Ability to name dedicated hosts

Hey welcome to the forum. I don't think anyone has suggested it and we haven't thought about it as unsure why you would want to name a server you can't rate but will look into it!

Hi Fraser,

It is possible to name and rate dedicated servers.  I've done it for Titanfall's dedi's. That game is 100% all on XB's Azure servers.  Maybe because it's not one of your supported games? I know you think I'm crazy telling someone from Netduma it's possible, but I promise it is.  I'd attach a screenshot, but I did a factory reset this afternoon so all my rated servers are gone.  There is such a low player population on the game though it takes forever to get a game if you try to use the Geofilter.

• Administrators

Hi Fraser,

It is possible to name and rate dedicated servers.  I've done it for Titanfall's dedi's. That game is 100% all on XB's Azure servers.  Maybe because it's not one of your supported games? I know you think I'm crazy telling someone from Netduma it's possible, but I promise it is.  I'd attach a screenshot, but I did a factory reset this afternoon so all my rated servers are gone.  There is such a low player population on the game though it takes forever to get a game if you try to use the Geofilter.

Not crazy at all. It is possible if we haven't classed the servers as dedicated but I did add all the Azure servers a few weeks ago so they should appear as such if you're on bleeding edge cloud. Yes that makes sense, restricting an already low player base game could result in very long search times.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to name and rate dedicated servers too. for now it would be just out of curiosity and would help me to remember what worked and how. later when the temp banning comes out it would be nice have the rating viewable even if it did say "does not affect blacklisting". Autonaming like n3mes1s said would absolutely be cool, but prenaming by you would be nice too -> "dedicated moscow"

After that, friends and dedicated servers could also have different symbols like X and * and a possibility to hide any group.

Oh, and below the rating, a display of the avarage ping to host for the last few connections would rock

Archived