Bops3 Dedicated Server Ban

Morning All,

It was mentioned that the Netduma team was working on the ability to temp ban bops3 dedicated servers, could i have an update on progress please.

could i also ask if/when Star Wars Battlefront will be compatible with the Geo Filter?

Kind Regards

Ricky

Morning All,

It was mentioned that the Netduma team was working on the ability to temp ban bops3 dedicated servers, could i have an update on progress please.

could i also ask if/when Star Wars Battlefront will be compatible with the Geo Filter?

Kind Regards

Ricky

They said somewhere that they don't like to give dates because it will be done when it's done.

It will be included in the next firmware update , looking forward to it myself :)

.6 is still incomplete, the server temp ban feature is only one of a few features which include Hyper-traffic, PPoE CC support along with fixes from .5 with Turbo mode some users have had issues with.

​Iain is a one man band when it comes to firmware, when he's ready he'll make it available for beta testers who risk bricking their R1 and then when it passes their tests everybody will have access to the firmware.

​Whilst the Netduma team dislikes giving dates as it may set up people for disappointment if for any reason the firmware has some small hiccups and it requires a delay, I'd be hopeful we have it sometime late this month.

​Keep in mind, I'm just a consumer and fan of the product like many others, what I say is not concrete and is just an estimate (based on hope).

I did not know the firmware was down to one man, so in that respect could understand if it takes a little time to update etc. I personally would rather know a rough idea of when we should see changes and updates as it keeps us all in the picture. Any delay would be expected but at least we have something to go by.

This south dedicated server is really damaging my games, i'm literally going - every game. If i set the GF to zero and out of range i cannot find a single host, I've just sat in a lobby for 20 minutes waiting for the GF to pick up a host but nothing so i've now turned off my ps4. I have followed advice given from all angles but i cannot get round the dedi???

I've watched so many youtube videos and good feedback regards the netduma and thats the reason i purchased but up to yet its not living up to expectation, in all honesty i'm sick of coming on this forum sharing my issues and feeling like a moaning old goat lol. I would much rather give good advice and at least try be a credit to the community!

Regards

Rick

I'm not sure if you tried this but put your home in the sea, make your ping assist 10ms more than whatever a speed test indicates your ping as.

So if Speedtest reads your ping as 25ms, make the Ping Assist as 35ms.

Make the radius of the GF as small as it allows but keep it in the sea (all of it).

I'm not sure if you tried this but put your home in the sea, make your ping assist 10ms more than whatever a speed test indicates your ping as.

So if Speedtest reads your ping as 25ms, make the Ping Assist as 35ms.

Make the radius of the GF as small as it allows but keep it in the sea (all of it).

I have not tried this so thanks for the advice. I will defo try this later and update ;)

• Netduma Staff

There really aren't any ETAs due to the fact that last time, when the update was late people got upset. I'm sure you wouldn't, but sometimes a few people spoil things for everyone else, and do avoid what happened last time, they've just decided that until they're completely sure, no ETAs :)

There really aren't any ETAs due to the fact that last time, when the update was late people got upset. I'm sure you wouldn't, but sometimes a few people spoil things for everyone else, and do avoid what happened last time, they've just decided that until they're completely sure, no ETAs :)

Fully understand Crossy, personally i feel its more customer friendly to keep others in the picture and genuine customers should not suffer due to what happened last time, Its expected that people do not appreciate delays etc. Thats customer base for you, its up to the Seller/Marketer/Merchandiser to be professional about the negative and look after the positive people because that has an awesome knock on effect as a whole ;)

Its expected in business, as the saying goes "you cannot please every one"

• Netduma Staff

Fully understand Crossy, personally i feel its more customer friendly to keep others in the picture and genuine customers should not suffer due to what happened last time, Its expected that people do not appreciate delays etc. Thats customer base for you, its up to the Seller/Marketer/Merchandiser to be professional about the negative and look after the positive people because that has an awesome knock on effect as a whole ;)

Its expected in business, as the saying goes "you cannot please every one"

Iain does post updates in his development diary thread. E.g. what features he's working on, what he's done etc. And maybe closer to the time when they have more of an idea of how long it will take, then they may give an ETA. But from the point of view of what's been developed, updates for that are either on twitter (@Netduma_Iain) or in the development diary thread :)

Agreed,Iain does a great job of keeping everyone informed as to how the updates are progressing.He just doesn't give an ETA as Crossy said a few people kinda messed that up for the rest of us.

