This is ridiculous

So my R1 has never worked right since I got it.  I havent gotten any help on here from anyone.  I have tried everything they have told me to do and nothing works.  I am supposed to PM people but no one ever gets back to me.  I have emailed them multiple times about returning my R1 to get my money back and now I am sure its passed the 30 days so I cant even send it back for a refund.  What a joke this was to spend my money on.  

"Haven't received any support"

Your last thread received 11 replies , some of which were from admins offering 1 on 1 support , even I was trying to give you support in your other thread before hand
Fraser gets a lot of PM's on here which is probably why he hasn't read your PM

Anyways , most problems can be resolved by being rational and listening

Follow advice from your previous threads and maybe your issue will be resolved :)

"Haven't received any support"

Your last thread received 11 replies , some of which were from admins offering 1 on 1 support , even I was trying to give you support in your other thread before hand

Fraser gets a lot of PM's on here which is probably why he hasn't read your PM

Anyways , most problems can be resolved by being rational and listening

Follow advice from your previous threads and maybe your issue will be resolved :)

Well said Asentrix! Dinger please remember the vast majority of us are NOT employed or are payed by Netduma and support others on this forum out of our own time! That being said we are happy to try and resolve your issues, just please be patient. If you have already made a request for support please attempt to follow up on the replies and if you still need help please feel free to DM me, Asentrix (hope thats ok XD ) or try Fraser again. We as a community love our Netduma R1s and I would like you to be able to benefit from yours too. 

I know I got a little heated in what I said but its just frustrating thats all.  I bought this thinking it would be worth buying and since Ive had it I have not had any luck.  If I just try to go from my modem to R1 to xbox it will not connect to black ops 3 servers.  If I run my modem to linksys router to R1 to xbox my I can not get an open nat type on anything.  I tried all the trouble shooting and shooting steps but still nothing.  Its just frustrating because if I only run my modem to my linksys I can connect to Black ops servers and have an open nat type.  I have opened all ports and everything.  Its almost saying it may just be worth dealing with the occasional lag I get while playing online.  My internet works just fine with either set up but I just done understand what I am doing wrong.  I do apologize for getting heated once again it just gets frustrating thats all

It might have something to do with your ISP... I would contact them because that's what first happened to me and they were the issue not the R1.... not sure how long you have had it but, let me tell you... it is a learning experience. you have to play with it yourself and find the best settings. If you don't try you will never know.  

"Every now and then a blind squirrel will find his nuts...."

Just keep learning and apply it homie.

What ISP Mfr and model # is the modem?

What FW version do you have loaded on the R1 currently?

Is the xbox wire connected to the R1?

Do you have reserved IP address for the xbox? I use .199

I have mine set up and get OPEN NAT all the time with my configuration. I have a stand alone modem connected to the R1 and the xbox wire connected to the R1.

IPv6 and wireless is disabled.

Congestion controls are at 100 Down and 99 UP since I'm the only one gaming at night and all others are in bed.

Host Filter is set for most of USA. Xbox filter set to XBL.

Cookies and uPnP enabled.

No port fowarding rules are used since I'm the only one gaming.

Modem is an Arris TG1672.

R1 is running 1.03.3 and says its up to date

Yes the xbox is connected to the R1

My xbox uses .177

Everything else you said on there is the same as what I run also.  

I have my desktop running into the R1 but that is the only other piece of equipment that goes to it

You might want to upgrade to .6 as it's been released. http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11018-major-netduma-upgrade-now-available-v-1036/

Also: If the ISP modem has a built in router, it's best to bridge the modem. Having 2 routers on the same line can cause connection problems: Link>http://www.practicallynetworked.com/networking/fixing_double_nat.htmand http://computer.howstuffworks.com/nat.htm If the modem can't be bridged then see if the modem has a DMZ option and input the IP address the router gets from the modem and put that into the modems DMZ. Disable any ISP modem WiFi and filters like firewalls and such. 

My xbox uses .177

I have my desktop running into the R1 but that is the only other piece of equipment that goes to it

1.03.3 is definitely not up to date... The newest version can be found here

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS

My xbox uses .177

1.03.3 is not the most current firmware, and could be why you're not connecting to BO3 servers..

You might want to upgrade to .6 as it's been released. http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11018-major-netduma-upgrade-now-available-v-1036/

Also: If the ISP modem has a built in router, it's best to bridge the modem. Having 2 routers on the same line can cause connection problems: Link>http://www.practicallynetworked.com/networking/fixing_double_nat.htmand http://computer.howstuffworks.com/nat.htm If the modem can't be bridged then see if the modem has a DMZ option and input the IP address the router gets from the modem and put that into the modems DMZ. Disable any ISP modem WiFi and filters like firewalls and such. 

I have the router disabled on that because according to TWC it is extra for the wifi.

Ok so I do not know what has happened but I have my modem going to the R1 and then to my xbox and I can connect to the black ops servers finally.  I have an open NAT and everything.  This happened one night a week or so ago and then the next day everything went back to the way it was before.  So we will see.  Appreciate the help.  I have the linksys by itself on the side just running the wifi in my house but it is not connected to my desktop, the R1, or my xbox

Ok so I do not know what has happened but I have my modem going to the R1 and then to my xbox and I can connect to the black ops servers finally. I have an open NAT and everything. This happened one night a week or so ago and then the next day everything went back to the way it was before. So we will see. Appreciate the help. I have the linksys by itself on the side just running the wifi in my house but it is not connected to my desktop, the R1, or my xbox

If people in the home are connected to the linksys wifi and are downloading/surfing Web opening pages etc it can and probably will cause you lag,the advised set up would be modem>isp router>R1 then everyone connected to R1 with wifi/wired devices,if the bandwidth is getting eaten up before it gets to the R1 it will cause lag spikes,as others said you should disable linksys wifi and let the R1 do the work

• Netduma Staff

Hi Dinger. As others have said, upgrading to the latest version should help. You can do that in this thread. Please note that you won't be able to upgrade directly - you need to post in that thread saying you are on an old version. If you do want to return it, then as long as you sent the emails before the return period was up then they'll probably still let you.

• Administrators

Glad to see that you're able to connect now. Apologies for not getting back to you via PM, I have a lot to go through so takes a bit of time. As others have said upgrading to the latest version will be best. At the time of this post I believe you've posted in there so will let you know there when it's safe to upgrade.

Archived