Bandwidth Question?

Dioni Rod.

• Netduma Staff

It depends on weather you are using internet anywhere else in your house while you are gaming. If you are not gaming, you can leave the connection uncapped, while gaming, it is suggested to cap your connection to about 60-70%.

You need to hook them up to the Netdumas wifi and turn off the isp routers wifi or you will not have the benefit of congestion control keeping your pings low as they surf and stream.

Connected to R1: xbox 1 and my laptop on Netduma Wi-Fi

Fios fiber optic:150D/150U

Device Prioritisation :80%

Do I set my bandwidth upload and download at 60% or 100%..

With that much bandwidth, I think you can run at 100%.  I could have sworn I read something about bandwidth and that after so much bandwidth, you are able to use 100% settings because the internet will not fully utilize all your bandwidth

• Netduma Staff

With that much bandwidth, I think you can run at 100%.  I could have sworn I read something about bandwidth and that after so much bandwidth, you are able to use 100% settings because the internet will not fully utilize all your bandwidth

No, I think this is correct. If the devices aren't using all the bandwidth you won't need to cap. It is unlikely 1 tablet and 1 laptop is going to be using 150MB/s.

On the other hand, if they did begin to cap out the connection, you would lag because you have not set any bandwidth caps.

I'm in my man cave with the R1 and there on the second floor single from the R1 Wi-Fi wasn't strong enough so I put them on my ISP routers Wi-Fi. Which is on the first floor.... Can they still affect my gaming ?

Thanks for replying back everyone:)

Archived