A7Legit

Right mate tried that and still cannot seem to get away from the dedi. I've tried all different locations (in the sea) and all kinds of PA but still keep connecting to the dedi

2ecku50.jpg

so3k11.jpg

Have you tried putting your filter over another dedicated server with pa set to 0 so you will only connect to the French or Netherlands servers.

For me the south coast is great for my connection but I know a few who only wil play on the German or French dedi,s

Also are you using the latest software .5 m

Have you tried putting your filter over another dedicated server with pa set to 0 so you will only connect to the French or Netherlands servers.

For me the south coast is great for my connection but I know a few who only wil play on the German or French dedi,s

Also are you using the latest software .5 m

i'm using .5 yes. i will test your idea. thank you

Depending on how you've got your network setup being able to deny/firewall off before your netduma(you can totally break everything if you don't know what you're doing) would possibly be one way before the dedi blocking is available.

I was previously denying all but my region bo3 dedis on the xbox one. Then as a test blocked all p2p only allowed dedis which didn't get many games depending on what slots were available on the dedi's at the time.

my old notepad++ tab is still open from last year saying

BO3 Dedis connected to on startup/press a screen at server check, port 40000 udp

Allow ip/range and then deny all other 40000 udp

you just have to work out which servers are bad/good/out of region

i'm using .5 yes. i will test your idea. thank you

Place the filter over the host you WANT to join and make sure you tick 'Strict', it will block the dedi (In most cases).

If it still doesn't work , make sure both bleeding edge cloud / cloud options are checked , then restart the router form misc settings.

Place the filter over the host you WANT to join and make sure you tick 'Strict', it will block the dedi (In most cases).

If it still doesn't work , make sure both bleeding edge cloud / cloud options are checked , then restart the router form misc settings.

Already done this, still connects to dedi lol

• Administrators

Move your location away from the dedicated server so for example in Europe. 

Strict mode on.

PA at 0. 

Wait for the Geo-filter to clear (nothing is showing just a blank world map) and then search, you should not get anything outside your radius and will block the dedicated server in question.

Agreed,Iain does a great job of keeping everyone informed as to how the updates are progressing.He just doesn't give an ETA as Crossy said a few people kinda messed that up for the rest of us.

I can't reiterate this enough.  NetDuma is a very small, but very dedicated, operation that is growing at a rapid rate.  I would be highly surprised if Luke's initial "market analysis" included the kind of impact and reach they have been able to achieve in just about 13-14 months time.

Stalk the NetDuma and Iain's Twitter.  They give updates several times a day and there is almost always a day end, week end update from Iain about what he got done, what is next and what his nightly plans are.  You will be well informed and it will be delivered right to your device. :)

Already done this, still connects to dedi lol

You have to get everything set up and THEN turn your console on and load up the game.  I've been camping far off locations with my Geo Filter on STRICT and I can play all day there once I get into that first game.  Now I live in the states, and you live in the UK, but I suspect all the code is pretty much the same. 

Here's my specific method in case it helps you.  (*Note - This method is in several other threads and is not "new" to the more hardcore followers of this forum.  A new canary test IS underway with some new settings we hope will help, but it is not ready for publishing yet).

WARNING:  This is for playing on a specific dedicated server.  This is not very effective for playing "Any other server but X".

1) - Open laptop and Congestion Control, open Speedtest.net in another tab

2) - Set sliders to optimum setting to reduce Bufferbloat, you are looking for an "A+" rating with NO red or yellow on the meter during testing.

3) - Once Bufferbloat is set:  Geo Filter over the dedicated server you WANT to play, 'STRICT' mode ticket, Ping assist set to ZERO.  

4) Turn on Console

5) Load into multiplayer (download patches and exchange console to server "handshake").

6) Find Match - You should populate on the server you are camping within the first 60-90 seconds.  If you do not, keep everything the same and restart the console only.

This has worked in excess of 90+% of the time for me, even when gaming in a party with Bags or Fuzzy, so I know it works for multiple players.

Good luck,

JD

Archived