1.03.6g Extremely buggy/broken on my R1

Ok so I was patient enough to let Friday come and pass. I received no reply by anyone from Netduma. I am a frustrated customer that needs assistance. I feel as though I am being ignored. It also looks as though you guys are taking the weekend off now after telling me I would be contacted yesterday. I am very close to creating a bad review the Netduma company if my issue is not handled by Monday.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so I was patient enough to let Friday come and pass. I received no reply by anyone from Netduma. I am a frustrated customer that needs assistance. I feel as though I am being ignored. It also looks as though you guys are taking the weekend off now after telling me I would be contacted yesterday. I am very close to creating a bad review the Netduma company if my issue is not handled by Monday.

Have you tried rolling back to .5 yet? I did that and then when I had time downloaded .6 again (I did not want to use the same file) and installed the new file and it seems to work much much better. Make sure you are wired to the duma when downloading and installing. I always am wired but not sure if you are.

Have you tried rolling back to .5 yet? I did that and then when I had time downloaded .6 again (I did not want to use the same file) and installed the new file and it seems to work much much better. Make sure you are wired to the duma when downloading and installing. I always am wired but not sure if you are.

Yes I am always wired. I haven't down/upgraded yet, but I will. I am more frustrated with Netduma as a company right now because I have already spent good money on 2 modems and I was about to buy a 3rd when I found out the modems aren't the problem. As a consumer I shouldn't have to be the one wasting all of my time trying to figure out why the product I paid good money for isn't working as advertised. Instead they are just pointing fingers at things that aren't the problem. Getting the run around is never fun.

Threats really don't get you anywhere,just make you look like a 10 year old kid who's not getting his way.

If they haven't got back to you they are more than likely still tying to sort out your issue,give'em a break,you know they don't ignore people it's just not their style.

Threats really don't get you anywhere,just make you look like a 10 year old kid who's not getting his way.

If they haven't got back to you they are more than likely still tying to sort out your issue,give'em a break,you know they don't ignore people it's just not their style.

I was told by Fraser that my issue would be handled on Friday. That is a very specific time frame and I took him for his word. I made this ticket 4 days ago and have seen very little useful support on my issue. Every patch since I have owned this thing it has had issues and every time I have been told the next patch will fix it. Some issues went away without me having to do anything, but some of them have persisted from the beginning. I do not want to keep throwing money at new modems either as the last time someone suggested one to me on these forums, I am now being told it is a bad modem. I don't know who to trust as there is not 1 source that I can find that shows a list of compatible or incompatible modems or from which ISP as we now know not all modems work the same even if its the same model.

As a consumer, I shouldn't have to deal with things like lies, false advertising,or a faulty product with spotty support to fix the issues. If you view me as a 10 year old kid, then that's your issue. If you paid good money for something that didn't work, I'm sure you would want good tech support to fix the issue or at least pay for a replacement/refund. Unless you yourself are a 10 year old snotty rich kid that can afford to not care.

xolhid you've been around here for awhile you know Fraser isn't ignoring you on purpose.He probably just got busy and lost track of time.And yeah I get it,you've been having problems with the router.But I would trust the duma boys,they don't lie or false advertise and they definitely don't have spotty support.

And I said all threats do is make you look like a 10 year old kid who's not getting his way.

And yes you guessed it I am a ten year old snotty rich kid who can afford not to care,so you got me on that one.

Everyone who's having issues "is gonna make a video or give the duma a bad review" that shit gets old.That's why I said making threats make you look like a kid not getting his way.

Maybe you could say your gonna hold your breath till your issue gets resolved,now that's a threat an adult would make and people would take it serious.

xolhid you've been around here for awhile you know Fraser isn't ignoring you on purpose.He probably just got busy and lost track of time.And yeah I get it,you've been having problems with the router.But I would trust the duma boys,they don't lie or false advertise and they definitely don't have spotty support.

And I said all threats do is make you look like a 10 year old kid who's not getting his way.

And yes you guessed it I am a ten year old snotty rich kid who can afford not to care,so you got me on that one.

Everyone who's having issues "is gonna make a video or give the duma a bad review" that shit gets old.That's why I said making threats make you look like a kid not getting his way.

Maybe you could say your gonna hold your breath till your issue gets resolved,now that's a threat an adult would make and people would take it serious.

Just because you are a fanboy doesn't mean Netduma needs a lap dog to defend itself. If they truely care about their customer, then they would be more organized to handle these issues in the slotted time they say they would. I own a business. I make note of things and always check my notes before I finish the day.

