Netduma won't stay in my isp's dmz plus

I followed all instructions to bridge my at&t modem, and everything thing has been awesome for a few weeks until my Duma suddenly dropped out of my isp's dmz list. I re followed all steps I did before, and the net Duma keeps getting kicked off of dmz plus and I have to start over again.

Where do I find the wan address? Is it the public ip? On the dmz page if my 2wire router it shows that my Duma is in dmz, and shows the public ip next to it. If it gets kicked again I'll note if this address changes. I grant say for sure but I think that this address has changed from the last time it dropped out.

• Administrators

You need to be putting the WAN IP found on the duma device manager into DMZ. This may be why it's dropping out as it hasn't been done correctly. 

Have you turned off the duma? Ensure cookies is enabled in settings > miscellaneous. Reboot from misc settings if you need to reboot as this will save settings.

I can verify that the "public ip" is in fact the same as the wan ip found in the Duma device manager. This address did not change from the last time it dropped out. I have re ticked cookies and enable upnp in misc settings and then rebooted the Duma, so I'll see if the settings hold.

OK so I checked my connection at lunch time today, and again my netduma has dropped out of DMZ on my 2wire ATT router. On my netduma the WAN address has now changed from the address it was at yesterday. On my ISP 2 wire it is showing the different public/WAN address it was showing yesterday. I'm at a loss at what to do, I know I'm probably missing something, any suggestions? 

Right now yes, I do see the blue box, my wan ip has changed again on the net duma, and my Duma has dropped out of dmz over night. Last night I put my Duma in my isp's dmz and had some really good games until it suddenly dropped out of dmz, and I was kicked offline. I checked my connection right away, and noticed that the wan address had changed in my Duma settings, but the address hadn't changed in my isp's settings. Any suggestions why my wan address in the Duma keeps changing?

Is it possible i have something ticked or unticked in my netduma settings that could cause this issue, like I said this thing was working perfectly for 2 weeks, performed exactly as it should.

I think it has something to do with the WAN IP changing but I cant figure out what is the root cause. 

My connection is 

Att Dsl Router/Modem Pace/2wire 5168nv-110 ->Netduma -> Xbox one and all other devices in the house I have checked or ?? in red where I may be going wrong

There is no true bridge mode on the 2Wire routers.  However, you can still configure it such that almost all functions of your own router will work properly.

1. Set your router's WAN interface to get an IP address via DHCP.  This is required at first so that the 2Wire recognizes your router.   ??????????

2. Plug your router's WAN interface to one of the 2Wire's LAN interfaces. OK

3. Restart your router, let it get an IP address via DHCP.  OK

4. Log into the 2Wire router's interface.  Go to Settings -> Firewall -> Applications, Pinholes, and DMZ OK

5. Select your router under section (1). OK

6. Click the DMZPlus button under section (2). OK

7. Click the Save button. OK

8. Restart your router, when it gets an address via DHCP again, it will be the public outside IP address.  At this point, you can leave your router in DHCP mode (make sure the firewall on your router allows the DHCP renewal packets, which will occur every 10 minutes), or you can change your router's IP address assignment on the WAN interface to static, and use the same settings it received via DHCP. ????????

9. On the 2Wire router, go to Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced Configuration  OK

10. Uncheck the following: Stealth Mode, Block Ping, Strict UDP Session Control.  OK

11. Check everything under Outbound Protocol Control except NetBIOS. OK

12. Uncheck NetBIOS under Inbound Protocol Control.  OK

13. Uncheck all the Attack Detection checkboxes (7 of them). OK

14. Click Save. OK

I follow these instructions exactly, and when I first set up my duma it worked great. I'm thinking Im missing something in step 1 which states Set your router's WAN interface to get an IP address via DHCP 

and  in step 8  after I get the duma in dmz mode should I set the duma's wan to static as ? if so how do I do thisopposed to leaving it in DHCP?

Is it possible i have something ticked or unticked in my netduma settings that could cause this issue, like I said this thing was working perfectly for 2 weeks, performed exactly as it should.

I think it has something to do with the WAN IP changing but I cant figure out what is the root cause. 

