Please Help. So I want to get the netduma but will I need a modem or what will I need to setup the netduma? By the way I don't know that much about routers so I'm just making sure I don't make a mistake. Does it also work good for playing xbox one?

If you could help me it would be much appreciated ​

Well I think a little more information is required to enable people to answer your questions.

Where do you live, who is your ISP and what speeds are you getting. Are you Fibre optic adsl etc.

What games do you play most of all?

The internet I'm getting right now from suddenlink is supposed to be fast but I don't know the speed and it's actually terrible. We pay a lot for our internet and it's a waste and I mainly play sports games like madden and nba 2k. BTW I live in texas. So you're saying I need to get like suddenlink or Verizon or something along those lines for the netduma to work?

It says my ping is 8 ms. My download speed is 40.68 Mbps. My upload speed is 5.44 Mbps   

Is that good or bad?

That is considerably better than what i have (25 down 2.5 up) and i have no issues (apart from on R6 Siege, that's another topic) with online gaming and the Duma has been brilliant for me. 

That is more than enough for gaming online. You only need about 1 down 0.5 up for online gaming. If you are fairly technically minded or have patience to take advice and help from others then the R1 would help you manage your network and put you into low ping lobbies in a variety of games.

My advice would be to search on the internet and have a look at some reviews of the R1 as most people use it to help in FPS games and as I do not play any of the games you mentioned I cannot advise about the R1 and those particular games.

Thanks a lot guys! I will most likely be getting the netduma and i have looked at reviews and it seems like it's really good.

Aeup,  One of the greatest things about the R1 is the ability to control all the usage on your home network. You don't need to play COD or Destiny to see the difference. So say you have a other things at your house using your internet, like someone streaming netflix or youtube videos.  Every time someone loads a new video or even loads a webpage is an opportunity to introduce lag into your game.  With the R1 you can prioritize your console or computer and limit the amount of bandwidth other people get to have access to. They also have the congestion control sliders which make it so your router doesn't get bombarded and backed up with packets which is another opportunity to introduce lag into your game. There are some new updates which are in development by the Netduma team which are going to blow the minds off of gamers.  I have 28 devices connected to my R1 and it has been a very reliable router.  The wireless signal is strong too.  It takes a while to really learn how to use it, especially if you aren't used to messing with your home routers.  There are lots of cool people and moderators/tech support on the forum that will try the best they can to get you sorted.  The router won't make your aim or reaction time better, it won't eliminate all the wtf moments in a game, and it can't do anything about the other people who are connected to the same host as you that have cruddy internet connections.  It does give you the power to block bad servers, or PVP hosts, and limit the range of your game search to people who are close by.  The closer the people are to you, the more likely you will be playing with people who have stronger connections in relation to yours.  If all the people in your lobby have good connections the chances are you'll have a lot less lag in your games.

Archived