Netduma won't stay in my isp's dmz plus

I could be way off on this one, but couldn't I just create a port forwarding rule opening a wide range of udp/tcp ports on my pace router and assign those rules to my netduma? IE: udp ports 50-xxxxxxx and tcp 50-xxxxxxx I read some where that the Pace router will need some ports open to operate. If this is a possibility, which range of ports should I open.

I just got finished with a technical guy at AT&T, and he said that I may need to set my Wan address to static in the net Duma, can someone explain what I need to input in the netduma fields?

• Administrators

I could be way off on this one, but couldn't I just create a port forwarding rule opening a wide range of udp/tcp ports on my pace router and assign those rules to my netduma? IE: udp ports 50-xxxxxxx and tcp 50-xxxxxxx I read some where that the Pace router will need some ports open to operate. If this is a possibility, which range of ports should I open.

You can try port forwarding 1024 - 60,000 TCP to the Duma. I wouldn't advise just opening up tons of ports really. 

I just got finished with a technical guy at AT&T, and he said that I may need to set my Wan address to static in the net Duma, can someone explain what I need to input in the netduma fields?

I think the most important thing is do you have an open NAT already? The easiest solution would be to have UPnP forwarding enabled in misc settings if not. 

So here is where I am at with this issue. I am 99% sure that I am setting my netduma into my isp router's dmz correctly. I have been monitoring what has been happening very closely and this is what I have found to be happening.  

1.When I set the netduma into DMZ the Public address in my isp router and wan address in my net duma "ALWAYS" 108.213.72.205 at this point internet works well, and I have an open NAT to my XBONE

2. A few hours pass, and Ill get kicked offline, when I check my netduma I see the Blue Box detecting connection to another router or modem, the WAN IP will be changed to a new address 192.168.1.xxx. When I look at my ISP router DMZ status page it does not show the netduma in DMZ

On my netduma I have UPnP ticked on on misc. and under UPnP settings

When the duma is out of DMZ I cannot get an open nat, sometimes strict, and sometimes moderate but never open when not DMZ'd. This is both in My XBONE network settings and Blops3

I can confirm that the Duma works flawlessly while in DMZ, but when it drops out it takes over an hour to reset everything and get it back into DMZ and up and playing.

3. What confuses me about the thing is when I put the Duma back into DMZ It takes back on the 108.213.72.205 Wan address in both the DUMA and my ISP router it seems like I should be able to put the 192.168.1.xxx into DMZ. I am able to select the device /duma by using the 192.168.1.xxx address but it ALWAYS assigns the public IP of 108.213.72.205 to DMZ and the DUMA

Hopefully this makes sense, I can provide screenshots of anything you may need. I will post this comment in the 1on1 section as well.

Archived