Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

new router

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Glenn693

Glenn693

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Local time: 09:04 PM
Its getting to the point where gaming is not fun i used to play mlg within a 4 man teams but had to pull out of the team cos it was so hard to play the game does not feel smooth it feels like its dragging or its weird to explain

Glenn693

Glenn693

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
Its getting to the point where gaming is not fun i used to play mlg within a 4 man teams but had to pull out of the team cos it was so hard to play the game does not feel smooth it feels like its dragging or its weird to explain

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,748 posts

As far as I can see from your gameplay there's no major lag happening at all. You looked like you melted them in the second game, and all deaths on your part looked like you were genuinely outgunned aside from a few AR's maybe killing you too fast. I can't see you getting gameplay that looks smoother than this without taking drastic measures like moving house to get closer to the server or switching ISP. I'd kill for my gameplay to look like that!

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

DMC_81

DMC_81

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 04:04 PM

Jack how can i stop finding bad games ie bad hit detection stuff like that

Hi Glenn !!! First thing first... You will never play good while your aio and duma are set in bridge mode and ppp0e via the duma !!! I tested all methods on multiple setups and connections and it all ended with the same result...crap gaming sessions !!! On cable lines it's worst than on dsl and vdsl2 lines !!! You talked about your AIO bein a vdsl box am i right ?? If so you have to know some things... The majority if not all of those aio for dsl and vdsl2 comes with a double setup (aio's need a double setup to work as a modem plus as a router) and it's cool if you use that aio but if you have a better router or a beast gaming router like the Duma 😎... you won't be using the aio and you want to give all the power to the beast 😊 !!! Like i said bridge mode ain't good with the duma... but you can kinda bridge it without really bridging it !!!

Here is what i've found out to work best when stuck with an AIO so maybe you can try it yourself to see if it also work flawless for you too since it is for us here in Canada on different isp's and line types aka cable dsl adsl vdsl2 !!! If something goes wrong you can always revert back to the original setups from the isp by holding the reset button on the aio for 30 to 45 seconds !!!

To do so you have to remove the double setup from the aio and create only 1 setup accordingly to your connection (you can search the model of your aio with your type of setup you want aka exemple i have a smartrg sr505n and i have a vdsl2 line so i search smartrg sr505n vdsl2 setup)!!! Mine is vdsl2 so i use ptm to connect... those on adsl will use atm !!! So in big... in the aio we have to remove all atm and ptm configs in Interface layer 2... plus remove the configs in Service wan !!! After that we config a ptm Interface layer2 and a ptm service wan with our ppp0e credentials that our isp gave us !!!

Then you want to: dhcp allow only 1 address for the duma !!! Dhcp lease that address to the duma !!! Put the duma in dmz !!! Disable aka uncheck UPNP !!! Restart it !!!

On the duma just disable aka uncheck ipv6 from the wan tab...the lan tab and the miscelleanous tab !!! Mtu is 1492 for vdsl2 so i set it manual on lan and wan tabs !!! Dhcp lease each devices connected to the duma !!! Enable upnp !!! Let dns on auto !!! In miscelleanous if on adsl vdsl vdsl2 check Enable deep packets processing but not if on cable !!! Also enable Turbo for both types of connection aka cable or dsl adsl vdsl vds2 !!! I have took some screenshots to help !!! Then the duma is set so you restart it !!!

The Tricky part after a good setup is getting good lobbies... here is what most people don't know and here is PRO TIPS for you guys... the 2 important things are...good dedicated servers located nearest as possible from you and the DNS servers you use !!!!!!! First thing to test and set is the dns server... your isp give you at least 2 dns servers so you have to test each of them because they not the same...like on the screeshots you can set the dns in the AIO and it's the only place where you want to set the dns manually !!! So you set the same dns address to both and apply !!! Always restart the AIO after changing the dns servers and also always restart the duma right after you restart the AIO !!! To see if you really use the dns server you set you should dnsleak dot net .... it also show you where you located and infos on where the dns servers are and ect !!! After you confirm that you use only one dns server wich is the one you set for test... the other part is on the duma geopanel...

I myself is located near Montreal Quebec Canada and i have my Montreal dedis(wrongly located at 80km but 5km in real world) and the other dedicated servers are at 640km... there is just a 10ms difference between both but unplayable when on the 640km so i block them all for when at late night it struggle to find peers so i then have to bring my distance from 500km to 1000km but still want to have flawless lobbies !!! Aright so in my allowed circle there is 2 physical places that are dedicated servers but one of them is awfull so i block them (one physical place called dedicated server have more than one server so you have to block each one of them when they appear) !!! So in my case i only use Montreal dedicated servers !!! The funny thing is that even while only using Montreal dedis... some of them run at a lightning speed and others at another speed 😮 yep even if they are located at the same physical place... wanna learn something weirder ?? The one you use now at exemple 10ms will be at 18ms the next time... and it may come back to the 10ms after some time !!! Let me clarify... my new line as you can see on the screeshots is running at 7ms... i lock the Montreal dedis and i'm giving them 7ms names like 7ms 1 7ms 2 ect so i know they run 7ms cuz i ping them in real time !!! When a Montreal dedis is not running at 7ms they run at 16ms and it feels different since it's not 7ms fluid !!! When the gaming fluidity change i look at the dedis to ping and if it's not at my desired 7ms i just temp ban it... not changing it name or deleting it from the allowed just temp ban them so it force to get a new dedis 😉 !!! If i temp ban one of them then 2 of them i then reboot my aio and my duma and the devices hooked to it and i get back in the game to try another dedis and normally it brings me back on the 7ms tracks 😍 !!! So set them with the ping speed as name so when ya'll ping and see that it pings higher than normal ya'll just have to temp ban them to get back on the best tracks speed you can with your connection !!!

