Router not working after upgrade from .5 to .6

Followed the upgrade instructions  - after a couple of minutes the router rebooted and the netduma homepage became inaccessible as did the internet. Pinged the router, no response, waited for awhile, power cycled the router & nothing...

How should I proceed from here?

Hi there - Are you hardwired to the unit or using the wifi?

Can you access the unit if hardwired?

When power cycling, did you do this just with the plug?  Or did you use the insert red button on the back?

Okay, cool.  In case we don't get this solved in the time I have here tonight, please make sure and have "Remote Access" ticked under Misc so the Netduma guys can take a look in their morning time (it.s almost 11:00 PM there as I write this).

Can you get to any external websites?  Can your console get on line and get to the store or your favorite YT channel or anything like that?  

Or is it completely bricked?

I'm wondering if you have a similar thing that happens at my house.  We have one of those Xfinity "connect with us in free hotspots" type things and sometimes a device will just switch over to the Xfinity home net and I can't access the Duma.

Quick check of the Wifi explains it.

Can you hardline into the Duma to eliminate it as a problem?

That's right, sorry willphule.  I have a few of these threads open and it's almost 11:00 PM in the UK, so I am doing a little thread hoping to answer questions.

Upgraded and no connection, even when hardwired.  Do you know what version of Software you were on when you upgraded?  1.03 or 1.05?

Do you have the basic lights and does the router show signs of life (whirring, humming, consuming power)?

No problem & thanks for trying to help.

I was on 1.3.05

The router lights up and shows a blinking wan light, & blinking lights for hardwired connections. no wifi light.

Okay, that all matches.  

Have you tried unplugging/power cycling it for a full five minutes of downtime to clear the cache yet?  Can you make sure your Ethernet cord is connected to the right port (I think it's port 2, but it's labeled)?

if it is getting power, then we need to know why the update didn't take.  Zennon and Crossy are two really good guys for this type of thing, but it's almost midnight where they live.

• Administrators

Followed the upgrade instructions  - after a couple of minutes the router rebooted and the netduma homepage became inaccessible as did the internet. Pinged the router, no response, waited for awhile, power cycled the router & nothing...

How should I proceed from here?

Can you follow this guide please and see if you can access the interface 

Uhm....no WIFI showing that is broadcasting at all after .06g update from today. What do I do? I need help!!!!

Can you follow this guide as well please and make a new thread for your issue as well

I'm at a loss on this one brother, but hopefully this bump will help.

Anyone have some ideas here?  This sounds like one for Iain, but I hate to bother him when he's specifically asked for time to go dark on research.

• Administrators

Just after the last message i tried reseting the hub via reset button with a pin and it now allows access via ethernet to 192.168.88.1 cheers

Fantastic to hear that! 

I know you're all very busy, but anything else I can do/try?

Can you try the same as Mredge please

Archived