. I Use to have Open 24/7 and then the backwards compatibility came out, I tried the BO1 out and it has been mod ever since.

Let your homie know if anyone see's this? Not sure if its a Duma troubleshooting issue or Xbox in general?

Thanks for the help homies!

-Bleach

I've definitely not had anything other than an Open NAT since I got my Netduma.

I used to occasionally see Xbox spazz-outs before I had the ND though.

There will be something not quite right in the settings of one of the routers I expect.

Is your ISP hub in modem mode (or passthrough / bridge) - also what is the ISP hub model?

Have you definitely got UPnP turned on in the Netduma settings?

And a reserved IP for your Xbox One in DHCP? (check this is the same IP in the Xbox settings too).

And are you on the latest firmware? .6

Mine too has always been open until the latest update. (For some of your questions I will have to look at the stuff when I get home.)

I have googleFiber, so its whatever their network box is.. Ill look when im home. But, how it works is I just have to shut off its Wifi Setting and then just plug in the aftermarket router and everything should run through the new router. (i.e. the Duma)

I Believe I do Have UPnp turned on,

Do not have a reserved IP set for my XBOX. (Wasn't sure that was need but I will get it added when im home.)

and Yes, I am up to date on firmware

Thanks!

If i reboot my other router my NAT changes to moderate , I turn off my console I then go to the UPnP page in the duma turn it off apply then turn it on apply turn my console back on and it is open.

If i reboot my other router my NAT changes to moderate , I turn off my console I then go to the UPnP page in the duma turn it off apply then turn it on apply turn my console back on and it is open.

Do you think it has to do with the instant on and it would be improved if we as Xbox users go with energy saving mode.

I thought you needed a reserved IP for UPnP to work flawlessly...

I suppose it wouldn't really be Universal Plug n Play if that was the case though

I thought you needed a reserved IP for UPnP to work flawlessly...

I suppose it wouldn't really be Universal Plug n Play if that was the case though

Interesting... well I tried all your suggestions and still a Mod Nat time when pulling up the Multiplayer in any Cod games...

I have never used the UPnP settings or Port forwarding rules because it was always just plug and play for me. (Not really sure how to set that up correctly) All this really might have started when I accidentally did a factory reset on the router. Could that be the issue?

And to make matters worse, now when running the Ping Diagnostic test we get this...

Ping- Terrible

Jitter-Bad

Spikes-Bad

Packet Loss- No Loss

I Use to have excellent accross the board. Please help.

it was always just plug and play for me. (Not really sure how to set that up correctly) All this really might have started when I accidentally did a factory reset on the router. Could that be the issue?

And to make matters worse, now when running the Ping Diagnostic test we get this...

Ping- Terrible

Jitter-Bad

Spikes-Bad

Packet Loss- No Loss

I Use to have excellent accross the board. Please help.

So you never set up the netdumas WAN IP into your ISP router's DMZ? http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=how_do_i_open_my_nat&s[]=dmz

That maybe Googles server having a bad day or it maybe that your ISP line has took a turn for the worst.

I would ping a different IP using either CMD on a windows machine or using ping plotter https://www.pingplotter.com/download.html

Type twitter.com or 8.8.8.8 into target and press go to test.

So you never set up the netdumas WAN IP into your ISP router's DMZ? http://wiki.

netduma.com/doku.php?id=how_do_i_open_my_nat&s[]=dmz

That maybe Googles server having a bad day or it maybe that your ISP line has took a turn for the worst.

I would ping a different IP using either CMD on a windows machine or using ping plotter https://www.pingplotter.com/download.html

Type twitter.com or 8.8.8.8 into target and press go to test.

Thanks for all the help man, I think I figured it out for the most part lol. The DMZ Rule wasn't set up on the ISP Network so I fixed that up. The R1 now in now fully set up on ISP port forwarding end. (My speed test are always coming back with a 1ms ping.) Its just in the Duma ping test it says I have a terrible ping lol. But the nat type in BO3 is back to open!! So ill take it for now. (Ill keep looking at the ping issue might just be because of the crap weather lately) BUT Check out this gem gameplay from our fix lol :)

Thanks again!

-Bleach

Archived