look of the homepage

just saw the new homepage, imo i found a huge problem

the button to "forum and support" cannot be seen anywhere on the front page, imo it should be one of the biggest and easiest to see directly when you enter the page

the forum is the only place where the customer can get contact and help from the company

while your router, the manual and its browser interface is pretty straight forward there surely are tons of people out there that either wont understand what to do with it or have bugs or issues and ISP problems that lower their experience with the product

you can have a thousand happy customers but its usually the single unhappy one that produces so much hot air that he will overweight the happy customers

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hey Od1n, just to clarify are you talking about the website netduma.com or the router interface? I myself can see support very easily at a glance. Could you provide a screenshot please? :)

Guest Netduma Luke

I took the 'Forum' link off a couple of days ago as we felt that it would be confusing for a user who needed help (would you go the the forum or the support tab first). So now a user in need of support can read the FAQ and then if they need help, they can then access the forum via the Support link. 

Do you guys think that might be a mistake?

I think support tab then if you need more assistance click the forum tab is a good idea.

Read through the help articles before asking the same questions over and over in the forums like it has been.

I think support tab then if you need more assistance click the forum tab is a good idea.

Read through the help articles before asking the same questions over and over in the forums like it has been.

Agreed.

I took the 'Forum' link off a couple of days ago as we felt that it would be confusing for a user who needed help (would you go the the forum or the support tab first). So now a user in need of support can read the FAQ and then if they need help, they can then access the forum via the Support link. 

Do you guys think that might be a mistake?

while this surely takes away workload for you by having less support tickets running in the forum (as people do read the FAQ first) there are a lot of people out there that lazy, impatient and stubborn to just go for direct help (eg chat)

and if they dont get that help theyll get nasty and angry

word of mouth is an important thing for a new product, for instance the people i recommended the router to all received the info from me that the actual devs are instantly helping you via chat or forum incase there might be an issue, there isnt any computer hotline but a platform with real people that actually created the whole thing

thats worth a ton tbh, and separates your company from the big ones where you find yourself stuck in a hotline with people that dont know much more either

to make it short, on the frontpage (netduma.com) id put an easily viewable "forum/support" button, maybe in a sidetab on the right side or so

the forum community is evolving more and more so newcomers can also get their help by community answered posts, it doesnt always have to be a netduma staff user which frees up your workload :)

I totaly agree that there should still be the level of help there is but if the layout has you read the FAQ first it would help the customers much more than panicking , then coming here saying its why is this happening if they had only read it first there would be "whats going on " threads, imo.

I liked the old layout of the site but that's just my opinion.I know you guys were wanting forum members to answer less "tech" questions about the duma and leave that up to staff.I think the forum is the best way for people to find a solution to their problem or questions about the duma,again this is my opinion.

If i had an issue with a product and went to their website,the first place i would look is the "forum" section as you can get answers to the questions pertaining to your issue.Not really looking for a FAQ page as it's more vague and in the forum i can also get real life feedback from members that have gone thru the same issue as me.Also it tends to make people dig deeper and read more threads which in turn leads to them learning how to fix issues when they arise.

Again this is just my opinion.There are so many knowledgeable people on this forum,that are willing to help out people in need.The one thing IMO you guys can't do is what every other company does...deny customers access to the guys that know the product.Nothing worse that being put on hold for 30 minutes and have someone read blanket statements off a card as to what your problem could be.

The forum is what seperates netduma from everyone else,so i would have that front and center.People will visit it but not if it's a pain in the butt to find and get to.

Like i said i liked it the way it was

• Netduma Staff

I liked the old layout of the site but that's just my opinion.I know you guys were wanting forum members to answer less "tech" questions about the duma and leave that up to staff.I think the forum is the best way for people to find a solution to their problem or questions about the duma,again this is my opinion.

If i had an issue with a product and went to their website,the first place i would look is the "forum" section as you can get answers to the questions pertaining to your issue.Not really looking for a FAQ page as it's more vague and in the forum i can also get real life feedback from members that have gone thru the same issue as me.Also it tends to make people dig deeper and read more threads which in turn leads to them learning how to fix issues when they arise.

Again this is just my opinion.There are so many knowledgeable people on this forum,that are willing to help out people in need.The one thing IMO you guys can't do is what every other company does...deny customers access to the guys that know the product.Nothing worse that being put on hold for 30 minutes and have someone read blanket statements off a card as to what your problem could be.

The forum is what seperates netduma from everyone else.so i would have that front and center.People will visit it but not if it's a pain in the butt to find and get to.

Like i said i liked it the way it was

I think I agree with you. I think a link to the forum first is better. The as there already is, there is a notification at the top of the forum telling users to look at the Wiki if they need help. I know there was a welcome message that Adam set up (I don't know if it is still there) but maybe there could also be a link to the Wiki in the welcome message.

Ive always been a read the manual kind of person and then i have never had to ask questions , so i think if people would learn what they are about to use instead of making posts like "this is not working" "whats this do" posts are stopping the duma guys from developing the FW as they have to repete themself day in day out on here,that makes no sence to me.

FAQ/wiki then link to forum then at the forum the FAQ/wiki  if they did not get the hint the first time lol

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks for all the feedback guys, keep it coming.

I think part of the decision of moving it from the front page is the forum has so many threads it may be quite intimating for a potential customer. They make think that this product is too difficult to setup as there are so many threads. When the reality is the opposite as you've mentioned the forum makes setting up even easier.

What are your thoughts on that? 

Again thanks so much for telling your friends :)

@ Iain agreed the forum makes things less intimidating as a new owner of a duma.People see they are not the only ones's with issues and how most are easy solved following the steps of fellow duma users who have been there already IMO

Archived