Black ops 1 Is near..

Albo2001

What are you guys gonna do if BO1 plays just as bad as AW or BO3,just asking.If the coding is the same and if they built the game like they did the last 5 or so,will it really play differently or better ?

Aside from the no flying squirrel bullshit... ;)

http://segmentnext.com/2016/03/18/xbox-one-backwards-compatibility-getting-bioshock-black-ops-skate-3/

This article makes it sound like it's dropping very soon, or may be available?  Can someone check they game library and see if it's there?

@Fuzzy - It isn't a new game, it will be the same game.  The Ghost bushwookies will still be there doing their thing, not moving for hours on end, but we know how to deal with all that jazz.  I honestly don't expect the game to play any differently as 3Arc wasn't involved, this was an MSFT deal.

What are you guys gonna do if BO1 plays just as bad as AW or BO3,just asking.If the coding is the same and if they built the game like they did the last 5 or so,will it really play differently or better ?

Aside from the no flying squirrel bullshit... ;)

They really didn't need to build anything for the game.  It's only been made backwards compatible; so i would assume it should be fairly the same experience.  Just guessing i think the biggest factor would be how many people are playing it and how good the servers are.

Bops 1 would always have a team of really positive players on one team and the other side would be so out of sync that they would all go negative.

Oldskool gaming ;)

I didn't find BO1 anywhere near as rage inducing as this current title.  In Bo1 if you wanted to play it a little slow and go for those higher streaks, you didn't need to worry so much about spawn flips and guys crossing the map in 2.5 seconds.

Don't get me wrong I really liked BO1 and still play it.And I should have explained the point I was trying to make better but I am impaired at this particular time... :huh:

I was trying to say that if the connections and matchmaking (servers as Jeff said) are the same as the last 5 releases,I wonder how it will play.I know how it ran and played when it was current, just curious how it will run now.

Better or worse was what I was trying to ask... :D

I think the big key will be whether it gets ANY provisioned dedi's.  MSFT has server space, and then some I suspect, but whether this release will warrant any will have to be seen at time of play.

Playing BO1 recently on the 360, it was all P2P hosts and other than the occasional host hacker (easy enough to avoid follow ups with the Duma) I didn't run into many problems.

I suspect it will be all P2P based, which will be awesome for NetDuma players as they will be able to isolate and rate local hosts that are good.  The obvious downside to that theory is that the first 10,000 download/purchasers are going to find it a tough time to find reliable "local" lobbies from game to game until word spreads and the re-release becomes more heavily (I hope) saturated.

My questions are:

Given the Windows 10 Upgrade and Cross Platform talk is whether we will see 360 BO1 players in the same lobbies?  I would suspect we will not, the XB1 version will obviously have tweaks and settings changed to be complaint, but what if??   :huh:

Will we get any in game accomplishments and will our stats carry over?  

Or 

Will we start at level 1, Prestige 0 again?

I am personally hoping for Level 1, Prestige 0.  Make it a completely new version of an old classic where everyone starts on an even playing field.  That would be cool.

"Call of Duty: Black Ops" will soon have backward compatibility. The "Annihilation: Pack 3" DLC turned up in the Spanish Xbox market as ready for installation, suggesting that the first "Black Ops" could soon go live everywhere

post-788-0-23841500-1458402838_thumb.jpeg

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/127309/20160125/call-of-duty-black-ops-could-bring-backward-compatibility-with-xbox-soon.htm

Although the date in top right says 2011 but in next pic it shows it alongside blops 3

post-788-0-83609700-1458403079_thumb.png

Archived