Best throttling settings for AW?

ltr7

70% with reactive but higher values work as well but do slightly increase ping's where as on 70% they go up by 1ms now that's flaming remarkable I love CC :)

Ok heres my sync speeds to router http://puu.sh/g5a6t/092b400b22.png

and heres my CC http://puu.sh/g5a8V/5b7b41d3e5.jpg

would you say thats about rigt for best gaming experience.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Ok heres my sync speeds to router http://puu.sh/g5a6t/092b400b22.png

and heres my CC http://puu.sh/g5a8V/5b7b41d3e5.jpg

would you say thats about rigt for best gaming experience.

Yes we normally recommend about 70% when gaming but some people will have different settings. When you're not gaming you can turn it back to 100% as well :)

So how does turning it down drop ping? I run 60m down 5m up and I have just had it set to 100%, so I should crank them down a bit?

What you set it to depends on how much internet traffic you have at your house. If you are the only one using the internet, you can just leave it at 100% since there's only your "traffic" and no one else competing for your bandwidth. Unless you flood your own connection by running torrents, or uploading videos while you're gaming you aren't going to clog up the line of data packets going to and from your house.

If there's other people in the house downloading stuff, then that's where the settings come into play, and it really depends on how many and what they are using the internet for. By setting your bandwidth to less than 100%, you create headroom so that you never saturate your line, there's always some percentage of your bandwidth still remaining so that packets get through and don't have to wait in line. Then with the device prioritization, your data packets are given the fast track, they don't stand in line basically.

Think of it like the freeway. On the on ramp, cars are queued by the timed lights during heavy traffic hours so they don't saturate the freeway all at once, that's like the congestion control. Then with the device prioritization, it's like your gaming packets are in an ambulance, everyone pulls to the side to let your packets through.

• 6 months later...

What you set it to depends on how much internet traffic you have at your house. If you are the only one using the internet, you can just leave it at 100% since there's only your "traffic" and no one else competing for your bandwidth. Unless you flood your own connection by running torrents, or uploading videos while you're gaming you aren't going to clog up the line of data packets going to and from your house.

If there's other people in the house downloading stuff, then that's where the settings come into play, and it really depends on how many and what they are using the internet for. By setting your bandwidth to less than 100%, you create headroom so that you never saturate your line, there's always some percentage of your bandwidth still remaining so that packets get through and don't have to wait in line. Then with the device prioritization, your data packets are given the fast track, they don't stand in line basically.

Think of it like the freeway. On the on ramp, cars are queued by the timed lights during heavy traffic hours so they don't saturate the freeway all at once, that's like the congestion control. Then with the device prioritization, it's like your gaming packets are in an ambulance, everyone pulls to the side to let your packets through.

Thanks so much that if finally clear to me.  Since I am the only one I can leave it at 100%; my iPhone and iPad are on but I don't do anything with them when I am playing so I don't see and drain from them.

Bawgs.

I think it depends a lot on your internet package also.  I have 120 down but leave my congestion on 100% while i'm playing and streaming; the wife is also on your computer face timing with friends, etc...  and it makes no difference at all to me.   For lower speeds i think it would make much more of an impact.

Archived