Xbox One BO3 Gameplay significantly worse than PS4

Fuzer1

Hi,

I apologize if this has been covered before, I have both a PS4 and XB one connected to the R1 via LAN cable. However, my experience when plays BO3 on Xbox is not smooth like it is when gaming on PS4. Shots are registering but the game is consistently laggy/jittery and it's quite annoying. I should mention I have been playing on PS4 w the R1 for months and just plugged the XB one this week. Is there any settings I have to mess with when adding a new device to my network? Should I disable one system when using the other? Thanks in advance!

I know that both systems use port 3074, so you may need to clear out your port forwarding or Upnp rules and restart the system so that it can claim the ports it needs.  BO3 specifically uses 3074 and 3075 on XB1, although there are other general xbl ports that you generally should open as well.  You can sometimes achieve an open Nat type with just one open, but you really need both open for clean traffic flow

Hi,

I apologize if this has been covered before, I have both a PS4 and XB one connected to the R1 via LAN cable. However, my experience when plays BO3 on Xbox is not smooth like it is when gaming on PS4. Shots are registering but the game is consistently laggy/jittery and it's quite annoying. I should mention I have been playing on PS4 w the R1 for months and just plugged the XB one this week. Is there any settings I have to mess with when adding a new device to my network? Should I disable one system when using the other? Thanks in advance!

THIS! I've had XB1 since launch, purchased BO3 at launch, recently purchased a PS4 with BO3 and the difference in how the game runs is incredible! Haven't touched BO3 on XB1 in about 4 weeks. 

I also have both and not really sure there is a Remedy.  Granted last time I played X1 version was back in December and it's just ridiculous when it comes to game play and visual aspect of it.  Ever since the new X1 firmware update you may have to fully shutoff/reset the x1 to stop the weird stop/go lag it causes for the game.

Hi,

This happened in ghost to the ps4 - in my perspective its a marketing thing that the game is better optimized for the console it got a deal with.

From another perspective .. ps4 is hardware wise superior . ;)

I see the exact opposite.  My games are much better on the Xbox One.  I think that's partially due to half of Europe making it onto the American dedi's.  Many times I was one of the few if not the only American on an American server.   That went on for a few weeks so i traded that copy in.  The Xbox does play a little choppier with framerate but so far i don't see anyone from out of region on the Microsoft servers. 

I see the exact opposite.  My games are much better on the Xbox One.  I think that's partially due to half of Europe making it onto the American dedi's.  Many times I was one of the few if not the only American on an American server.   That went on for a few weeks so i traded that copy in.  The Xbox does play a little choppier with framerate but so far i don't see anyone from out of region on the Microsoft servers. 

Very interesting though I don't doubt you at all.  COD has always been polarizing.  Previous years when Xbox had "priority" it definitely played better.  Seriously surprised PSN version actually plays well for me lol.  Do you happen to be in the East Coast? (New York-Florida distance)  

Very interesting though I don't doubt you at all.  COD has always been polarizing.  Previous years when Xbox had "priority" it definitely played better.  Seriously surprised PSN version actually plays well for me lol.  Do you happen to be in the East Coast? (New York-Florida distance)  

Yes I'm on the East Coast.  I get the Virginia Azure server on Xbox.  And usually got the New Jersey server on the PS4.  To be honest, i don't think the game plays great on either system. lol. Just find that my experience is better on xbox.  That being said, i do live 110 miles from the Va server so that could be why.  Advanced Warfare, i did find to play much better on the PS4 when that game was out and both systems were still on Activision's servers.

Archived