Bridging With Nighthawk

cranium2001

Guest Netduma Fraser

some of my wireless devices work on the 5ghz band.

Also the netgear nighthawk cost me $300US.

Thats fair enough, Id recommend putting the netgear in AP mode like BLCUSF said :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

also done.

I love the nighthawk.

Hopefully I will love the netduma more!!!!!

We hope so too! Any issues or questions just post on the forum :) Fingers crossed it gets to you soon :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thats fair enough, Id recommend putting the netgear in AP mode like BLCUSF said :)

Hi,

I put netgear router in AP mode. Everything is working fine so far.

Now if I try to access the netgear router it does not connect.

I type 192.168.1.1 like I did before I put netgear in AP mode.

How do I disable AP mode in netgear router.

Just want to know how for future reference.

thanks in advance for your help.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Sorry I can't help this is a nighthawk specfic thing, I guess just search for disabling modem mode on the manual or google

I can't access the UI. I type in 192.168.1.1 and it says cannot display page.

Make sure you're hooked up to it. Try from your phone or tablet. I have access to both from my phone through wifi. User:admin Password:password

Guest Netduma_Iain

If I understand correctly you've put it in bridge/modem/access-point mode. Which means it becomes a transparent device you can't actually see it. It behaves like a repeater. If so you'll need to look up the manual or contact them on how to bring it back to router mode. 

• 8 months later...

I have a netgear R8500 I switched back to because of my 300meg Internet was being capped due to the netduma speed caps.  Now that the new update is out i want to use the netduma behind my Modem for wired connections only and then my R8500 behind the NetDuma for all wireless connections. My main reason for doing this is i think Netdumas congestion control is far superior to even this 400.00 routers qos control but the R8500 wireless is superior to Netdumas.  It is my understanding that the routers have to be configured in this setup Modem> NetDuma > R8500 in order to use Netdumas congestion control.  Can you confirm that this is correct and if so will all the devices connected to the R8500  still be able to be controlled by NetDumas Congestion control? 

Im switching back from console to pc gaming.  I have a pc gaming desktop that connects wired to netduma same as my consoles. Everything else wireless is connected to the R8500? I also have a gaming laptop that will be connected to the R8500 for couch and bed gaming.  Will i still get the benefit of Netduma by connected wireless thourgh the R8500 same as the devices hard wired to the Netduma?  Also will all the devices running throgh he R8500 be controllable with congestion control?

The only thing i have really used on the Netduma is congestion control and the geo filter for console.  Im assuming geo filter is a console only feature so what options do i need to be using for pc that will help similar to how geo filter helps with console?

• Administrators

Agreed with Cranium would be a lot easier if you started your own thread. Quickly to answer:

1. That's the correct setup. Put Netgear in AP mode if possible.
  2. Yes congestion control will still work this way
  3. Yes CC will work with wireless but would always recommend wired gaming as wireless is more unreliable
  4. I believe they will be if you put it in AP mode, if not I believe the Netgear will show as 1 device. Someone with a similar setup could confirm or deny this
  5. It depends on what game you play on PC. There are some PC game services selectable on the Geo-filter, otherwise choose Xbox Live as the service and see if it works

Archived