Expensive but potentially worth it?

What is your ISP service? DSL or Cable? 

What is your ISP Modem Mfr and Model #?

Do you get good speeds and ping times with out the R1 being connected to the modem? 

How do you have your R1 settings configured? 

I set my R1 up for best (A+) BufferBloat and Quality even though the Speed was degraded (D) on dslreports.com.

I turn VPN and wireless off on the R1. 

Set up reservations and set my congestion controls to 92% on Down and 100% on the UP. Since I'm the only one awake and gaming at night, I presume this is ok for my configuration. This may not be if others are awake and streaming or surfing the internet. 

I have a cable modem SB 6121 and 100/3 service. 

I played BO3 last night for about two hours. Had a good time. Will see where things are again this evening. 

At least your getting some luck...I'm not.

Baz.

Is there a difference between just clicking refresh and holding ctrl+f5, they seem to do the same thing.

I slightly agree with bagsta, I've seen more reliability using firefox. Even that has issues though. The main game I'm playing is halo 5 if that affects anything.

A reboot seems to have a temporary effect.

Does adblock interfere?

It would be kind of nice if the control panel was an app and not a browser page. I assume that would be more costly to develop but should be more stable. Then again there are ups and downs for both since using a broswer would work on all OS.

• Administrators

I hope so Fraser. At the minute the Duma is working with Halo, but it requires a lot of being booting and entering again until I eventually get EU ping.

You'll still have to do that (there is no way around it unfortunately as they constantly try to force US hosts but with the service in .6 you won't get a negative rep for getting booted)

It would be kind of nice if the control panel was an app and not a browser page. I assume that would be more costly to develop but should be more stable. Then again there are ups and downs for both since using a broswer would work on all OS.

No plans for a PC application but there will be an iOS app (it's currently in development)

Got my R1 yesterday and got it configured using shipping FW. 

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/10541-version-1035/?do=findComment&comment=83938

Played BO3 last nite. Very interesting gaming. I was going very well for what I was doing. had several ## and 0 games. Noticed some lag issues which I think and believe was coming from the opposing teams players as we saw fluctuation in there signal bars during game place which my team mates also noticed. I noticed that while I hosted my teammates, game play was good for everyone. I noticed going head to head with an opposing team member that I mostly came out on top. Using a different router, I wouldn't be as lucky. 

I noticed my going "head to head" with an opposing team member was much better as well when gaming on Xbox Live (playing BO3) with our "host" having the Netduma R1 "Ruuter" (Router).

I'm really happy this all ended well.

Janco, if you wouldn't mind updating your first post.  If you would like I can also update the title of the post.  I feel that some people will just see the title and first sentence and not see that it is now working well for you.  I'd hate to have people judge the product incorrectly.

If you need assistance with your browser let me know, i'm more than happy to get with you off the forum and fix those things up.

Would be nice to know what you did to your R1 to resolve your issues. 

Bimmer I didn't find a solution to my initial problem. What I did do was find an alternative route. Xbox live + Netduma wifi simply would NOT work. The netduma wifi does work for everything else, but 2 seconds on live and boom no connection.

Instead I invested in some powerline adaptors and the rest is history, so now I'm technically wired through the electrical system. And why not just use a 10metre ethernet? The wife.

Bimmer I didn't find a solution to my initial problem. What I did do was find an alternative route. Xbox live + Netduma wifi simply would NOT work. The netduma wifi does work for everything else, but 2 seconds on live and boom no connection.

Instead I invested in some powerline adaptors and the rest is history, so now I'm technically wired through the electrical system. And why not just use a 10metre ethernet? The wife.

Were you wireless before the powerlines? If so, then I might surmise that Wifi may have been the issue. Possible you may have had a LAN cable issue as well. SInce I got my R1 it's been good on XBL. However I don't game on any wireless whatsoever. All wired here. ALL Cat 6/6A here. 

Ya PLs should help and work better however keep in mind that PLs still can cause some problems if they are not working well and experience electrical interferences as well. I recommend wired LAN cable with out any in the middle devices for gaming, direct game console to R1 is preferred. 

Archived