Router not working after upgrade from .5 to .6

Sorry about this willphule, I'll see if I can't get you some more activity brother!  I wish I had something for you to try, but with what is written, I am at a loss.  

Lots of new threads each day on specifics, so I know Fraser has been spread thin.

• Administrators

Followed the upgrade instructions  - after a couple of minutes the router rebooted and the netduma homepage became inaccessible as did the internet. Pinged the router, no response, waited for awhile, power cycled the router & nothing...

How should I proceed from here?

Hey sorry, Iain has told me that it is impossible for it to be bricked going from .5 to .6 unless you were on a lower version than you thought. 

Either way please email [email protected] and explain the situation then we can advise you on returning/replacing the router. 

Thanks for the response.  I emailed earlier this morning and look forward to a reply.

As I posted on another thread however, Iain is mistaken - however unlikely it may be it is not impossible as it happened to me. I know my way around pc's & electronics quite well - having earned a living repairing, upgrading & building systems for quite some time and having several decades of general experience with them on my own. I was on 1.03.5m when I upgraded and I followed the upgrade instructions perfectly.

• Administrators

Thanks for the response.  I emailed earlier this morning and look forward to a reply.

As I posted on another thread however, Iain is mistaken - however unlikely it may be it is not impossible as it happened to me. I know my way around pc's & electronics quite well - having earned a living repairing, upgrading & building systems for quite some time and having several decades of general experience with them on my own. I was on 1.03.5m when I upgraded and I followed the upgrade instructions perfectly.

I understand that. I've been told it's impossible by the developer so I'm just passing that info back on to you. I'm sure we can get you resolved via emails. I'll close this thread for now, PM me if you don't have a response by email next week. 

Archived