The Division

charliebigchip

Will anyone from the Netduma team be playing the upcoming "The Division" Beta to see how the R1 works with it?? Hope it wont be the same as R6 -Siege as i have to disable host filtering in order to connect to the data center. 

Cheers 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not long to go now guys. Beta was working fine with all host filtering turned off (did not try it with it turned on to be fair). Looking forward to the feedback once the guys at Duma HQ have given it a crack ;-)

Can someone give me a run down of the play of the game?  Like is it completely open world like Skyrim, but you have to capture and hold different Burroughs of the city?  Or?

What is the game play like?

And no, I don't want to watch a video about it, especially one from any big YT.   :P

Can someone give me a run down of the play of the game?  Like is it completely open world like Skyrim, but you have to capture and hold different Burroughs of the city?  Or?

What is the game play like?

And no, I don't want to watch a video about it, especially one from any big YT.   :P

Skyrim would certainly not be the first game i would compare The Division to, its open world (not to the degree Skyrim is) but that is where the similarities end. Think Destiny's loot system, its very similar in regards to character/gear progression coupled with the third person mechanics of Ghost Recon. The PvP elements are unlike anything i have ever seen before, you have both NPC's and players in the "dark zone" and you can either work together to take out the NPC's or you can "go rogue" and take out the other players and steal their loot so its not your run of the mill TD or capture the flag kind of PvP. If you are a fan of loot based RPG shooters it's well worth checking out. I could go on for ages with the finer details but I won't bore you to death, that about sums it up in a paragraph. 

Thanks Charlie, I appreciate the run down!

I haven't actually played Destiny.  When it dropped, I was working with a bunch of guys who immediately jumped ship to obsess about it and all I heard was the constant complaints "around the water cooler", so I just decided to skip that train.  Then season/year 2 dropped and now I don't think I know anyone still playing it.

"loot based RPG"?  Like Borderlands? or Fallout?

Thanks Charlie, I appreciate the run down!

I haven't actually played Destiny.  When it dropped, I was working with a bunch of guys who immediately jumped ship to obsess about it and all I heard was the constant complaints "around the water cooler", so I just decided to skip that train.  Then season/year 2 dropped and now I don't think I know anyone still playing it.

"loot based RPG"?  Like Borderlands? or Fallout?

A bit like Borderlands. You level up with xp, and levels give you access to abilities and loot. So you can find weapons and gear that you can only use once you reach the level of the item.

You can also upgrade your base with resources you get from completing missions, and base upgrades let you modify your abilities.

I played Destiny for hundreds of hours until the DLCs dropped and my group of guardians got tired of the grind, and Division seems very similar.

Co-op is where Division is at, just like Destiny.

OT: Slightly annoyed that although the servers for The Division open on Monday afternoon, the digital pre-order will stay locked until midnight. #firstworldproblems #dayoffandnodivision

I had my hard copy five days before launch day. One of the many benefits of living in the middle east is that the games retailers over here don't let a pesky thing like an embargo agreement get in the way of an early sale. 

Archived