Question regarding CC

sharpz44

That would depend on local congestion in your house.

If you have (4) other people living there, all with 5-10 devices, I would still give myself a little protection against one of them deciding to go online and download a monster patch in the background while you are getting destroyed playing your game.

Even if I am home alone, I still carve out about 10% and run 89/90 or 92/23 depending on how I feel that day.

Ok thanks,however when I mean home alone there is no one else in the house,kids at school not using YouTube and playing mine craft

I still lower it a bit until I get a decent 'buffer bloat' and 'line quality' result in the DSLreports test, there's a thread about it by Dillinger or Zennon I think but I can't find it...

If I am alone in the house (rare) I still have mine set to 70/70 when I game because my phone is on to check my geo if needs be and I might get an update for an app etc.

Ok thanks ,I will use it in that manner then,I was one of the first to buy this when it was released along with you Zennon, you've been here from the beginning which is good to see,but have forgotten some of the optimal settings as stopped using it due to wifi ,glad I went back as Netgear QOS is crap in comparison on there high end X4S.

Cheers for the help

I remember you saying you were stopping using it if i recall correctly.

I am glad you can see the major benefits myself and other see now :)

I have tried loads of QOS and types of congestion control and this thing has been a god send.

Yep,totally see the benefit,more so now than ever,my daughter is a minecraft nut on PC and YouTube .

Remember I found that Chinese device that was trying to copy the Netduma,can't remember what it was called ,something like Wolf router....idiots

Yeah my son was lagging me like crazy and some things worked a little but my ping was still way to high, jittering and games were bad.

Netduma wow something else at combating local congestion and jitter.

Even for a sole user using a laptop or tablet to view the GUI, who knows when and MS update is silently downloading or apps are updating, facebook and emails pushing etc.

I wish for all to be enlightened by the duma :)

Archived