Issues after installing the 2.3.2.32 firmware.

• Netduma Staff
15 hours ago, OlegP said:

Yeah I'm just using the downgraded .22 FW at the moment I guess. The speeds are what I'm supposed to get from the ISP and I can now select "Use Default MAC Address" without getting totally disconnected from the WAN and losing the internet access completely.

There's still a glitch with the .22 FW that I haven't noticed as much with the newer .32, and that is my WiFi devices get disconnected for a second or two on the 2.4Ghz network. Super annoying when you're on the Skype call.

I guess there real question is how long will it take for Netgear to publish a fixed firmware?

Killhippie has the right idea above - Netgear publishes the firmware, we assist with bug fixing and work on new core features primarily. We're in contact with Netgear over these matters - my advice would be to see if Netgear support has any further advice and to stick with .22 for now. You should be no worse off on that firmware for the time being until a fixed version is released. I reckon the next firmware will fix it by default since the back-end is changing all the time but don't take my word for it!

issues that I have found within the most recent firmware update contains speeds oddly enough decreased. On top of that when I would unplug my xbox to switch over to my ps4, in the network device section it would show both my xbox and ps4 in the online section when only one of them was off. 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Zirkawn said:

issues that I have found within the most recent firmware update contains speeds oddly enough decreased. On top of that when I would unplug my xbox to switch over to my ps4, in the network device section it would show both my xbox and ps4 in the online section when only one of them was off. 

What speed decreases are you seeing? Theres a delay on when a device switches to the offline branch just incase it reconnects after a short period of time. We have changed this in the next version to switch to offline much quicker when its been disconnected.

A quick status update on the issue. I few days ago I replaced the brand new Arris TM1602 modem that I got from Spectrum/Charter last month since I’ve just found out that the Arris modem has that garbage Intel Puma6 chip.

In its place I put an equivalent Netgear CM600 and now I’m running the .32 FW without any speed or MAC address issues; however, I still get WiFi devices disconnect on me for a few seconds when on the 2.4Ghz band.

So the .32 FW issue might have been related to the Arris modem, even though it seems to run fine with the XR500 on the .22 FW version.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, e38BimmerFN said:

Might try changing to a manual channel on 2.4ghz. Disable MIMO and HT160 as well. Set WPS2 and AES only...

Good advice  - could you try this Oleg to see if that fixes your 2.4GHz drop outs?

Guest Killhippie
23 hours ago, OlegP said:

A quick status update on the issue. I few days ago I replaced the brand new Arris TM1602 modem that I got from Spectrum/Charter last month since I’ve just found out that the Arris modem has that garbage Intel Puma6 chip.

In its place I put an equivalent Netgear CM600 and now I’m running the .32 FW without any speed or MAC address issues; however, I still get WiFi devices disconnect on me for a few seconds when on the 2.4Ghz band.

So the .32 FW issue might have been related to the Arris modem, even though it seems to run fine with the XR500 on the .22 FW version.

I seriously would not want to run .22 with the security vulnerabilities it has that were patched in .32 I imagine they are being exploited in the wild by now after netgear released the details of the security issues in question.