Bandwidth Problems

I have the worst internet speeds in the world. This is due to me living in the country side where only Standard BT internet is available. Due to this being the only internet available I had to purchase a Netduma (Helped alot). With this internet I am only dedicated 1Mb of Internet to my house for 12 devices to share which is horrible, everyone can use it but I have this problem where I can use my laptop, phone, ps4 at the same time but as soon as someone starts watching a Youtube video or Stream then on the Network Monitor it is telling me they are using 5 Mb which is a problem. Due to us only having 1 Mb then we cannot do anything once this program is being streamed. Hence everyone else being helpless with 0 bandwidth. 

My Question.

How can I use the devices and have this person watch the stream without them using all the Bandwidth?

Yours, Steven

I already messaged you FRASER personally but thought it'd be helpful to post here as well.  My internet speeds from my provider are expect to be 150mbps of download and 10mbps of upload.  I have the latest 1.03.6g running on my NetDuma R1 router. My R1 router used to work amazing with the settings that are below:

Enable deep packet processing.  UNCHECKED
Allow auto feedback(no personal data ever) to help improve the R1. CHECKED
Allow remote access to Netduma tech support. CHECKED
Enable upnp forwarding. CHECKED
Enable multicast snooping. UNCHECKED
Enable link-local IPv6. UNCHECKED
Access control panel from WAN(not recommend). UNCHECKED
Enable cookies. CHECKED
Enable wifi work-around. UNCHECKED
Stealth Mode.  UNCHECKED
Turbo mode. CHECKED
Super Turbo mode (disables CC). UNCHECKED
Recently though my R1 has been acting up with extremely slow speeds with those settings that worked amazing well in the past.  Now i barely get 20 or so of download speed and that is with Deep Packet enabled or it doesn't work almost at all.
I've done reset on the R1 and restart on the R1 and Modem with not much success.  I apologize in advance for any confusion in posts or anything in regards to this issue.

Thank You
Asim

I just unchecked the DEEP PACKET and i get speeds of 80mbps of download and 8.12mbps of upload which is amazing for me wired.  I hope that the NetDuma R1 will function properly with DEEP PACKET unchecked.  I will keep you guys posted.

• Administrators

It all appears to be back to normal.  I'll be back in a few hours and check again.

Great to hear that. Keep us updated :)

Can an admin or moderator give me the best congestion control settings for such a low bandwidth. I want to play COD but the lag is surreal.

How do you have your device prioritisation setup? Is share excess on?

Can you answer this please :)

How do you have your device prioritisation setup? Is share excess on?

I have it setup that my playstation when I am gaming gets majority. I have share excess on. I also feel that the Hyper Service doesnt really affect my gaming, It should give me first priority but doesnt. I load the profile to the game I am playing, this seem to help. So FIFA or COD.

• Administrators

Reset the distribution & apply. Leave share excess on. 

Why don't you think Hyper-Traffic isn't giving your console priority? It will be sending/receiving before anything else. 

The profiles are great :)

Archived