Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
purpleandgold33

bo4 crashing

Recommended Posts

Anyone else getting this message, Cannot continue using this application. The data for the following application is corrupted. Delete the application from the ps4 and then insert the disc again.? I've deleted the game completely from my ps4 twice and re-downloaded it to no avail. I get into a match and right in the middle of it it kicks me with this message. I've searched on google and it looks like a lot of other folks are having this problem too. No one has a solution to it yet that I have found. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every one in our group has this happen at least once every couple days.  We never delete the game though.  Just restart the application and have to do the initial screen resizing and game set up.  That might be worth trying instead of deleting the next time you see it.  It's sadly another big bug that Treyarc needs to fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Urge said:

Every one in our group has this happen at least once every couple days.  We never delete the game though.  Just restart the application and have to do the initial screen resizing and game set up.  That might be worth trying instead of deleting the next time you see it.  It's sadly another big bug that Treyarc needs to fix.

I do restart the game. It just keeps giving me this message as I said above and it makes me remove disk. I go back in start a new game same shit. I don't know what else to do? I'm contacting activision to see if they have an answer. Just wanted to put this on here if anyone else had this problem and how they solved it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Foedus Gratiae said:

My game just hard crashed. Spawn screen froze and the high pitched noise wouldn't stop screeching until I shut the game down. I don't know how they have managed to do it, but this game has gone from good to garbage really quick. 

Lol I've been talking to activision support. They still haven't given me a solution that works yet. I'm at my wits end with this pos. Even if it does work the lobbies are so shitty. Spawn dead spawn dead before I can blink and face to face gun battles I'm a second behind. What a fkn joke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, purpleandgold33 said:

Lol I've been talking to activision support. They still haven't given me a solution that works yet. I'm at my wits end with this pos. Even if it does work the lobbies are so shitty. Spawn dead spawn dead before I can blink and face to face gun battles I'm a second behind. What a fkn joke. 

I don't know how it was for you before but a week ago it was perfect for me. It was by far the best launch of any COD I've experienced. And then all of a sudden... It's been a mess since then. Maybe I should give Zombies a shot. Blackout didn't seem as bad either. 

Or just go back to Horizon Forza 4. Way more relaxing. 

Gaming should be fun, enjoyable, relaxing. BLOPS4 is not at the moment. 

It still boggles my mind how much we have to do in order to have a decent game. Drop hundreds on a router, spend countless hours adjusting its settings, tinkering some more, spending time with chat support. Our gaming culture is a mess. Gone are the days when I just had fun playing Half-Life and SW: KOTOR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Foedus Gratiae said:

I don't know how it was for you before but a week ago it was perfect for me. It was by far the best launch of any COD I've experienced. And then all of a sudden... It's been a mess since then. Maybe I should give Zombies a shot. Blackout didn't seem as bad either. 

Or just go back to Horizon Forza 4. Way more relaxing. 

Gaming should be fun, enjoyable, relaxing. BLOPS4 is not at the moment. 

It still boggles my mind how much we have to do in order to have a decent game. Drop hundreds on a router, spend countless hours adjusting its settings, tinkering some more, spending time with chat support. Our gaming culture is a mess. Gone are the days when I just had fun playing Half-Life and SW: KOTOR.

Dude you are so correct with that last statement all of the stuff we have to do to have a good game, ridiculous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey,  I'm in MN too.  I've got dsl & cable internet and play on both ps4 & xbox and been having issues since Tuesday no matter which system or isp I'm using, not being able to connect to any of the mercenary playlist games & being kicked back to the ps4/Xbox menu after every tdm match,  with or without geo filter enabled.  Gotta blame this on the xr500, because soon as I bypassed the xr500 I'm getting into any lobby I want & not getting kicked....BUT every match is a lag fest,  so now not using the xr500 I'm probably connecting to east coast servers (which have been the worst for Midwest COD players since IW)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, demonchine said:

Hey,  I'm in MN too.  I've got dsl & cable internet and play on both ps4 & xbox and been having issues since Tuesday no matter which system or isp I'm using, not being able to connect to any of the mercenary playlist games & being kicked back to the ps4/Xbox menu after every tdm match,  with or without geo filter enabled.  Gotta blame this on the xr500, because soon as I bypassed the xr500 I'm getting into any lobby I want & not getting kicked....BUT every match is a lag fest,  so now not using the xr500 I'm probably connecting to east coast servers (which have been the worst for Midwest COD players since IW)

There's a crucial network check the game does at bootup. So if you're not getting the lobbies you like, or you're getting frequent kicks etc, try rebooting the game and it should be better the next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

There's a crucial network check the game does at bootup. So if you're not getting the lobbies you like, or you're getting frequent kicks etc, try rebooting the game and it should be better the next time.

I'm not getting booted after TDM matches now,  but I can't join any mercenary games with the geo filter enabled.  That's on Activision because the players are scattered throughout the US for mercenary games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, demonchine said:

I'm not getting booted after TDM matches now,  but I can't join any mercenary games with the geo filter enabled.  That's on Activision because the players are scattered throughout the US for mercenary games.

Ah right. Well I'm glad it's not booting you after TDM - I have a feeling that was on them as well. We haven't changed anything on our end to fix it (since there was no logic behind it in the first place). Keep us posted if anything changes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×