Can only connect to one server XB1 Blops3

Every time i play black ops3 on my xbox one I can only ever connect to this server in Ireland:

post-6411-0-56701700-1454701846_thumb.png
which is one of the furthest away & i can never enjoy a game on it. If i move the geo filter out of range of that server i cant find a game for around 10 minutes, then when i do it is the laggiest game in the world, just completely unplayable.

If i turn strict mode off then it just connects straight back to the same server in Ireland.. this has been going for a while now & i have tried factory resting the R1 & have tried refreshing the cloud to get the latest cloud update but nothing seems to work.

Thanks for any help :)

post-6411-0-56701700-1454701846_thumb.png

Place your geo filter in the ocean and decrease your ping assist , place it at like 30-40

If that doesn't work , reduce the geo-filter size , place it over your desired host and enable strict mode :)

Thanks, ill give it a go & let you know how I get on!

Place your geo filter in the ocean and decrease your ping assist , place it at like 30-40

If that doesn't work , reduce the geo-filter size , place it over your desired host and enable strict mode :)

Unfortunatly this didnt work, all that happens is I get this on the UI:

post-6411-0-86249000-1454702844_thumb.png

& then the game just searches for lobbies over and over, It then starts a new lobby with me as the only player :(

Unfortunatly this didnt work, all that happens is I get this on the UI:

& then the game just searches for lobbies over and over, It then starts a new lobby with me as the only player :(

Only have strict mode on if your geo filter isn't in the ocean

Place geo-flter on a host you want to play on , then enable strict mode

Or alternatively , disable strict mode , place geo-filter over ocean and put ping assist to 30-40 :)

You want strict mode on, but you want the Ping Assist to pick up any servers, outside of your Geo Filtered radius, that have pings equal to or less than the number you indicated with the Ping Assist.

*You may need to disconnect the hardline from the console, let the game kick up off the server, then power cycle the unit to get the full effects of "placing the home in the ocean" trick. 

If you turn strict mode OFF, it will connect to anything, because while you may have your Geo Filter home in the middle of the ocean, the game won't care and will connect you locally.

Is there a specific server you WANT to play on, or are you just trying to avoid that one specifically?

I have the same problem, the only server im connecting is Ireland dedi. When I start the game on the geofilter map they are around 10 dedi servers in EU showing up. But when I  enable geofilter, strict mode on the only server Im connecting is Ireland server and Im covering entire Europe. Thats on the Xboxe. Any help im struggling for 2 months now and nothing is better. I would like to connect to Germany or France dedis becouse they are the closest to me

Same for me. On Xbox in EU the only server Im connecting is Ireland. But this could be becouse of cloud updates dont apply as they should. look at the paddlogs how many on the same spot, thats when I exclude Ireland from geofilter with strict mode on.

post-2729-0-80042400-1454784139_thumb.jp

Do you have auto cloud and bleeding edge ticked under settings/miscellaneous make sure you have them both enabled

I'm on xbox one too and the Ireland server is the only one i get too if I cover EU with strict mode on and PA set at 0,afraid that's how it works on xbox one but if I do enable ping assist to say 30 it will find games outside my filter (other servers)it used to put me on servers apparently in the USA but I was pinging 19ms to them so I know they were incorrect locations,I've not used PA lately because I'm happy playing on the Ireland server I get great games on it,Fraser recently did a cloud update so I might try PA tonight but back to what I said the only thing I can suggest is making sure auto cloud and bleeding edge is enabled

• Administrators

Strange that it pushes the Ireland one so much. I may need to do some testing and see if it needs to be whitelisted instead. The next upgrade will allow you to temporarily block it and then you shouldn't definitely get on a new server as long as it doesn't try to join another Ireland server that is in that cluster location.

Few points though:

• Are you on the latest upgrade 1.03.5?
  • Strict on, PA at 0, reflush the cloud by applying it again

Archived