Gee wiz guys ! lets take a step back here.Either one of you getting at each other isn't helping your issue. Have you tried rolling back? To be honest I have the patients of a nat and couldn't be bothered waiting for them to get back to me with a viable resolution. So I went about it myself. I would definitely try going back to .5 then factory reset , then download a new .6 and try installing. It worked for me and that fugger locked up on me every time I would make a change in the settings. It now works great. I played BO3 last night and think I died 8 times in the hour and 20 min I played. And I am old blind and suck at the game, so you may want to give it a try. I know it can be frustrating. I have been there buddy!  

Just because you are a fanboy doesn't mean Netduma needs a lap dog to defend itself. If they truely care about their customer, then they would be more organized to handle these issues in the slotted time they say they would. I own a business. I make note of things and always check my notes before I finish the day.

Yeah I'm a fanboy because I speak up when someone starts crying about how their gonna give the netduma a bad review or make a YT video.Like I said before it just gets old and anyone that says something on netduma's side is a fanboy.It's more like I get tired of listening to people like you make threats,learn some patience as your not the only person in the world with issues with the router.And for someone that owns a business,like yourself,you should know there are only so many hours in a day and at the end of the day your not gonna make everyone happy.

Yeah I'm a fanboy because I speak up when someone starts crying about how their gonna give the netduma a bad review or make a YT video.Like I said before it just gets old and anyone that says something on netduma's side is a fanboy.It's more like I get tired of listening to people like you make threats,learn some patience as your not the only person in the world with issues with the router.And for someone that owns a business,like yourself,you should know there are only so many hours in a day and at the end of the day your not gonna make everyone happy.

Here we go again. Does the little doggy need a treat? Maybe go outside? Maybe belly rubs?

I didn't expect him to solve it. I don't solve all the issues in my notes, but at least I address them and let my customers know . It's common courteousy to at least do what you say you would do as a part owner of a business. A simple reply as to what is going on.

Sit boo boo sit. Good boy.

To everyone else, The last time I did a reinstall factory reset, I was sure I bricked my R1 as I couldn't access it after trying. It took me 3 days of fiddling with it and it somehow came back. I do not want to risk it without Fraser or Iain looking at it first. Thanks for the help.

Here we go again. Does the little doggy need a treat? Maybe go outside? Maybe belly rubs?

I didn't expect him to solve it. I don't solve all the issues in my notes, but at least I address them and let my customers know . It's common courteousy to at least do what you say you would do as a part owner of a business. A simple reply as to what is going on.

Sit boo boo sit. Good boy.

Belly rubs...LOL that's for the offer but I don't roll like that but hey what you do on your own time in the privacy of your on home is your business,I'm not judgmental to each his own.

Seems like you do everything so perfect in your own business,maybe you could pass so of your expertise on to the rest of us,I'm guessing from our brief interaction that extreme arrogance is a big key to your success in business.

And why not try the factory reset,it not that difficult to get it back up and running.But I guess if you almost bricked it last time,don't exactly know what that means probably just had some settings incorrect.So maybe your correct in not wanting to try and fix it yourself,just wait for Fraser or Iain to look at it.

Belly rubs...LOL that's for the offer but I don't roll like that but hey what you do on your own time in the privacy of your on home is your business,I'm not judgmental to each his own.

Seems like you do everything so perfect in your own business,maybe you could pass so of your expertise on to the rest of us,I'm guessing from our brief interaction that extreme arrogance is a big key to your success in business.

And why not try the factory reset,it not that difficult to get it back up and running.But I guess if you almost bricked it last time,don't exactly know what that means probably just had some settings incorrect.So maybe your correct in not wanting to try and fix it yourself,just wait for Fraser or Iain to look at it.

For someone who claims to be "not judgmental", you sure seem to think you know me in our brief interaction. I'm perfect, extremely arrogant, and don't know what the word bricked means according to your assumptions. These don't sound like judgements at all......

Bad dog.... No.... Bad dog.

Just repeating what you posted back to you,don't take it the wrong way.

And you stated you almost bricked your router and I simply stated that I didn't know what that meant.Either it's bricked or it isn't

But you were asking me about treats and belly rubs and again I'm flattered but not willing to take that step yet,but I'll keep you in mind if things change.

And not sure why you keep referring to me as a dog as anyone knows if I was a dog I couldn't type as I'd lack opposable thumbs.

Just repeating what you posted back to you,don't take it the wrong way.

And you stated you almost bricked your router and I simply stated that I didn't know what that meant.Either it's bricked or it isn't

But you were asking me about treats and belly rubs and again I'm flattered but not willing to take that step yet,but I'll keep you in mind if things change.

