My ping has halved :)

bagsta69

Hi guys, not sure what has happened but when I first got the router my ping using the router test was around the 30 ms mark and classed as good. This confirmed to me what I had been seeing on speed test etc.

I thought that I should just try it again since there has been an update to the software and to my pleasant surprise I am getting exceptional results across the board and a ping of 13.9 average.

Happy days.

However when I run speed test it tells me I am only getting 50 ms, I am guessing the R1 diagnostics are more accurate.

post-788-0-73342300-1427047344_thumb.jpg

Pingtest.net is reporting 16MS Ive never had less than 29MS EVER. 

Maybe you was interleaved if virgin uses that, and now you are on their equivalent to fastpath. I had the same thing happen to me.

Yeah you have gone to fast path , i have just had a noise burst on friday night and DLM has put mine to 32ms.

I had the same issue on a Sky fibre line about a week ago.  My ping went from a constant 13ms to 32ms.  It fluctuates between 16-19ms now, so DLM is still giving me the bird. 

• Netduma Staff

any one know how to get on this "fastpath" for verizon fios? they always just give me the run around.....

I assume this is fibre? I have heard that it is not possible to go onto fast path on fibre although I'm not sure if that is correct. Remember that fast path will mean that you will usually get packet loss if maxing out your connection. Packet loss is worse that a low ping, especially if your ping isn't too bad as it is.

ya its fiber and from what ive also looked into  cant find anything faster its just bad servers/hops to servers 

im getting 40 ms on most servers and they play worse than when i turn off filter and play on 80ms hosts/servers

Archived