Are your speed sorted? Because in the picture in your first post you were using the pre-emptive algorithm?

I'm not sure, I have tried changing, rechanging, various mixes and still it decides on it's on without change to either do full speed or craptastic.  I'm about ready to throw this in the trash. I wanted a tool to help lock in my dedicated server and believe me when it works, it works.  But this whole deal of randomly limiting speeds is nuts and it is with or without my network connected.  I can understand the learning curve with the geofilter and allow deny etc but all these different settings to remove or possibly not for someone else... it's seemingly not very stable. I think the hardware is fried.  One minute things will be ticked next they won't. And even that is random. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Host Filtering DISABLED

Anti Flood SLiders 100%

Reactive TICKED

Share Excess TICKED

Reset/Update Distribution RITUALIZED

bandwidth 105/10

WiFi OFF

Port Forwarding NO SETTINGS

UPnP ON

LAN

Host address 192.168.1.1

Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0

DHCP ENABLED

From 192.168.1.105

To      192.168.1.155

Lease Time 12 Hrs

IPV6 OFF

Auto MTU  ENABLED

MISC SETTINGS

Enabled UPnP  TICKED

Enable Cookies TICKED

Turbo Mode     TICKED

Super Turbo Mode   TICKED

Have tried without change

enable multicast

enable deep packet

turning off turbo and super turbo

stealth off or on

Please give me some real answers before I trash this thing.

And of course, using GOOGLE CHROME

And no it's not my ISP  I can Show you 100 tests in a row where my bandwidth is stable AM/PM bufferbloat is great to excellent 

No matter what, I've used the guides, asked questions when in doubt and it all comes back to the hardware or ui.  If I get those settings right, it will give me 111Mbps Down, but for how long?  No it's not the ISP. It's this router.  I can swap it out with my original netgear and for 24hrs monitor the connection and not one problem.  Monitor the netduma for 24hrs, nothing but questions.  It's unreliable and not user friendly.  I realize this is off-putting and I apologize for that.  I am a very knowledgable guy. I am the guy who EVERYONE calls when they need someone to think outside of the box in my industry.  I work for a Fortune 50 telecom company so i am not an average user.  I'm not trying to start a pissing match either.  Just want the hardware to work and be consistent.

I'm sorry if this has been asked but do you have a Motorola/Arris modem?

Why yes I do.  I have a SB6183 and have had zero issues until installing this modem. I've read the multitude of post about SB6183 EEE issues but I have had none of those issues whatsoever. Mostly what I have read is ping spike issues with this R1 but when mine is working I have had zero ping spikes. My problem seems to be the same as the other guys posting intermittent speed drops after 1.03.5

Why yes I do.  I have a SB6183 and have had zero issues until installing this modem. I've read the multitude of post about SB6183 EEE issues but I have had none of those issues whatsoever. Mostly what I have read is ping spike issues with this R1 but when mine is working I have had zero ping spikes. My problem seems to be the same as the other guys posting intermittent speed drops after 1.03.5

I'd advise 2 options but 1 of those options is frowned upon.

1. Downgrade to 1.03.4 - This is frowned upon because it could cause bricking of the R1.

2. Wait for 1.03.6 to release, likely a few more weeks (guess).

Until then, does powering off both the ISP modem and Netduma R1 correct the issue for a few days, if so sadly I'd advise to put up with that just a little more until .6. :|

• Netduma Staff

• Congestion control sliders are set to 100%.
  • Device prioritisation is reset then not changed.
  • Deep Packet Processing is disabled.
  • IPv6 is disabled in Settings >> WAN, Settings >> LAN and Settings >> Miscellaneous.
  • Turbo mode is enabled in Settings >> Miscellaneous.
  • You have entered the correct speeds in the congestion control page.
  • You are using the reactive algorithm.
  • Share excess in device prioritisation is ticked (you need to press 'update distribution' after ticking for it to save.
  • You aren't using the SB6183. If you have done the above and are still having issues, that is almost certainly causing the problem. And there have been people in the past having speed issues caused by it.

