Experiencing wifi problems

So I've had the netduma for a little over a year now and over the last 4 months or so I've been experiencing issues with my WiFi.

I've recently upgraded to windows 10 but the issues been happening before it as well. The family desktop that is connected via Ethernet has no issues it is my computer (gaming pc) which is connected via WiFi that has the problems.

I'm a csgo competitive player from Australia

There are no consoles and a number of wireless devices. The issues occur while no one is home so I can't exactly blame it on the other devices.

About 80% of the time these issues only happen to the WiFi while the home pc has no troubles.

- ping spikes every 5-10 seconds (30 - 400+)

- WiFi cuts out and comes back 

- complete WiFi drop out (for all devices while Ethernet connection remains unaffected) which requires router reboot

- I have been lurking on the forums for a while trying suggested settings and fixes

- I've tried a number of combinations with the congestion control and the issues still occur with and without touching it.

- my internet (Optus ADSL2+) ranges from 3-9mb download and sits pretty consistently at about 0.5 upload 

Thinking of getting a new WiFi adapter to see if the problem continues.

Thanks guys I have recently un-ticked WiFi workaround and it hasn't made a difference that I can notice. Happened tonight like usual, ran around the house checking the home pc and everyone elses devices, half weren't connected or just idle and no one really using the internet.

Thanks guys I have recently un-ticked WiFi workaround and it hasn't made a difference that I can notice. Happened tonight like usual, ran around the house checking the home pc and everyone elses devices, half weren't connected or just idle and no one really using the internet.

Enable cookies in Misc settings , untick workaround and restart the netduma.

Are you on version 1.03.5m?

Enable cookies in Misc settings , untick workaround and restart the netduma.

Are you on version 1.03.5m?

Have already done that and yes to the version

Apologies I'm not giving much to work off, my knowledge is limited and mostly comes from what I've seen in this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Rather than starting a new thread i though it best to tag onto this one.  I am having the exact same issue.  My Wifi locks everyone out and it seems to happen at random times.

During heavy useage (X1 wired and 3 Netflix streams running over wifi)

During light useage (1 iPhone using it by Wifi)

It can happen when no settings are being changed regarding the Geo Filter Etc,  I have the following done

Checked I am on the best Wifi Channel

Un ticked Wifi Workaround

Cookies Enabled

Is this a common problem as i have seen a few people posting about this?

The only way it can be fixed it to either pull the power or reset via a PC that is wired as that is not affected.

Thanks

• Administrators

Have already done that and yes to the version

Apologies I'm not giving much to work off, my knowledge is limited and mostly comes from what I've seen in this forum.

The latest version is 1.03.6 you can find it here http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11018-major-netduma-upgrade-now-available-v-1036/then see if the issue persists

i have also been battling this issue for sometime now. same setup as above. erratic speeds and unstable connections via wifi. wifi WA unticked, cookies enabled, scanned for least congestion. on version 1.03.5m.  router purchased on 12-7-14.  

The latest version is 1.03.6 you can find it here http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11018-major-netduma-upgrade-now-available-v-1036/then see if the issue persists

Just to add also this is still occuring on the new release of firmware.  Happend within 4 hours of upgrading.

Enable wifi workaround, some people need it enabled and see if it persists please

• Administrators

Thanks for the reply Fraser,  I will enable it with v.6 on the R1 but i had it enabled on the previous firmware and had the issue.  Just curious what is it supposed to do?

Okay let me know. Its to do with congested networks and some devices such as Apple devices that don't connect to wifi correctly I believe

• 3 months later...

So been on the latest version for a while now and still seem to be encountering the same issue. I had a chat to my isp and there were some issues fixed so my bandwidth has gotten better but still experiencing the same issue with my home pc being unaffected but my wifi struggling.

Wifi work around was previously ticked, I un-ticked it and no change was evident.

The hyper traffic function doesn't seem to make a difference

Been playing around with the profiles (switching between general-gaming and non gaming) not much difference to any at all

Main fix tends to be rebooting router

Pretty close to getting my own internet connection separate to my family :(

Edit: With an issue of logistics going to try an ethernet port switch/hub (think that's what they are called) to get a direct line to my router.

Is it still an issue for all the wifi devices or only some? Make sure the security mode on duma wifi matches the wifi settings on the affected device as well.

Haven't taken too much notice but when I'm spiking cause someone is watching youtube, my phone fb/twitter seem to load fine. The security settings also match from what I can tell.

You should be using congestion control so that spiking doesn't occur. Have you changed security modes to match?

Used multiple combinations of congestion control to stop spiking (since beginning), only thing that really works is removing share excess but then that dramatically effects everything else.

The security settings match.

• Administrators

That shouldn't be happening if you're using congestion control and all devices are connected to the R1. Can you check to see if that's the case? Some wifi devices may be automatically connecting to the hub.

That shouldn't be happening if you're using congestion control and all devices are connected to the R1. Can you check to see if that's the case? Some wifi devices may be automatically connecting to the hub.

All our devices have had to connect to the netduma because I put the password in them. My modem router doesn't have wifi capability and I haven't set up the ethernet hub yet.

All our devices have had to connect to the netduma because I put the password in them.

My modem router doesn't have wifi capability and I haven't set up the ethernet hub yet.

What is your ISP hub? It's seems odd that an ISP would supply a hub that doesn't have wifi.

Do you mean that your ISP hub isn't part of the network at all - as in, isn't connected?

Or do you mean that you haven't changed the settings on the ISP hub?

Archived