And not sure why you keep referring to me as a dog as anyone knows if I was a dog I couldn't type as I'd lack opposable thumbs.

Apparently your ability to read is just as bad as your ability to admit you are judgmental. I never said I almost bricked my R1. I said I was sure I bricked it. It was an assumption. I was wrong with my assumption as I was able to get it working 3 days later. I never said I "almost" bricked it as you say I did. Making things up like you always do.

Netduma lap dogs are known for this. Fido needs to be kenneled. Peeing on the carpet again? Your owner needs to put you through obedience training.

Give it a rest. You are digging yourself a hole..... oh wait..... that is exactly what dogs are known for.

Apparently your ability to read is just as bad as your ability to admit you are judgmental. I never said I almost bricked my R1. I said I was sure I bricked it. It was an assumption. I was wrong with my assumption as I was able to get it working 3 days later. I never said I "almost" bricked it as you say I did. Making things up like you always do.

Netduma lap dogs are known for this. Fido needs to be kenneled. Peeing on the carpet again? Your owner needs to put you through obedience training.

Again with the lap dog thing,I guess anyone that defends the duma.it's staff or the company is a lap dog according to your logic.

And yeah I guess ya got me on the judgmental thing too,I have a low tolerance for whiny little bitches,which of course you understand as I am a lap dog.So that is perfectly natural for me.

Were getting no where and it's not solving your issue,so hopefully Fraser will be able to get you sorted out.

But it was fun jerking chains with you and if I ever change my mind about that belly rub you offered I'll PM you... ;)

• Administrators

Okay lets keep this civil please. 

Iain will look at this today. He had a meeting on Friday so was unable to look at the threads I passed on to him.

Apologies, I should have updated the thread with that info on Friday.

• Administrators

Hi,

Sorry I'm extremely busy at the moment, so I've skimmed the thread.

It seems like Crossy solved the problem in the first page. You have a modem with the faulty EEE bug unfortunately there is nothing we can do, we tried every thing to fix the bug on the modem (not our end) but nothing fixed it. Long story short they implement the energy efficient Ethernet protocol incorrectly. EEE is negotiated when you connect ethernet cables, if both parties offer it during negotiation then it is enabled. Since we offer it, the faulty implementation is turned on in the modem. We tried everything to solve this, but nothing worked unfortunately.

Okay lets keep this civil please. 

Iain will look at this today. He had a meeting on Friday so was unable to look at the threads I passed on to him.

Apologies, I should have updated the thread with that info on Friday.

All good now mate. Thank you.

Hi,

Sorry I'm extremely busy at the moment, so I've skimmed the thread.

It seems like Crossy solved the problem in the first page. You have a modem with the faulty EEE bug unfortunately there is nothing we can do, we tried every thing to fix the bug on the modem (not our end) but nothing fixed it. Long story short they implement the energy efficient Ethernet protocol incorrectly. EEE is negotiated when you connect ethernet cables, if both parties offer it during negotiation then it is enabled. Since we offer it, the faulty implementation is turned on in the modem. We tried everything to solve this, but nothing worked unfortunately.

Fraser said that you tested 1 modem from 1 ISP. However I called Cox (my ISP) about this. They said that they never implemented EEE in the firmware for ANY modems they use, including the CM500 & SB6183 which is the modems I used. So how can the EEE bug exist if it's not built into the firmware my ISP uses? Its effectively disabled according to Cox. You can call them and confirm it yourself. I even called the manufacturer of both modems and they both told me that the EEE ability is only on/off based on the ISP firmware version that is available. They make all of the firmware, but forward it to the ISP and the ISP chooses what to use based on their infrastructure. This is what both companies told me.

You guys are pointing the fingers at the modem. The modem manufacturer is pointing fingers at my ISP. My ISP is pointing fingers at Netduma.

As a consumer I have no idea what to do. I started by purchasing the SB6183 when I first got the R1. I had issues with that and a moderator on your forums told me to use the CM500. Now you guys are telling me it also has issues. I have already paid good money for 2 modems and I don't want to waste money on a third. Why haven't you guys made a list of compatible modems so you don't piss off your customers? I shouldn't have to waste my hard earned income because you guys neglect to provide us with good trustworthy information. Please see this from my shoes. What the heck am I supposed to do? Waste my money or just deal with a buggy setup? Come on man. That is no way to build an honest company. I already provided a list of modems my ISP uses. Which one am I supposed to use?

http://www.cox.com/residential/support/internet/article.cox?articleId=b2ec95d0-7ef9-11df-5590-000000000000

Fraser has told me twice already that patches will fix my issues. The last 2 patches didn't. I have been patient for months to get this thing working as advertised. I'm afraid you guys have intentionally procrastinated to prevent me from returning/replacing this R1.