• Congestion control sliders are set to 100%.
  • Device prioritisation is reset then not changed.
  • Deep Packet Processing is disabled.
  • IPv6 is disabled in Settings >> WAN, Settings >> LAN and Settings >> Miscellaneous.
  • Turbo mode is enabled in Settings >> Miscellaneous.
  • You have entered the correct speeds in the congestion control page.
  • You are using the reactive algorithm.
  • Share excess in device prioritisation is ticked (you need to press 'update distribution' after ticking for it to save.
  • You aren't using the SB6183. If you have done the above and are still having issues, that is almost certainly causing the problem. And there have been people in the past having speed issues caused by it.

Not sure how many times or ways I can say this,,, it's not a settings issue.  I have had the settings correct int he first place or the speeds wouldn't have been there. Unless  

a) settings are changing on their own B) the hardware is failing c) their is an issue in FW 

Note**   I have tried my old sb6121, and even purchased a netgear CM400 and it was a bitch to sit on hold waiting on them to provision each one.  Each modem witht he netgear installed was the same outcome.  

It was running somewhat stable earlier this evening( Only lost 20% of my normal speeds) and then I simply DISBALED  the host filtering, which yes the button now says ENABLE and all of the sudden the internet for the entire household was running like dial up.  And here are the speedtests results WIRED off course to the netduma.

4986104830.png

getting worse with reboot of netduma..............

4986128687.png

I'd advise 2 options but 1 of those options is frowned upon.

1. Downgrade to 1.03.4 - This is frowned upon because it could cause bricking of the R1.

2. Wait for 1.03.6 to release, likely a few more weeks (guess).

Until then, does powering off both the ISP modem and Netduma R1 correct the issue for a few days, if so sadly I'd advise to put up with that just a little more until .6. :|

Finally some real insight.  

1. I'm not going to take a chance on bricking this thing, it's seems to be partially bricked as is... and credit card won't let me dispute a charge if the device has been tampered with by me.

2. That's probably a good choice but boy does that suck.  I've had to mess with this thing more than I've been able to play games. 

This is my service with just my netgear and sb6130.  With netduma I have to set sliders to 32% dowload and 40% upload in order to get an A rating on bloat,  then my connection is a C and speed D. That seems counterproductive no?

Netgear with only my  sabnzbd server patched in for testing.

2536531.png

Netgear with all wifi enabled, (8) devices connected ( no telling what little programs are leaking bandwidth)

2536851.png

Netgear with all (23) devices connected as well as one of my daughters playing BO3

2536900.png

If I test it during "peak" hours it may vary, but very seldom.  Yet with the Netduma I can barely get full speed if ever and usually it's 10-20% reduced in overall throughput and that proves that the settings are correct and YEA, I'm even using chrome.  But after a day or less soemtimes the thing drops to 50Mbps then 30Mbps then 2Mbps and a reboot does nothing.  A full factory reset is the only cure and that is temporary. I ahve server activites that I monitor remotely, security cams, thermostats, among other things I need things to work not maybe work for awhile but try this.  I have no issue with tinkering to play on hosts of my choosing and reducing bandwidth for a "cleaner" connection for a device prioritization but am I TS your slider bugs or FW bugs or connection or ARRIS modem or browser... There are alot of variables, yes. But the only variable here causing these stated and factual problems is the Netduma.  I WISH I was one of the many who could claim zero issues cause I've seen first hand what it's capable of but I need consistency.  

Please fix it with F/W or exchange it.

What if you do Modem >> Netgear >> Netduma? And I know you've said it isn't a 'settings issue', but it happens often where people don't bother checking and it turns out it is.

Tried that, same issue there too.  believe me I understand people overlook the most mundane details but I can assure you I have not.  I have the settings at their optimal level or I wouldn;t see the full speed ever, right?  The problem is that I CAN get it working,so the settings ARE working and then it fails over time without settings being changed.  When the router starts going buggy and losing speeds, as low as 2Mbps from 112Mbps only THEN do the settings start changing on their own.  Also, even with those settings and the initial setup speeds that are comparable to my netgear only, the bufferbloat is horrendous. I can run full speed bufferbloat with my netgear and get AAB and A+AB yet with the netduma even with the sliders set to 30% I'm lucky to get ACD on the test.  These tests were run several times throughout the day and night and ran several times each time. Maybe I should try chrome lol.  

