Whats Going On

I've had the R1 for about 2 weeks now and i haven't seen any improvement in game play. Im playing black ops 2 on ps3 and Aw on ps4 and there has been no noticeable changes it feels exactly the same with the R1. How can i say that, quiet easy ive been playing with the ps4 and ps3 directly to my isp modem and had about 20 games. Then i hook up the R1 for 20 games I have preemptive set as my algorithm pa set to 50 geo set to 1000km strict mode on cc set to 70% up and down and not a difference. Im quite disappointed with this as i have spent $300 Australian dollars. And nothing has improved except my wifi. I contacted my isp and they have put me on a new line profile so i now get 10down and 1up. And they checked my line for errors and other stuff to see if, there was something happening on their end that might impact my gameplay. But as i suspected they told me i have a outstanding line with absolutely no issue that they can see, By all means im not the best player but all other cods i have held a 3+ kdr Aw I cant even pull positive its like im shooting marshmallows in Aw and black ops 2. half a clip and just hit markers. 2-3 bullets to me and I drop like a sack of potatoes. Also watching killcams and apparently i don't even shoot I just stare at them hoping they will drop dead. I was hoping the R1 would solve my problems but it seems like I've been let down again. I feel like i have spent $300 on a router to extend my wifi. 40ms Aw in game ping but feels like utter garbage feels the sdame on black ops 2. Can anyone help me 

Hear are some pictures of my settings of the R1 

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1425887865-U841.png

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1425887900-U841.png

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1425887941-U841.png

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1425887972-U841.png

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1425888018-U841.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CODAW is hit and miss, it's just the game with their Dedicated servers, only about 3-4 weeks ago I'd play on peer to peer servers and AW was great, there's something wrong with their Dedicated servers...

B_RG8OEU0AEbxDZ.jpg

BO2 on the otherhand is a dream with the Netduma R1, every game is a delight on my end.

B_VV4OAUsAAWlhX.jpg

B_a4ldvU8AAlemR.jpg

What I think you might need to do is first upgrade your firmware: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/742-7-beta/

Read instructions carefully!

Also when using two PlayStation consoles have ones geo-filter disabled when using the other system, so if playing AW on PS4, disable the PS3 geo-filter.

Also set your percentages to 50% for both, not 70%

I'm an Aussie as well, from Victoria, so I'm more aware of your issues than you may think.

Hey a7legit 

im from Victoria as well from carrum downs area.

I always only have 1 console enabled at a time, as ive read before having both enavbled can cause issues. aslo where abouts do you have your gep set and how many km. i might give yours a try and see what happens  

Hey a7legit 

im from Victoria as well from carrum downs area.

I always only have 1 console enabled at a time, as ive read before having both enavbled can cause issues. aslo where abouts do you have your gep set and how many km. i might give yours a try and see what happens  

I have my home set to where I am roughly located in Victoria, zoom in about 5x to set it.

I have KM's set to 1678.00 and Ping Assist to 50ms

At 1678.00KM's the geo-filter extends over NSW, QLD, SA,Tasmania and a little part of it might even go as far as WA but that's not important, that distance is mostly left unchanged as is more beneficial in Black Ops 2 than AW.

also i have the latest firmware installed .7 or is this a diffrent 1 ? 

Yeah .7 is the latest official firmware.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Clinton, I'm going to try be as diplomatic as I possible can. I'm here to try help you with any problems you have the router, the purpose of the router is to execute the advertised functions which are aimed at reducing ping. That is all, nothing else. Reducing ping will in turn make the game-play better.

Your second pic shows a very stead graph at around 40ms. Your 5th pic shows your ping to Google(a good way to see your approximate best ping) which is also 40ms. That means the router is nearly working flawlessly for your connection. From a support perspective there is nothing more that can be done.

On a personal level I'm extremely surprised you haven't noticed a difference, you're connection is near optimum. Before you would have been connecting to the states with 150ms+ etc. So I have no idea how there is any comparison at all.

The other day you genuinely had problems with spikes, if that was still the case we could investigate further. But based on the 5 pic above again everything seems to be working perfectly. 

So I have been monitoring my connection, and I seem to be getting spikes of 208ms, 64ms and so on. So I honestly feel this is my issue. Also im not saying the R1 doesn't work it does exactly what is suppose to do. Its just that im having issues with it. Not every connection is the same so some find it harder to find the sweet spot. To all respect the Netduma team has made a outstanding product that I'd recommend it to anyone. Any seriouse gamer needs one of these just need to find out why this is happening to me.

Also Iain when you have a chance could you see why this is happening ?

Hopefully there are no hard feelings

Cheers

So I have been monitoring my connection, and I seem to be getting spikes of 208ms, 64ms and so on. So I honestly feel this is my issue. Also im not saying the R1 doesn't work it does exactly what is suppose to do. Its just that im having issues with it. Not every connection is the same so some find it harder to find the sweet spot. To all respect the Netduma team has made a outstanding product that I'd recommend it to anyone. Any seriouse gamer needs one of these just need to find out why this is happening to me.

Also Iain when you have a chance could you see why this is happening ?

Hopefully there are no hard feelings

Cheers

This is a jitter issue and can only be resolved by your ISP, there are multiple threads discussing this (someone hopefully will link to this).

This is a jitter issue and can only be resolved by your ISP, there are multiple threads discussing this (someone hopefully will link to this).

