What happens if you ban a host because it's a bit wobbly but then later that host is designated as a dedicated server - does that server remain banned or does it get put back in the pool as it would with the 'temp ban'?

I've been finding a lot of hosts in Ireland that are likely part of the dedis but they don't have the ability to temp ban as they are still recognised as P2P. Normally I would issue a temp ban and move onto another but I obviously don't want to end up with a ton of dedis blocked.

It could be that the host is not in the right location.  If you have the option to update, then it's NOT a dedicated server.  There are many servers that could be in the same location, thats why you need to pay attention to the ID.

It could be that the host is not in the right location.  If you have the option to update, then it's NOT a dedicated server.  There are many servers that could be in the same location, thats why you need to pay attention to the ID.

I am paying attention to the ID, I'm writing a list of these hosts.

It could be the wrong location as you say but I think they are correctly located, the ping is what I would expect and nothing close to the ping I'd get to the US (I'm on Xbox One so there's not a lot of choice in server location).

Can you elaborate a little though? How does the ID tell me the location?

And regarding having 'update' rather than 'temp ban'...

That's not correct.

If it was then you're basically saying that all dedis are already recorded on the Netduma and that when Microsoft/Activision of whoever add a new server or batch of servers to the Black Ops rotation then the Netduma must automatically know.

I am saying that I suspect that this is a new batch that has not yet been recorded as such and will need to be added to the cloud updates - the issue is what happens to those that I've banned after a new cloud update recognises it as a dedi?

Imagine I'm having an iffy internet day and start banning these hosts, I could conceivably permanently ban an entire server farm over a weekend.

I would assume it would un ban but once a cloud goes out let me know what actually occurs.

I haven't actually banned any of them yet, I will do if you want me to test it but how will I know what has happened to it later down the road to report back?

I suppose I could ban them all at a certain 'quality' % (that nothing else is recorded at) or give them a 'test' handle but if the cloud update clears that info and unbans them then I wouldn't recognise them as the ones I previously banned. And if it doesn't reverse the ban then I wouldn't see them again anyway would I?

I'm on PS4 and I have found at least 25 new servers so far in a single bank.They show up as P2P,has an update button and the game version number has e after it.But they are all exactly 80 miles from me and all start with 0468.

So yes there are new banks of dedi's and when we report them Fraser puts them in the new cloud update and then they become just like existing dedi's.

• Administrators

I haven't actually banned any of them yet, I will do if you want me to test it but how will I know what has happened to it later down the road to report back?

I suppose I could ban them all at a certain 'quality' % (that nothing else is recorded at) or give them a 'test' handle but if the cloud update clears that info and unbans them then I wouldn't recognise them as the ones I previously banned. And if it doesn't reverse the ban then I wouldn't see them again anyway would I?

Yeah just try one to test please. 

Make a note of the ID, let me know what it is, when a cloud goes out I'll check to see if it's been classified as dedicated and then you can let me know if it stays blocked or not. I suspect it would stay blocked until you unblocked it, then you'd only be able to temp ban.

Make a note of the ID, let me know what it is, when a cloud goes out I'll check to see if it's been classified as dedicated and then you can let me know if it stays blocked or not. I suspect it would stay blocked until you unblocked it, then you'd only be able to temp ban.

Roger, will do.

Here you go Fraser.

I rated this one bad enough to put it in my ban list and I reckon it's an Irish dedi for BO3 on Xbox One.

1f3402cdd1bea4a9

Here you go Fraser.

I rated this one bad enough to put it in my ban list and I reckon it's an Irish dedi for BO3 on Xbox One.

1f3402cdd1bea4a9

Archived