• Administrators

Tried that, same issue there too.  believe me I understand people overlook the most mundane details but I can assure you I have not.  I have the settings at their optimal level or I wouldn;t see the full speed ever, right?  The problem is that I CAN get it working,so the settings ARE working and then it fails over time without settings being changed.  When the router starts going buggy and losing speeds, as low as 2Mbps from 112Mbps only THEN do the settings start changing on their own.  Also, even with those settings and the initial setup speeds that are comparable to my netgear only, the bufferbloat is horrendous. I can run full speed bufferbloat with my netgear and get AAB and A+AB yet with the netduma even with the sliders set to 30% I'm lucky to get ACD on the test.  These tests were run several times throughout the day and night and ran several times each time. Maybe I should try chrome lol.  

Replied to your PM. If there is an issue would great if we could confirm it so a potential fix could be released :)

I replied to your pm and have yet to hear anything else.  I am now experiencing this very issue within an hour maybe hour and a half of the last factory reset.  I followed the guides for optimal as well as max speed again, to a tee, gained a less than max but close speed 90D/10U. It was the shortest time to date for the failure. It either cannot complete due to timeout on speed server or is running 3.09D/.97U.  This either needs a resolution or a refund/exchange.  I've requested RMA form the email provided several days ago without reply.  Playing PM tag is getting old as well as getting told to not share information and cross post by the admins/forum nazis.  Little status comments from admins and name calling from your admins is childish and counterproductive.  At one point I was referred to, passive-aggressively I might add, as Ted Bundy because I was refusing to believe the SB6183 was causing all of my issues even though I have provisioned netgear CM400 as well as SB6121 and had the very same issue.  At some point the people that ARE trying to grow this company need to reevaulate the use of these types of people.  People that go into forums belittling and antagonizing CUSTOMERS and then making it the CUSTOMERS fault. I see these guys are on this forum as non employees so I ask myself why?  No life?  Cause I come form the land of opportunity and shit either works or gets trashed, no excuses. The ONLY reason I'm on this forum is because if you paid for it, it better goddamn well work and a firmware update should NOT make it worse. 

I guess in all reality, it's my fault.  I should've known better than to buy this thing.

14 day return policy, that pretty much says it all.

We have a saying here in America... 30 days or 30 feet=workmanship/product is shit.

[LAN access from remote] from 185.130.5.224:51677 to 192.168.1.88:53413, Tuesday, Jan 12,2016 20:00:15
[LAN access from remote] from 208.73.206.244:5835 to 192.168.1.88:5060, Tuesday, Jan 12,2016 20:00:15
[LAN access from remote] from 183.71.213.115:55714 to 192.168.1.88:23, Tuesday, Jan 12,2016 19:57:10

Geolocation data from IP2Location (Product: DB4 updated on 1/2/2016)
IP Address Country Region City ISP 183.71.213.115 China cn.gif Chongqing Chongqing Chinanet Chongqing Province Network

Geolocation data from EurekAPI (Product: Pro On-demand API)
IP Address Country Region City ISP 183.71.213.115 China cn.gif Chongqing Chongqing China Telecom Chongqing   Continent Latitude Longitude Organization   Asia 29.5628 106.5528 China Telecom Chongqing

Geolocation data from DB-IP (Product: Full updated on 1/3/2015)
IP Address Country Region City ISP 183.71.213.115 CN cn.gif Chongqing Chongqing Chinanet-cq   Time Zone Latitude Longitude Organization   Asia/shanghai 29.563 106.552  

Geolocation data from ipinfo.io (On-demand API)
IP Address Country Region City Postal Code 183.71.213.115 CN cn.gif Chongqing Shi Chongqing   ISP Hostname Organization AS4134 No.31,Jin-rong Street No Hostname CHINANET Chongqing Province Network

Geolocation data from MaxMind (Product: GeoLiteCity updated on 1/6/2015)
IP Address Country Region City Postal Code Area Code 183.71.213.115 China cn.gif 33 Chongqing    

Registry Information for 183.71.213.115

Geolocation data from MaxMind (Product: GeoLiteCity updated on 1/6/2015)
IP Address Country Region City Postal Code Area Code 183.71.213.115 China cn.gif 33 Chongqing    

Registry Information for 183.71.213.115

Archived