Rainbow Six Siege PS4

Corbula

Hey, not sure if this is in the right section or not.

When playing Rainbow Six Siege on PS4, you have to have the geofilter turned off when starting the game to be able to connect to the online services. Also when the geofilter is enabled, about 50% of the time matchmaking fails with an error and get kicked back to the main menu. I had to disable the filter last night, afterwards I never had an issue with matchmaking.

How well it helps with lag, I don't know as I generally really bad at the game lol.

I think it's down to the matching making server being in America, which I assume is the one shown in the image as it's the only constant.

Any tips on how to set up the Netduma for this?

Thanks

post-5172-0-02622400-1449324388_thumb.png

Just to add, I played it again last night but left the geo filter disabled the whole time and although I didn't get the matchmaking error nearly as much, I did still get it twice.

I'm not 100% sure but I think the game might be run on dedi all the time. You can press options and it gives a data centre name which for me has always been WEU (or it might be slightly different, basically Western Europe).

• 2 weeks later...

R6 uses dedicated servers all the time, for me at least in PvP. In terrorist hunt it uses p2p a lot of the time, or maybe all the time.

I'm on x1, but I can say that I've had very few issues with lag. I'm not running my geofilter for this game at all. I have had some connection issues, but that's the game and not the Netduma.

I haven't even touched blops3 since the tech test/open beta of this game. I'm actually kind of mad I even bought blops3

I always seem to be on the Ireland server but I can't use the Geo Filter with this game as I just get too many matchmaking errors. The killcams are that bad, it's really difficult to say how much lag there is. On the scoreboard though after a game, under connection my usually says around 60-80 I think.

I was having real trouble tonight. Been playing it for five days now with no issues (GeoFilter off) but tonight if i was lucky enough to connect to the servers (got about three games in two hours in) it would hang at the end of the match then just kick me out losing any renoun points i got. Tried Destiny and BO3, no worries there, both working fine?? Weird.

• Administrators

Happy to help out if a volunteer is needed to get this supported on PS4. UK based and free for the next few days. Loving this game but a poor connection really does ruin it.

Any update on how u got on with rainbow over Christmas?

Also happy to help out with support on XBOX One

Didn't manage to get as much gaming time in as I had hoped. Will try to test it at the office but you're both welcome to PM me and we can do a 1 on 1 to try and get it supported

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any news on setting fixes or anything for this game?
It is one of the primary games that I play, and would like to be able to have my Geo Filter turned on when playing it for better server options.
Keep us posted please.

Also, I am on Xbox, and have the same issue I am seeing others have on PlayStation as well.
Geo Filter off, no issues, Geo Filter on, can't connect.

Working fine for me with no special inputs.

In case you haven't, when you boot the game and get to the part 'connecting to Ubisoft server' look at geo map, you will see a host pop up in the states, (east coast on mine) make this bad boy your friend 100% and update. After you done that you should be able to connect with filter on no bother and filter till your hearts content!

Works great, I've mine set that I only play people in the UK. Never lets me down, no more questionable deaths

• Administrators

Any news on setting fixes or anything for this game?

It is one of the primary games that I play, and would like to be able to have my Geo Filter turned on when playing it for better server options.

Keep us posted please.

Also, I am on Xbox, and have the same issue I am seeing others have on PlayStation as well.

Geo Filter off, no issues, Geo Filter on, can't connect.

I'm going to try and assign a day a week to things like supporting different games so if I manage to do that this week I'll get on R6 

Working fine for me with no special inputs.

In case you haven't, when you boot the game and get to the part 'connecting to Ubisoft server' look at geo map, you will see a host pop up in the states, (east coast on mine) make this bad boy your friend 100% and update. After you done that you should be able to connect with filter on no bother and filter till your hearts content!

Works great, I've mine set that I only play people in the UK. Never lets me down, no more questionable deaths

That's good to hear! :) Sounds like it's just one server that needs to be whitelisted, if you could provide that ID that would be really helpful

• Administrators

The server on the East Coast that flashes when it connects to the servers is ID 91d8e0ab75305d62 but when I tried white listing it it still gets blocked for some reason?

Great thanks, that's definitely a Ubisoft server. 

Are you rating it so that it appears in the green section?

Yeah I put it to 100% and it has a dashed circle rather than a solid one, but then when I start the game and it tries to connect I still get the blocked icon. I'll try again and if it does the same I'll try and try and capture a video

Nope I had strict mode off, ping on min/max, geo filter range up to max and it still wouldn't let me connect to the servers unless I disabled it all together either so I just gave up, that was a couple of weeks ago now so I'll give it another shot

Archived