Hey abc123

I think you may be correct my jitter seems to be a issues even when I do a ping test my jitter in the 20+ms. But on the r1 dionoctics it doesnt show it. But if I ping test mebourne to say syndeny its 20+ms. Maybe ill contact my isp again hopefully so can link me to one of the pages.

Guest Netduma_Iain

The problem with our Internet diagnosis test is its really short. So it may not catch any spikes, I'll be looking into alteratives soon.

A few customers have used a program called ping plotter, which will continually ping an address. I recommend Google and maybe some local prominent company, for exampline in the UK bbc is a classic example. 

See if your pings rise? Also if at all possible try do the test when no one is using the connection. Basically the goal is to find out if its your connection or people are your home causing the problem. If its the connection I'm afraid its the ISP at fault, if not the R1 should be able to help.

Perhaps try the reactive algorithm and see if that helps as another option mate. 

I've had the R1 for about 2 weeks now and i haven't seen any improvement in game play. Im playing black ops 2 on ps3 and Aw on ps4 and there has been no noticeable changes it feels exactly the same with the R1. How can i say that, quiet easy ive been playing with the ps4 and ps3 directly to my isp modem and had about 20 games. Then i hook up the R1 for 20 games I have preemptive set as my algorithm

pa set to 50 geo set to 1000km strict mode on cc set to 70% up and down and not a difference. Im quite disappointed with this as i have spent $300 Australian dollars. And nothing has improved except my wifi. I contacted my isp and they have put me on a new line profile so i now get 10down and 1up. And they checked my line for errors and other stuff to see if, there was something happening on their end that might impact my gameplay. But as i suspected they told me i have a outstanding line with absolutely no issue that they can see, By all means im not the best player but all other cods i have held a 3+ kdr Aw I cant even pull positive its like im shooting marshmallows in Aw and black ops 2. half a clip and just hit markers. 2-3 bullets to me and I drop like a sack of potatoes. Also watching killcams and apparently i don't even shoot I just stare at them hoping they will drop dead. I was hoping the R1 would solve my problems but it seems like I've been let down again. I feel like i have spent $300 on a router to extend my wifi. 40ms Aw in game ping but feels like utter garbage feels the sdame on black ops 2. Can anyone help me

Hear are some pictures of my settings of the R1

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1425887865-U841.png

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1425887900-U841.png

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1425887941-U841.png

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1425887972-U841.png

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1425888018-U841.png

Guest Netduma Fraser

Just to jump in here, you have show dormant hosts turned off. So you may have a badly hosted game, back out and then, you may or may not wait 2 minutes but it will be harder to tell as you cant see the dormant hosts. So you could be connecting to the same one that gives you issues. 

The problem with our Internet diagnosis test is its really short. So it may not catch any spikes, I'll be looking into alteratives soon.

A few customers have used a program called ping plotter, which will continually ping an address. I recommend Google and maybe some local prominent company, for exampline in the UK bbc is a classic example. 

See if your pings rise? Also if at all possible try do the test when no one is using the connection. Basically the goal is to find out if its your connection or people are your home causing the problem. If its the connection I'm afraid its the ISP at fault, if not the R1 should be able to help.

Perhaps try the reactive algorithm and see if that helps as another option mate.

Hey Iain

Ive tried the reactive algorithm and no difference, im using ping plotter atm and I got a spike of 206ms and 226ms. I have provided the links below to show this issue. 

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1425944576-U841.jpg

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1425944600-U841.png

Have you tried hooking your computer directly to your modem to rule out any issues with your cable line? It's best to try and isolate the exact problem. 

Have you tried hooking your computer directly to your modem to rule out any issues with your cable line? It's best to try and isolate the exact problem.

Hey Alex

atm ive just got the r1 connected to my modem and the laptop connected to the r1. But I will try to connect it straight to the modem and see what happens.

My isp is Internode, whys that

I've read about some people who were on Internode's Annex M Gamer Profile and with the Netgear DGN2200 V3 had low pings (i.e. 6ms) and now are getting about 20-30ms ping...

I also read some customers had noisy lines and that their DNS servers used are flaky.

Also just a quick question you do not have IPv6 enabled in the Netduma settings do you?

Settings > WAN > IPv6 <--- Untick this

Settings > Miscellaneous > Enable link-local IPv6 <--- Untick this

Also (can't hurt).

Settings > Miscellaneous > Enable deep packet processing <---Untick this

I've read about some people who were on Internode's Annex M Gamer Profile and with the Netgear DGN2200 V3 had low pings (i.e. 6ms) and now are getting about 20-30ms ping...

I also read some customers had noisy lines and that their DNS servers used are flaky.

Also just a quick question you do not have IPv6 enabled in the Netduma settings do you?

Settings > WAN > IPv6 <--- Untick this

Settings > Miscellaneous > Enable link-local IPv6 <--- Untick this

Also (can't hurt).

Settings > Miscellaneous > Enable deep packet processing <---Untick this

Thanks for the info btw I have unticked all of that stuff already. Im thinking of changing to telstra if I find out they have lied. To me about my connection something just doesn't semm right. And I notice bad when playing online

Guest Netduma_Iain

Clinton mate, don't forget to the run the ping plotter before you do anything drastic. Lets find the problem first before we offer alternatives. 

Clinton mate, don't forget to the run the ping plotter before you do anything drastic. Lets find the problem first before we offer alternatives. 

Hey Iain 

I've ran ping plotter and posted the images on the first page if you wanna have a look for me. 

Cheers

Archived