Placebo effect??

If you think it works for you go for it.  Everyone's setup is going to be different. 70/70 is the recommended starting point to decrease congestion from affecting your gameplay on you network.  I for instance use 80/80.  My bufferbloat is A+/A+ with this and this is what works for me. 

On another note it is all about consistency.  If you are not getting consistent results then it probably is placebo.  

My bufferbloat is A A+ , but my internet connection is so slowly.. 16/01.. and 12 ms to 8.8.8.8. !! I have only xbox and a laptop connected to netduma.. Is it possible that my gameplay are better??

Are you saying you only have the Xbox and the Laptop connected to the Duma, or you only have those connected in your house period?

If that is the only thing that you have on in the house at the time of the play, you are getting more placebo than actual science*  (*Outside of the mystery of Lag Comp which no one here knows for sure one way or the other what the hell they programmed for that little side headache).

The reason for the sliders is to PRESERVE bandwidth to help handle spikes in internet traffic brought on by other house mates, downloading of automatic updates, streaming and tons of other little gotchas that plague online gaming.

If you don't have any other users in the house, at 19% you have provisioned 81% of your internet to handle any spikes in traffic that may never be coming.  Thus you have protected against something that will probably never affect you.   ;)

So outside of the unknown for Lag Comp, unless you have the Duma in an isolated state with just this stuff connected, and the rest of your house is running like an MLG streaming house, you probably have some placebo going on.

I'm the only one gaming at night and all other users are in bed. I'm using 92% down and 100% up. A+A+ on BB and Quality ,however I get C and D on speed. I'll be testing 100 all around as well to see any effects. ISP speed is 100/3. 

I put my slidebar at 19 % dowload and upload and my gameplay are better than 70 %! Is possible or only a placebo effect??

If you think it works for you go for it.  Everyone's setup is going to be different. 70/70 is the recommended starting point to decrease congestion from affecting your gameplay on you network.  I for instance use 80/80.  My bufferbloat is A+/A+ with this and this is what works for me. 

On another note it is all about consistency.  If you are not getting consistent results then it probably is placebo.  

Are you saying you only have the Xbox and the Laptop connected to the Duma, or you only have those connected in your house period?

If that is the only thing that you have on in the house at the time of the play, you are getting more placebo than actual science*  (*Outside of the mystery of Lag Comp which no one here knows for sure one way or the other what the hell they programmed for that little side headache).

The reason for the sliders is to PRESERVE bandwidth to help handle spikes in internet traffic brought on by other house mates, downloading of automatic updates, streaming and tons of other little gotchas that plague online gaming.

If you don't have any other users in the house, at 19% you have provisioned 81% of your internet to handle any spikes in traffic that may never be coming.  Thus you have protected against something that will probably never affect you.   ;)

So outside of the unknown for Lag Comp, unless you have the Duma in an isolated state with just this stuff connected, and the rest of your house is running like an MLG streaming house, you probably have some placebo going on.

Truth... Everyone is different.. my ISP isnt terrible.. (Currently like 35 down/2 up) and I have my sliders set to 90/90... once I hit a lag spike, I just drop the sliders a little and the game goes back to being smooth.. All depends on what you have going on.

I was gaming last night on Blops 3 with my sliders set at 85 % down and 7% up. It was the best connection I've had yet! No one else was on my line, wife in bed sleeping. Decided to check line quality and Buffer bloat on DSL reports out of curiosity, I had D for buffer and F for line!! I usually game at A+ A+ and it's a shit show of inconsistency, lag, and where at least 5 people have an INCREDIBLE jump on me during a match. So....I don't know, I gamed for 3 hours last night with these settings and things didn't drop off and progressively get worse like usual.

If your the only one online and gaming and nobody else is using or needed internet access, try setting the sliders to 100%. If thats all your doing is gaming, then there's no need to limit the congestion controls if gaming is all your doing. I'm in the same boat, only one online gaming at night. I started with 92% down and 100% up. Got A+ for BB and Quality however C and D for speed. I'm going to test 100% for both this evening. 

I was gaming last night on Blops 3 with my sliders set at 85 % down and 7% up. It was the best connection I've had yet! No one else was on my line, wife in bed sleeping. Decided to check line quality and Buffer bloat on DSL reports out of curiosity, I had D for buffer and F for line!! I usually game at A+ A+ and it's a shit show of inconsistency, lag, and where at least 5 people have an INCREDIBLE jump on me during a match. So....I don't know, I gamed for 3 hours last night with these settings and things didn't drop off and progressively get worse like usual.

Unless you have super super super fast internet, you will not get A+ for speed. Before I downgraded my internet to 75/5, I had 175/10 and got a B for speed. As far as 100% congestion, I've done that and my gaming experience is terrible at best. To get A+ A+ for BB and line quality, I have to set my CC to 85% down and 59% up, and it's still not good. I'm starting to think the net code / lag comp measures how bad your line quality is and gives you an advantage as seems to be the case for 3 hours last night and again an hour today. It's really strange!!

Unless you have super super super fast internet, you will not get A+ for speed. Before I downgraded my internet to 75/5, I had 175/10 and got a B for speed. As far as 100% congestion, I've done that and my gaming experience is terrible at best. To get A+ A+ for BB and line quality, I have to set my CC to 85% down and 59% up, and it's still not good. I'm starting to think the net code / lag comp measures how bad your line quality is and gives you an advantage as seems to be the case for 3 hours last night and again an hour today. It's really strange!!

It has been my experience that I get better games when I am playing on a host with higher pings.  

The host I was playing on was 24 ping. I set my location to the middle of Lake Michigan (I'm in Minnesota), geo to 300 miles as to not be put on Kansas dedi(Terrible), and connected to someone/some server. Thing is, I couldn't rate or see a ping? I was told that there are no dedicated servers in that area for Xbox live? There wasn't ANYTHING down in that area, it was blank?

If your theory were true, and I have explored this with several people now, you can test it yourself by camping a remote dedicated server.  Same complete set up you are using for your local dedi, you just use the Duma to play another dedicated server instead.

Want to test it?  http://forum.netduma.com/topic/10633-bo3-help-how-to-play-other-dedicated-servers/

It has been my experience that I get better games when I am playing on a host with higher pings.  

For BO3, several of us believe a connection around 50-60ms seems to be better than lower speed connections "on a whole" of games played.  Not that you won't get graph busting games to one side or the other (higher or lower ping) but on average.

All I want to know is this:  Treyarch, who is the target player and WHAT gear do you think they should have to play this game as you designed it?

Get the answer to that, and we can reverse engineer how to get into that sweet spot every game.

I played 3 hours last evening , and the result is : placebo effect..

As are all messing about with speed's.

The sample would need to be the same players with the same non diminishing skill over time (reaction time for every kill)

The same ping to host, no jitter from any player over a large period of time , this is impossible.

Set and forget guys, it is an awesome game at its core. Sometimes other players will jitter and spoil the odd kill , sod it. :)

So...last night I followed Dillinger's directions on how to successfully move home locations and connect to PvP and farther away Dedicated's. My ping the first half of the night was around 110, a 3 BAR. One might think that is not good. Well I have to say, at least for me, it = GOD MODE. I've now uprooted my Home from Minnesota to California and I cannot foresee changing it for quite some time my friends.

Archived