My BO3 experience so far...

Got the game last night around 10pm PST.

Uploaded that 2+GB patch.

Most if not all the games last night I was getting hammered by lag. I was put on a dedi server very close to me here in SoCal. Out of all the games I played last night (about 15 or so) I went negative in most of them. The shoot first, die first syndrome. That was with a moderate/strict NAT too last night.

This morning did some reading here on the forum. Reset both my routers before turning on my PS4. Got an open NAT. Perfect!

Still on that SoCal dedi and still getting my @$$ kicked! So I start to experiment and move my home with the GEO filter set to a very small circle and PA set to 0.00ms and strict mode on. Put it near Kansas and got one lobby where I owned everyone on the opposing team. Went 19-4 in TDM. Got all my streaks. Thought I had found the sweet spot. I'm assumed I was the host as there were plenty of blinking circles and no ping host ever showed up. Finished that game and sure enough got put back on to a dedi server located in eastern Texas and got melted once again. Played a few games there with the same results.

Tired of that, I move once again! I swear I'm like a homeless person now. Now I'm up by North Dakota trying to find a game. Just got put on that SoCal dedi again and once again I back out.

This sucks because I'm spending more time trying to get out of dedi servers that LAG than actually playing the damn game!

I'm really confused as to how I can be put on these servers when my PA is set to 0.00ms, a tiny GEO filter circle, and strict mode on.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am having the same problem as you. Which is why I'm looking around to see if other people are having this issue. It seems like the biggest problem for most people with the game right now is the dedi servers and them causing lag. I would shoot first and still lose the gunfight no matter how accurate i was.

I have to say my biggest complaint is the hitmarkers.  I mean you have to put a whole clip in someone before they die.  I think I may go try some hardcore.

i been mainly getting put on this P2P server in Oklahoma/Kansas area.  I did one time get placed on a dedi in Washington(state) and it was very laggy so I backed out.  It was giving me motion sickness. 

When I played I found the games very variable, good game followed by several bad ones, although still in the same lobby.

I found that the Netduma was showing around 15ms of ping, while the game was showing anything from 17 -60ms spikes

I lost count how many times I was killed immediately on spawning and got a few kills with people spawning in front of me.

I am going to try the Campaign on realistic setting............ ;)

Another problem that I am having at the moment is that Strict mode isnt even working... lol i just dont get what the hell is going on here. Do you guys think that Von might remove the dedis and put it back to the way it used to be during the beta? (without dedis and relying more on the host, which is what Cod is supposed to be)  ;)

Exactly! lol I remember what black ops 2 was like in the beginning.. God dont even remind me lol. But as of right now, since we have the best gaming router out there, is there anything we can do, as a team to try and fix this kind of issue? or are we gonna have to sit back and wait for Treyarch to come up with a solution to this problem? "Thats" the question.

Double check you're not experiencing our anti cheat http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=gf_anti_cheat

Each and every time I have backed out of a dedi, I've waited for everything to disappear. That's why I said I'm spending more time trying to avoid the dedi's than playing the game. So I'm doing what I'm supposed to.

Would you happen to have an answer as to why I'm getting these lobbies when I have those setting? Small GEO circle, PA set to 0.00ms and strict mode enabled.

If you are playing on the West Coast and getting forced to Seattle or a server "near" you, try this:  

Place your home over Kansas, Ping Assist at "0" with a small statewide Geo and force connection to that box.  

Of the games I have played, about 7 levels worth on the XB1 today, Kansas is playing probably twice as well for me while Seattle is in my backyard.

PS4 in Seattle had a much better ping for me (>17ms) but the game play is sweaty as hell and didn't yield "that" much better of an experience.

YMMV

Each and every time I have backed out of a dedi, I've waited for everything to disappear. That's why I said I'm spending more time trying to avoid the dedi's than playing the game. So I'm doing what I'm supposed to.

Would you happen to have an answer as to why I'm getting these lobbies when I have those setting? Small GEO circle, PA set to 0.00ms and strict mode enabled.

