geofilter location issue

toadie09

How come it is not detection my correct location?

What?  It's not an GPS driven, incoming drone....LOL  :D

I assume as this is your first post, that you may have just recently gotten the unit and plugged it in for the first time?  If so, a lot of the routers default to a continent, you have to use the little house looking Icon to move the center of your Geo Filter over the state, country or province that you can home.

Does that help?

Question about locations. so some people i have talked to tell me they live in one area, but on the geo filter it shows them in an area about 6 states away from where they live. Is that due to them having a VPN on their connection? Also apparently when i join private matches i am located in the middle of Kansas somewhere. I live in Minnesota and that is where my home location is. My VPN straight says it doesn't work so i haven't messed with it at all.

• Netduma Staff

Question about locations. so some people i have talked to tell me they live in one area, but on the geo filter it shows them in an area about 6 states away from where they live. Is that due to them having a VPN on their connection? Also apparently when i join private matches i am located in the middle of Kansas somewhere. I live in Minnesota and that is where my home location is. My VPN straight says it doesn't work so i haven't messed with it at all.

You are (and the others you've talked to) are probably just mis-located on the cloud :) You can post here to get them moved.

I have a question it maybe a stupid one, but i just want to be sure. On the geo-filter how can I tell which is the server i'm connected too? Every circle that pops up is red. I wish it was color coded differently. Thanks

• Netduma Staff

I have a question it maybe a stupid one, but i just want to be sure. On the geo-filter how can I tell which is the server i'm connected too? Every circle that pops up is red. I wish it was color coded differently. Thanks

The host is the largest circle - if it is a dedicated server it has no update button when you click on it :)

Just to add what Crossy said if all circles are large then that means you are the host. Also you prefer another color but this will change the color of all the circles.  Just change the slot where the device is located under host filtering.  There are a total of 4 different colors. 

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=geo-filter_symbols

Just to add what Crossy said if all circles are large then that means you are the host. Also you prefer another color but this will change the color of all the circles.  Just change the slot where the device is located under host filtering.  There are a total of 4 different colors. 

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=geo-filter_symbols

Thanks that helped a lot! :)

Archived