Rainbow Six Siege PS4

Corbula

On closer inspection I've found 3 servers in the same location that keep expanding and contracting over one and other so it's possible only one of them is needed to connect to the servers and I was getting the wrong one.

the 3 I found are:

91d8e0ab75305d62

91d8935e75305d62

91d8945f75305d62

dnB4C7q.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On closer inspection I've found 3 servers in the same location that keep expanding and contracting over one and other so it's possible only one of them is needed to connect to the servers and I was getting the wrong one.

the 3 I found are:

91d8e0ab75305d62

91d8935e75305d62

91d8945f75305d62

dnB4C7q.png

I am only finding two of them. Could this be because of the time of day im trying this?

• Administrators

Thanks for the help guys, just letting you know Fraser is unwell at the moment. He will resume when he gets back. Please continue to post information here so he see's the thread when he returns :)

I fully support this idea and would love to see RB6 implemented into the R1 if need be. This game is actually quite good and not just another bust imo. ESL has actually picked it up after just a couple months after release for a 100k pro league. Definitely something to look into!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes 91d8e0ab75305d62 need to be always allowed (Xb1) in East US as this is the login / account server.

The geo filter will work hands down for terrorist Hunt as this is player hosted.

I am unsure of it effectiveness in multiplayer as this game uses dedicated servers for hosting but hit detection and lag comp is awful at the best of times.

The in game player 'chat' channel is player hosted. So with the geo filter, when searching for team mates, I believe it's blocking successfully at this point.

When the game matches players and other team, it dumps to a dedicated server and several player dots and the local dedicated shown up on geo map....

So either its filtering my team via chat channel blocking and then bumping into another team from anywhere via the dedicated lobby? Or not having any affect?

Really hard to tell as matchmaking errors and lobby separation happens in R6 anyway.

Just searched for a game.

With geo distance on minimum (111km with home set in ocean)

Ping assist on 10ms and match made a game. (Brisbane AU 1:00pm Monday arvo)

With a single dedicated server showing in Sydney only.

So as far as I can tell.... Can't filter out these high ping players. As dedicated? There's now way I found 10 players within 10ms of my house in Oz on an day arvo......

• Administrators

Thanks Xmas, very helpful info!

Well thank you for trying since the company ain't seem to care none.

It's not about not caring. It is simply a case of being extremely busy and not always having the time to do it. I understand your frustration, I really do. I'm frustrated myself. I have a few essential tasks this week that need to be done. Then I will dedicate as much time as needed to get it done. It will be my priority. 

• 1 month later...

These are games that we are currently testing to see whether they can be supported.

• The Division
  • Star Wars: Battlefront
  • Overwatch
  • Doom
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

Archived