Gigabit Internet Support

Hi everyone,

I will be moving in the next couple of weeks to a new location and getting internet with 1 Gbps Up/Down.

Can anyone recommend a setup? I mean, personally I could live with the Netduma only getting perhaps 600 Mbps, but then again would it be a good idea to get their gigabit router and interconnect the two?

Another thing is would buffer bloat be an issue with such a high speed connection? I think I understand the netduma user needing to disable CC to get proper speeds. Just worried as to what results that would yield on the lag end.

-GK

You should be able to push 800 if set it up correctly.

Having that much BW like you say CC should not be an issue unless you were downloading at top speeds etc.

Bufferbloat only starts when you are getting close to saturation.

Hi everyone,

I will be moving in the next couple of weeks to a new location and getting internet with 1 Gbps Up/Down.

Can anyone recommend a setup? I mean, personally I could live with the Netduma only getting perhaps 600 Mbps, but then again would it be a good idea to get their gigabit router and interconnect the two?

Another thing is would buffer bloat be an issue with such a high speed connection? I think I understand the netduma user needing to disable CC to get proper speeds. Just worried as to what results that would yield on the lag end.

-GK

Supposedly max speeds on here are about 800 Mbps which will disable CC as you said. With that amount of bandwidth you shouldn't be able to do anything except speed tests to use your entire connection.... Even if you did, since the netduma will only go to about 800 Mbps it would essentially be like keeping the CC settings at 80% leaving 20% headroom for you. So lag shouldn't be a problem regardless.

Hi everyone,

-GK

I too am about to upgrade to the GooooooogleFibre :D (The 30th can't come soon enough lol.) Where are you moving too?

-Bleach

I'm moving to Chattanooga, TN and getting https://epb.com/home-store/internet "EPB".

I need it so badly, currently dealing with Charter which is beyond terrible.

My base ping with Charter is 30ms, which wouldn't be too bad if it didn't spike to 200+ms every couple seconds and have packet loss which makes gaming online terrible.

I'm moving to Chattanooga, TN and getting https://epb.com/home-store/internet "EPB".

I need it so badly, currently dealing with Charter which is beyond terrible.

My base ping with Charter is 30ms, which wouldn't be too bad if it didn't spike to 200+ms every couple seconds and have packet loss which makes gaming online terrible.

I hear you there lol, I get around the same for my ping, but my speeds are terrible I only have like 30down/2Up.... gonna be a real game changer with better speeds! Ill letcha know how mine goes!

Would just reiterate whats been said above & including my immense jealousy as well :P

I've lived < 10 minutes away for 2 years from their fiber network which is literally separated by a river. My current ISP has the monopoly over internet where I currently reside so noone else can offer services.

But regardless, once I get the new internet I will post the results and provide feedback as to my personal best settings.

p.s. They also offer a 10 Gig plan for up/down which I may consider in the future for my own web hosting resources.

I'm so jelly as well.  :lol:

I've lived < 10 minutes away for 2 years from their fiber network which is literally separated by a river. My current ISP has the monopoly over internet where I currently reside so noone else can offer services.

But regardless, once I get the new internet I will post the results and provide feedback as to my personal best settings.

p.s. They also offer a 10 Gig plan for up/down which I may consider in the future for my own web hosting resources.

I'm so jelly as well.  :lol:

seperated by the river and your current provider is Charter... sounds like you're moving from Jasper

seperated by the river and your current provider is Charter... sounds like you're moving from Jasper

haha, yeah man jasper area .. more in sequatchie.. Charter user? or lucky enough to have EPB? 

What's made worse is even with Geo filtering on, and ping assist at 35 ms I may get a 35 ms lobby, but Charter tends to spike/jitter every couple of seconds in excess of 150ms and more than often contains packet loss.

So basically It's like playing a UK player in the US, provided a ping from east coast USA to UK is only about 120ms, LUDICROUS!

Cable sucks and fiber is the future.

rVF3YB2.jpg

haha, yeah man jasper area .. more in sequatchie.. Charter user? or lucky enough to have EPB? 

What's made worse is even with Geo filtering on, and ping assist at 35 ms I may get a 35 ms lobby, but Charter tends to spike/jitter every couple of seconds in excess of 150ms and more than often contains packet loss.

So basically It's like playing a UK player in the US, provided a ping from east coast USA to UK is only about 120ms, LUDICROUS!

Cable sucks and fiber is the future.

rVF3YB2.jpg

I actually work for EPB Fiber Optics.. lol... so I'm very familiar with our Fiber footprint and the surrounding areas

That's awesome! How has your gaming experience been with EPB? Exceptional scores with internet diagnostic? Less jitter and spikes?

NUZw8An.jpg

I personally use the congestion control feature of the netduma and prioritisation feature.. I don't share excess between devices, I find 15mbps down and 2mbps up to work best for my PS4 gaming.. leaves plenty of speed for all the wireless devices within my home too..

I personally use the congestion control feature of the netduma and prioritisation feature.. I don't share excess between devices, I find 15mbps down and 2mbps up to work best for my PS4 gaming.. leaves plenty of speed for all the wireless devices within my home too..

Right on, yeah the consoles really don't need more than that for basic gaming. I do plan however to live stream, so I'm planning to set aside about 10 Mbps upload for the stream. Subject to change of course if buffer float issues occur.

Have you confirmed thats definitely an issue with your line Glitch?

I sure have, the nodes I assume are completely overloaded in this area. And to top it all off, we're on cable wiring so it can tend to get congested more often at certain times of the day.

Right on, yeah the consoles really don't need more than that for basic gaming. I do plan however to live stream, so I'm planning to set aside about 10 Mbps upload for the stream. Subject to change of course if buffer float issues occur.

I sure have, the nodes I assume are completely overloaded in this area. And to top it all off, we're on cable wiring so it can tend to get congested more often at certain times of the day.

If you have Charter I can almost guarantee you have severe node overload just like I did using them.I even told them what nodes were the problem with 3 weeks of documentation and they ignored it.So I got a dedicated gaming line and it's a whole lot better on DSL than cable and we should have fiber available to our area by fall.

I have fiber optic 1 gig and the performance is outstanding. You would think it would be great for BO3 but that's not the case. I think since I have such a large bandwidth and great ping that it connects me with people from all over the world, seriously and the lag comp doesn't go in my favor. I just picked up my duma from the post office today and hopefully this will solve my problems. Anyone have any advice as far as set up with next Gen internet? ?

I should be getting it today and will provide feedback. Played on neighbors gig service yesterday and first games I got were below 17ms even without duma, it was so amazing and breathed life back into the game for me. I even livestreamed at highest possible setting and no hiccups. Longest day ever waiting to get installed in my new apartment, lmao..

Update:

I got the gig installed today. Unfortunately I've maxed out the Netduma router. :(

with r1

5294657896.png

without r1

5294666256.png

First game playing on an 4.5 ms host... 

Update:

I got the gig installed today. Unfortunately I've maxed out the Netduma router. :(

with r1

5294657896.png

without r1

5294666256.png

First game playing on an 4.5 ms host... 

Damn,I gotta tell you that looks sexy as hell... :D

• Administrators

So jealous! Double check everything here & see if you can squeeze more out of it:

• Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Enable turbo mode
  • Enable super turbo mode
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

Archived