COD issues frustration

I've had great game play before on cod, but lately since update .6 I'm getting lag comp by some guy seeing me before I see him on my screen and then I'm dead. Right now I updated to did-wrt in my r7000 nighthawk and plays better without the netduma attached, I want to use the netduma do to the fact I paid a lot of money for the intent it would provide even better gameplay, but feeling frustrated where I feel like nothing going right. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

After upgrading, I recommend doing a full factory reset with out preserving settings and setup from scratch.

What are your congestion controls set for?

If your the only gamer online and nothing else is going on while gaming, try setting your congestion controls too 100% down and 99% up.

From my experience with it and DSLreports and keeping BB grade as high as possible, I found that using 99% for UP does this for me. Using 100% seems to down grade some. I presume users should test various levels and see. I'm a single gamer so when I game, nobody is online or streaming so congestion controls can be high for me.

Will the 1% less really make a difference than having both at 100%??

The purpose of having the sliders is to preserve bandwidth to help buffer against other users impacting your game performance with spikes, or worse.

In the example above, "If you are the only gamer online and nothing else is going on while gaming"  the op is saying to just give yourself a little margin in case your phone suddenly looks for an update or another device does some sort of ping or check.

Will it really make that big of a difference?  The only way to definitively answer that is have several known set of parameters, which we don't have in a game like CoD, or test, test and more test.

Personally I and a few other of the #Canary testers are going back to basics with this game to try and find something that is working.  I am running an 85/85 setting, small geo filter and playing sub 20ms games on the Seattle black hole.  I have a spreadsheet now (surprise) that I am tracking game progress on the multiple boxes in the Seattle set-up.

Some play pretty well actually.  There are two servers that I can't seem to get a kill if I dropped a JDAM on a packed football stadium, so now I just temp ban them when I see them coming up and move on.

The game is broken right now.  Too much too soon, or the testing feel flat and they are rushing it out the door, something.  The game itself is fundamentally inconsistent and no settings that this little router can make in your house are going to be able to overcome ALL the BS the other 11 player hosts are adding.

In past games, by March, the patching was usually pretty close to "final" as the development groups burned the midnight oil before CoD Champs.  This year Champs is at the end of the cycle, with only online tourneys spread out, so who knows if the patches will even address online play over the LAN experience.

Wish I had a list of shit that works for this game, because I think it's depth is such that I could play it into upcoming cycles if they suck (I'm looking at you Ghosts 2).  

But right now?  

Nah, I can't do this game for another 3 years in it's current state.....

^^^^^^This,games a mess in it's current state.But JD and I are gonna try some different  things this weekend and we'll report back with our findings.

IMO as everybody's settings will be different due to their network and usage,if I'm the only person at home and gaming I set my sliders to 90 both ways,if mama's home doing anything I set them to 70 both ways.

This may or may not help you out but sometimes small changes make a big difference if the way the game plays and sometimes you can use every trick in the book and it won't make a difference.If the problem lies within the game... ;)

I agree as well. BO3 IMO should have been tested more before going public. Seems a bit rushed to market. Seen many issues with even audio and headsets which is really frustrating when you can't hear you teammates in game. Like last nite I was with 2 other and could hear them perfectly fine then the next game, I could not. Then it came back. I see sometimes that I can send party invites then the next time I get a FAIL message popup. There too many problems with this game. We never did have this much problem with Ghosts. I might see if I can get my friends to go back and game on Ghosts and see what we find. Others should be encouraged to test other games as well.

so friggin inconsistent, same lobby too.

That is a running problem that has been discussed.  Zennon, of course, was the first to bring it to everyone's attention.

If you have a good game = CHANGE LOBBIES.  

If you got nothing but a big bag of hitmarkers and assists, try to stay in there for the next lobby as they seem to auto balance, or import players, to even things up.

The purpose of having the sliders is to preserve bandwidth to help buffer against other users impacting your game performance with spikes, or worse.

In the example above, "If you are the only gamer online and nothing else is going on while gaming"  the op is saying to just give yourself a little margin in case your phone suddenly looks for an update or another device does some sort of ping or check.

Will it really make that big of a difference?  The only way to definitively answer that is have several known set of parameters, which we don't have in a game like CoD, or test, test and more test.

Personally I and a few other of the #Canary testers are going back to basics with this game to try and find something that is working.  I am running an 85/85 setting, small geo filter and playing sub 20ms games on the Seattle black hole.  I have a spreadsheet now (surprise) that I am tracking game progress on the multiple boxes in the Seattle set-up.

Some play pretty well actually.  There are two servers that I can't seem to get a kill if I dropped a JDAM on a packed football stadium, so now I just temp ban them when I see them coming up and move on.

The game is broken right now.  Too much too soon, or the testing feel flat and they are rushing it out the door, something.  The game itself is fundamentally inconsistent and no settings that this little router can make in your house are going to be able to overcome ALL the BS the other 11 player hosts are adding.

In past games, by March, the patching was usually pretty close to "final" as the development groups burned the midnight oil before CoD Champs.  This year Champs is at the end of the cycle, with only online tourneys spread out, so who knows if the patches will even address online play over the LAN experience.

Wish I had a list of shit that works for this game, because I think it's depth is such that I could play it into upcoming cycles if they suck (I'm looking at you Ghosts 2).  

But right now?  

Nah, I can't do this game for another 3 years in it's current state.....

How are you connecting to the seattle server? I live in seattle and I get pushed to lower cali or mid-america I get nothing closer. Would you mind sharing your settings?

Hey jlandeis - There isn't much to my personal settings to be honest.  I run an 85/85 if the Mrs is streaming, or a little higher if I am home alone.  I use the Hyper Lane and I have a small Geo Filter over Western Washington and down into the Portland area.  I live outside of Seattle, currently gaming on the PS4.

One thing that I do, that a lot of players do not, is I physically disconnect the console before I start gaming.  LAN cable unplugged and console off.  

I turn on the Duma and get set up where I want to play (I was camping Kansas for weeks shortly after launch and I play in Illinois a lot when I party with Fuzzy Clam).  Once I have my congestion set, I set my map where I want to play, then I plug in the console connection and fire it up.

With the Geo Filter spec'ing where I want to play (in your case Seattle) the matchmaking seems to just populate me on the dedi of the area.  This still worked, as of yesterday night, on the PS4.

I haven't checked in on the XB1 in about 3 weeks, but the last time I was on, this method worked just fine.

Overall success rate is about 85-90% of the time.  If it fails, I just restart the console and the second time has always been successful (that I can remember).

Hope that helps.

Archived