lag in bo3

Alright, today is ridiculous.  I have it set on strict mode with zero ping allowed, seems that is working fine.  but in the lobbies i am skipping all over the place, with ping ranging from 15 to 25 to 60 80 then 140 to 200+, what the crap is going on here?  

EDIT: how do i optimize my upload and download speed, and what is preemtive vs reactive in "congestion control"?

EDIT 2: i am a total noob with this, should i put 100% on xbox priority station?  i have a pc, tv, xbox and nameless device

XBOX 1 dallas texas

Not a netduma problem , that's a gayarch problem

They buy extremely cheap servers which can barely stand on it's own two legs.

The lag is extremely bad cross platform , once school starts again it wont be as bad.

My suggestion is to simply block any servers you're experiencing lag on , mark them as 0% rating and continue searching for different servers.

Or , try putting your marker in the ocean , 111km radius or smaller , and put ping assist on 25-30ms

The lag is extremely bad cross platform , once school starts again it wont be as bad.

My suggestion is to simply block any servers you're experiencing lag on , mark them as 0% rating and continue searching for different servers.

Or , try putting your marker in the ocean , 111km radius or smaller , and put ping assist on 25-30ms

ok, can you help me with optimizing my upload download %?  i have top of the line internet, i read some ppl use 90 and 20 but others like 40 and 20, so i don't know, i just need to optimize my settings i think.

ok, can you help me with optimizing my upload download %?  i have top of the line internet, i read some ppl use 90 and 20 but others like 40 and 20, so i don't know, i just need to optimize my settings i think.

How many people use your connection / how many devices?

Also what's your current up/down?

How many people use your connection / how many devices?

Also what's your current up/down?

just me.  3 devices.

using speedtest it says ping 18ms download speed 35 upload speed .75.

in congestion control i have it set on 100% and 100%

in device priority i havn't changed it, was on i think 25 on each one. set on preemtive

What school? Are people off from school? Or you mean college? Sorry to be off topic my kids are in school this threw me.

Alright, today is ridiculous. I have it set on strict mode with zero ping allowed, seems that is working fine. but in the lobbies i am skipping all over the place, with ping ranging from 15 to 25 to 60 80 then 140 to 200+, what the crap is going on here?

EDIT: how do i optimize my upload and download speed, and what is preemtive vs reactive in "congestion control"?

EDIT 2: i am a total noob with this, should i put 100% on xbox priority station? i have a pc, tv, xbox and nameless device

Check this out, the only thing better than this (IMO) is my more detailed settings but you'd need to be more informed first and it starts here: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/10385-bo3-help-entry-level-bufferbloat-–-“zennon’s-first-rule-of-gaming”/

What school? Are people off from school? Or you mean college? Sorry to be off topic my kids are in school this threw me.

Whereas Americans have summer vacations in June or whatever, in Australia it begins in December and kids are on school holidays for about 7 weeks, schooling system works differently here, plus our summertime is your winter time (hot AF here today).

Check this out, the only thing better than this (IMO) is my more detailed settings but you'd need to be more informed first and it starts here: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/10385-bo3-help-entry-level-bufferbloat-–-“zennon’s-first-rule-of-gaming”/

Whereas Americans have summer vacations in June or whatever, in Australia it begins in December and kids are on school holidays for about 7 weeks, schooling system works differently here, plus our summertime is your winter time (hot AF here today).

Thank You! Its cold as hell here, Id rather hot than cold!

This is what I was referring to , Christmas holidays in Australia :P

just me.  3 devices.

in device priority i havn't changed it, was on i think 25 on each one. set on preemtive

Start by moving your sliders to 70/70 both ways for congestion control.

And on the device prioritization click reset distribution and don't touch it as there is a bug in it that is being fixed in the next update.

And try both preemptive and reactive to see which gives you better results.

I would also go to dslreports.com/speedtest and check your buffer bloat as it could be an issue.

If you have any more questions just ask.

just me.  3 devices.

Blackops uses your upload more than download , you're only getting 0.75 mbps upload which is probably why you lag around.

If you're able to change ISP or find a better connection plan , go ahead and do so

If you're unable to for some reason , try getting a 4G USB , they have incredible speeds , but the data plans / packages are expensive.

I had the best BO3 experience since the beta last night... Its been practically unplayable for me up till now and my connection has always been optimised to the best I can get it with a ping of about 20, and line tested on DSL reports to get a A+ bufferbloat etc... AW was great with the R1 but BO3 has been horrid until last night.

Things that have changed (nothing to my R1 settings) -  Xbox one update and the router cloud update. Now the game played amazingly!! I never went negative in over 20 matches in multiple lobbies and game types which is a miracle. Anyone else notice a massive difference? I really hope it wasn't a one off.

I have heard people are having issues since the last update, let us know if this continues please

Yeah add me to that list.  Haven't had any real lag issues since launch a few WTF moments but overall pretty good.  Yesterday I was just getting demolished by crap players the kill cam was a joke compared to what I was seeing on my end.

Blah

I have heard people are having issues since the last update, let us know if this continues please

I don't know if it's since the last update but right now, my connect is better without Netduma connected than it is with it connected haha. (I'm not having a go at the product, but rather stating my issue). Since installing the router, I am getting lag spikes maybe every 5 seconds.

• Administrators

I don't know if it's since the last update but right now, my connect is better without Netduma connected than it is with it connected haha. (I'm not having a go at the product, but rather stating my issue). Since installing the router, I am getting lag spikes maybe every 5 seconds.

Definitely ensure CC is on and move your home around to try and find better hosts :)

I feel it's something wrong with my connection though that's causing the lag spikes because none of my friends are getting the lag spikes like I do when I play with them and they all live near me.

Run ping plotter on your laptop hardwired not wireless, and see if it's an ISP issue such as jitter on your line.

• Administrators

I feel it's something wrong with my connection though that's causing the lag spikes because none of my friends are getting the lag spikes like I do when I play with them and they all live near me.

What are you congestion control settings on? Just because they live near you doesn't mean they have the same ISP, line, etc there are lots of variables involved

Archived