The match making seems to have evolved as I am seeing this as well.  I can generally "force" a connection, (for me, I am forcing Kansas and it's playing better for me) but if I get matched outside of that it is usually a game I am joining  in progress, so I suspect matchmaking might be involved.

You can back out to the home app on your system, F5 your Duma Geo Page, then go live with the game and you should connect to the dedi in that area (Kansas in my example).

I have noticed that if I am on Kansas, if I don't keep chaining lobby to lobby, I get booted all the way out to the "LOCAL" game options and have to hit "PLAY ONLINE" again.  Don't know if that is an IP thing, or a matchmaking thing.....  :unsure:

That seems like very good advice, but im from the east coast. New Jersey to be exact lol. So whats your recommendation for people on the east coast? If any ideas, where should I place my home location?

That seems like very good advice, but im from the east coast. New Jersey to be exact lol. So whats your recommendation for people on the east coast? If any ideas, where should I place my home location?

I just started playing with locations to see what worked.

If it were me, I would place your home in the center of the US and open up the Geo for the entirety of North America.  Try to join a game, but watch where the available hosts are located.  Just the basic state, so you can home camp them with the Geo filter in the future.

Then make a list of three or four of them and start to play 5-10 games on each one until you find a caliber of game that seems acceptable.  

This is still a new game to hit this level of saturation, so trying it on a couple of other dedi's might yield a better combination when the lag comp is factored in.  It seems to play better for me on XBL if I look for games in Kansas.

No dedis or p2ps popped up for me on the east coast or I would have tried to select them. I am in Atlanta. I played all day today and the only one I got was the one in Kansas. It's as averaging about 25ms ping.

You can back out to the home app on your system, F5 your Duma Geo Page, then go live with the game and you should connect to the dedi in that area (Kansas in my example).

:unsure:

Can you please explain a bit more? I don't understand exactly.

I like the way this thread is going. Hopefully we can all come up with some helpful tips to make it better as the Netduma team also helps us out.

I feel for you out near the troublesome dedi's I think you all need to be vocal and keep telling them via twitter email and forums that they are bad to play on guy's

Well that may be some help, but it looks as though the Netduma is not performing. My screen shots say it all. There's no way I should be connecting to those hosts with the settings I've applied according to what I've read. If I am doing something wrong, please by all means, someone tell me!

What I do notice is when I try to find a game after the 2 minute thing and everything disappears, it seems like the Netduma is trying to filter those hosts out because it takes a while to get into a lobby. When I do find a lobby, it's just me in there thinking I'll be host, then when people start to join in, we get directed towards a different host outside of my filter. That has happened over and over.

Now I get that this is a new game and some things may need to be worked out by the Duma team which I'm willing to wait for, but I still haven't got an answer as to why I'm getting these hosts with the settings I've applied.

I have noticed that if I am on Kansas, if I don't keep chaining lobby to lobby, I get booted all the way out to the "LOCAL" game options and have to hit "PLAY ONLINE" again.  Don't know if that is an IP thing, or a matchmaking thing.....  :unsure:

Just had that happen to me except I never got into the game. It started to put me in the game then it went just like you said.

I was able to get a screen shot of the host.

post-4458-0-65110800-1446880966_thumb.png

Place your home over Kansas, Ping Assist at "0" with a small statewide Geo and force connection to that box.  

I'm doing that exactly, but after a few game searches it send me to what looks like a New York host.

I'm going to try to get into that KC host. 

The only thing I can see from your screenshots is that your geof is very small at only 69 miles. Mine is at the very least 269 miles. You shouldn't be pulling any hosts outside of you geof if u have strict on and 0 pa.

What Dillinger said about trying different locales and what works best for u is really gd advice, just remember to leave 2mins inbetween searching in a new locale.

Don't be afraid to place your home a little bit away from where you actually are, I'm the UK.

I have my geof covering over the UK all the way to Denmark so when I change host I get different dedi's between here and there and I would say I get more better games on the Denmark/Netherlands game.

Gd luck

Archived