lower speeds

Njren78

Hey guys I'm new to the netduma life and am excited to use this great product. I'm just having trouble with getting the most out of it. My speed test on the providers router shows 175 download and 20 upload. But I only get 20 down and 5 up on the r1. I played with the settings as suggested in the lower speeds thread to no avail. It's on turbo mode. The isp is set to bridge mode and ipv6 is disabled in both lan and wan. Also the congestion is set to resesive. No luck. Can someone please help out because I love what the r1 can do and am itching to use it. Thanks.

• Administrators

Welcome to the forum! If you follow the following you shouldn't have lower speeds and if you do try a different ethernet cable. 

100% anti-flood

Reactive

Share excess on

Device prio reset and applied
IPv6 off in WAN, LAN & misc 

Deep packet off in misc

Turbo on in misc

Wired speedtest

Is there any action required if the " we have detected you are connected to another router" notice comes up? I'm on Comcast and the modem and router are the same. I would like to use that router for the wifi. It has a 5 gz band I can use for that and hopefully it'll be less traffic for the r1. The speeds are better now but what does it mean if the nat type says moderate? Thank for your help thus far

• Administrators

Is there any action required if the " we have detected you are connected to another router" notice comes up? I'm on Comcast and the modem and router are the same. I would like to use that router for the wifi. It has a 5 gz band I can use for that and hopefully it'll be less traffic for the r1. The speeds are better now but what does it mean if the nat type says moderate? Thank for your help thus far

No it's just letting you know you are connected behind a router, as well as providing an easy option to get to the interface. If you put the Comcast in modem mode that notice would go away. For the NAT you need to put the WAN IP from device manager in the Comcast DMZ (usually found in firewall settings) otherwise put it into modem mode and you don't need to do that.

You can use the wifi on the Comcast but that means you won't be able to make use of the R1's congestion control feature as everything needs to be connected through the R1. Some people put another router behind the R1 and put it in AP mode for the wifi. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey have been gaming with the Net Duma for a while and recently started getting a notice saying something went wrong when trying to ping. How do I fix this issue and do I need to fix this issue. Will admit that lag has been killing me since receiving this notice

• Administrators

Hey have been gaming with the Net Duma for a while and recently started getting a notice saying something went wrong when trying to ping. How do I fix this issue and do I need to fix this issue. Will admit that lag has been killing me since receiving this notice

Please make a new thread in future regarding your issue. You can fix that by following this http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=why_can_t_i_ping

I'll now close this thread as it's old.

Archived