Fraser said that you tested 1 modem from 1 ISP. However I called Cox (my ISP)about this. They said that they never implemented it it in the firmware for ANY modems they use, including the cm500 which is the modem I use. So how can the EEE bug exist if it's not built into the firmware my ISP uses?

You guys are pointing the fingers at the modem. The modem manufacturer is pointing fingers at my ISP. My ISP is pointing fingers at Netduma.

As a consumer I have no idea what to do. I started by purchasing the SB6183 when I first got the R1. I had issues with that and a moderator on your forums told me to use the CM500. Now you guys are telling me it also has issues. I have already paid good money for 2 modems and I don't want to waste money on a third. Why haven't you guys made a list of compatible modems so you don't piss off your customers? I shouldn't have to waste my hard earned income because you guys neglect to provide us with good trustworthy information. Please see this from my shoes. What the heck am I supposed to do? Waste my money or just deal with a buggy setup? Come on man. That is no way to build an honest company. I already provided a list of modems my ISP uses. Which one am I supposed to use?

Fraser has told me twice already that patches will fix my issues. The last 2 patches didn't. I have been patient for months to get this thing working as advertised. I'm afraid you guys have intentionally procrastinated to prevent me from returning/replacing this R1.

Are you able to login to your modem using 192.168.0.1? If so, are there any options in there mentioning the EEE? Are there any options to disable it?

I know you said your ISP said it's not enabled in their firmware, but it's at least worth checking if you haven't already. Unfortunately if it's no working, you may end up needing to purchase another modem. I have the Netgear CM400 and there seems to be no issue. I believe you can get it for $50 right now. I know that's no ideal but you may be able to sell your other two modems to try and recoup some of the costs.  :unsure:

Are you able to login to your modem using 192.168.0.1? If so, are there any options in there mentioning the EEE? Are there any options to disable it?

I know you said your ISP said it's not enabled in their firmware, but it's at least worth checking if you haven't already. Unfortunately if it's no working, you may end up needing to purchase another modem. I have the Netgear CM400 and there seems to be no issue. I believe you can get it for $50 right now. I know that's no ideal but you may be able to sell your other two modems to try and recoup some of the costs. :unsure:

I do appreciate your effort, but this was already discussed. It is not enabled in the modem firmware or an option in the modem settings menu.

The last time I was on this forum, I listened to another moderator who told me the cm500 worked with no issues. So don't take it personal if I don't trust anyone other than a developer on modem recommendations.

I just wish Iain or Fraser would be more considerate of their customers and post a sticky with approved, unapproved, buggy, untested modems. Or at least warn potential customers before they purchase an R1 to check for compatibility. That would be the responsible thing to do.

• Administrators

COX cable informed us today they have got a new firmware patch to fix that issue. You can contact them and ask them to upgrade your modem/router. 

I understand the coincidence that this has happened today but we've just found out. So I'd advise you'd ask them for the newest firmware/any patches. 

COX cable informed us today they have got a new firmware patch to fix that issue. You can contact them and ask them to upgrade your modem/router. 

I understand the coincidence that this has happened today but we've just found out. So I'd advise you'd ask them for the newest firmware/any patches. 

Look... I started out being nice months ago, but you guys have been a pain in my side far too long. I got home about 20 minutes ago. Booted up my computer, logged onto my modem. No new firmware..... ok ok. Maybe my ISP hasn't pushed it out to my modem yet right? I call up cox. I get a tier 1 tech. He doesn't know anything about firmware and pushes the call to a Tier 2 tech. I explain everything to him about what you just said. He looks up my modem and tells me there is only 1 firmware in the entire system for my modem. There isn't even a beta firmware available. I am on the one and only firmware available.

I have the Netgear CM500.

And again he also explained to me that EEE or Green Ethernet or IEEE or whatever the heck you want to call it, does not exist in the firmware for any of the Cox modem Firmware.

I am beyond frustrated with the level of service I am receiving. You guys may be growing and you may have a lot of happy customers, but I am not one of them. You guys have wasted my time for months and have fed me only lies. Heck Iain won't even read my post because he still seems to think that my modem has EEE which my ISP tells me does not. You guys have not given me a list of working or compatible modems. What the heck is going on?!?!?!

Archived