My connection is 

Att Dsl Router/Modem Pace/2wire 5168nv-110 ->Netduma -> Xbox one and all other devices in the house I have checked or ?? in red where I may be going wrong

There is no true bridge mode on the 2Wire routers.  However, you can still configure it such that almost all functions of your own router will work properly.

1. Set your router's WAN interface to get an IP address via DHCP.  This is required at first so that the 2Wire recognizes your router.   ??????????

2. Plug your router's WAN interface to one of the 2Wire's LAN interfaces. OK

3. Restart your router, let it get an IP address via DHCP.  OK

4. Log into the 2Wire router's interface.  Go to Settings -> Firewall -> Applications, Pinholes, and DMZ OK

5. Select your router under section (1). OK

6. Click the DMZPlus button under section (2). OK

7. Click the Save button. OK

8. Restart your router, when it gets an address via DHCP again, it will be the public outside IP address.  At this point, you can leave your router in DHCP mode (make sure the firewall on your router allows the DHCP renewal packets, which will occur every 10 minutes), or you can change your router's IP address assignment on the WAN interface to static, and use the same settings it received via DHCP. ????????

9. On the 2Wire router, go to Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced Configuration  OK

10. Uncheck the following: Stealth Mode, Block Ping, Strict UDP Session Control.  OK

11. Check everything under Outbound Protocol Control except NetBIOS. OK

12. Uncheck NetBIOS under Inbound Protocol Control.  OK

13. Uncheck all the Attack Detection checkboxes (7 of them). OK

14. Click Save. OK

I follow these instructions exactly, and when I first set up my duma it worked great. I'm thinking Im missing something in step 1 which states Set your router's WAN interface to get an IP address via DHCP 

and  in step 8  after I get the duma in dmz mode should I set the duma's wan to static as ? if so how do I do thisopposed to leaving it in DHCP?

This video might help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZy1C5qHxKc&index=1&list=PLwDZSXqFrcq9IHY23-M0qghysMN2PNsxH

I have tried that method, but I can never get my browser to get me the "resolve" message after enabling router behind router page, by closing and opening the browser. I followed his procedure step by step as well. The Duma still drops right out of dmz. I'm at my wits end trying to get this thing working. The shit part is how well the Duma works when I'm able to get it to stay online. Best lobbies ever.

Just in my experience with the AT&T UVerse NVG 589,I don't know if that's what you have or not but like you said there really isn't a bridge mode,it has what's called a passthrough mode,pretty much the same thing to me.

http://forum.netduma...z-r1-on-uverse/ follow this step by step and it should get you sorted out.Please pay special attention to step 8,your IP that is at the bottom of the page in passthrough can not have 192 for the first set of numbers,if it does it wont stick and you'll need to start over again.

And if that doesn't get you sorted out give this one a shot...http://www.dslreports.com/faq/17734

Sounds to me like your not getting it in actual passthrough mode,if so it will only stick when your one right then,turn it off and it won't be in passthrough anymore,so when you go to use the net again it won't be there.

Thanks for all of the suggestions, unfortunately my router is different from the Motorola NVG 589 router, Pace/2wire 5168nv-110. I want to try a few more things out before I set up a 1 on 1, but I have a couple of questions first.

How can I verify that my netduma is in DHCP mode?

I may try doing the cascaded router option to see if it sticks there, but I need to know what to fill in where it asks for network address (below pic not my actual screenshot) 

u-verse-modem-3.jpg

I'm green when it comes to this stuff, so please bear with me, the only thing I can think is happening is that my 2 wire router is just a piece of shit, or that it is assigning new settings to my netduma after it is in DMZ mode, and then not recognizing that it is in DMZ because something has changed thus dropping the DMZ. I just am not able to wrap my head around this thing, I'm starting to get confused about which address means what now haha. I surely appreciate all of the help! Im probably going to be switching to comcast in a couple of weeks just so I can use my own equipment, and not the mandated AT&T garbage, their tech support people are complete morons, I spent two hours on the phone with a so called tech, who told me that you cannot use another router behind router, and had absolutely no clue what he was talking about. 

I'm not familiar with your router but I'll do some poking around and see what I can come up with.

I'm sure someone on the forum has or had your router and hopefully they will chime in to help out.

Or you can replace components, ask AT&T for a new RG or try another router with the one you already have to see if they do the same thing.

Archived