So in big you can be on 2 different speeds even using only one dedicated server and also the same for the dns servers so once you set the aio to use only one dns server it will prevent fluctuations due to the dns server not bein the same... then you test the dedis with duma to learn your best ping...you allow them giving them their ping speed as names... you block all those you don't want... ps dont block those on the best physical place but that are not at the same speed than their best ones since tomorow thoses may be running at the desired speed you want....just block those from a physical place that is far from you but still is in your distance circle !!! After a couple of hours playin on the best ping lobbies you can...you will then be able to test the other dns server from your isp and yes all of the allowed dedis are supposed to run at the same ping speed or better so... if on the first dns your best dedis are at 10ms like the exemple earlier and you have test them for 20games or more... you change the dns in the aio then reboot it and reboot duma and devices...then get back on the game and ping is now 6ms you now knows its the best dns your isp gave you...so you'll test it for couple of games to be sure it stays at the same speed... if it give you worst pings you still have to test a couples of games to see if it still worst or nah.... after a couple of tests ya'll know what the best ping you can have is and wich dns server is giving that ping speed so you'll just have to set that dns in the aio and reboot and reboot the duma followed by hooked devices and from there you'll only have to watch the dedis with the duma to be sure you always on the best ping speed you can get !!!

Hope it help you and the army to understand how it works and hope my findings will help you properlly set an aio to enjoy the best gaming sessions possible !!!
Don't forget guys we can always hold the reset of an aio to revert back to the original setups so don't be scared to try and test things !!!

Last part is on duma like in the misc tab... after you tested dns servers and dedis so you sure of the best ping speed you can get...that everything is set good in the aio and in the duma... then test couple of games with and without Enable deep packet processing and also test with and without Turbo 😉...each and everytime after you change a setting you reboot the duma and devices hooked to it...not the aio if you don't change things in it ... then you still want to confirm that you still at the best ping speed available to you since you can't test settings properlly if you always changing dedis and that their speed aren't the same !!!

Take care... Peeeaace !!!

Attached Files

DMC_81

DMC_81

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
I forgot to mention guys... for your ping you only speedtest dot net ... it will give you the best ping your connection can runs so from there you supposed to know your ping and yes you normally can hook to a dedis at that ping speed 😉 like i speedtest at 7ms now so my Montreal dedis runs at 7ms 😍 but 2 weeks ago i was with another isp with a ping of 21ms so i was running Montreal dedis at 21ms !!! Like you can't have a faster ping in a dedicated server than what your connection speed is... and still you supposed to play at that ping speed on a dedicated server !!! 😉 And just so you don't get frustrated too much with your isp ping... i was playin at 21ms and it was awesome... just a lil bit slower than on 7ms but if you neva played at 7ms you can't see the difference so what i mean is that the more important point is not to have the fastest ping even if it help a lil bit for speed freaks like me but instead it is the way you configure aio or modem and router with your line !!! Now test things guys and enjoy awesome gaming sessions !!!

lllRL

lllRL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • LocationUK
Lol if I put 1492 in manually on the Duma with my VDSL2 line, a test will show I'm getting 1484. If I set 1484 I get 1476 etc. 🤔

I actually just tried your entire setup (since I get the same ping to my local server) and it was hideous. One frame deaths, people shooting behind me getting kills, and apparently dying the nanosecond I round a corner only to watch a killcam of some windmilling turd on 3 sens clip his toenails and make a sandwich before he got on target. 7.0ms hahahahahaha

DMC_81

DMC_81

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Lol if I put 1492 in manually on the Duma with my VDSL2 line, a test will show I'm getting 1484. If I set 1484 I get 1476 etc. 🤔
I actually just tried your entire setup (since I get the same ping to my local server) and it was hideous. One frame deaths, people shooting behind me getting kills, and apparently dying the nanosecond I round a corner only to watch a killcam of some windmilling turd on 3 sens clip his toenails and make a sandwich before he got on target. 7.0ms hahahahahaha

First our proofs by pics and vids talk by themselves...just look at the yesterday score with the timeframe in the pic and tell us that aint flawless boiii !!! You have to fine tune your setup accordingly to your devices and line type so even if you also have a base ping of 7ms doesnt mean you play at 7ms and definitly never mean that your setup is set tight like mine !!! I run cat7 wires everywhere and yes it help a lot !!! I also run hdmi 2.1 and yes it changes everything like it upgrades the visual quality but also the fluidity even on the smallest screens like my benq 24" mlg 1ms screen and the same if not even more on my 55" !!! It helps both things because of the bandwith !!! You also have to understand that after having set everything to the perfection... you then have to be adapting to that fluidity since you cant play the same way when your under the 10ms bar !!! You also have to have someone protecting your back like i do with my girl !!! And yep she was on my benq while i was protecting her on my 55"...on a flawless 7ms with no spikes from begin to the end wich confirms the tighness of the settings !!! Before complaining about others suggestions you should first learn everything properly then set everything properly then test everything till your on the gods level !!! It's not to have the same ping that matter...i said that 2 weeks ago i was at 21ms and still was doin more than 50kills each and every match and in positive ....it's not just the speed or the bandwith or the wires or the screen or the controllers.... It's all that set properly together plus a brain able to deal fast as fuck 😝👽🎮🎧🔫😎 !!! And for your mtu tests first there is a problem in your setup since when its properly set it will always give the same as what you've set it... and second the fact that you 1 person on earth can't set things properly will never mean it's not the proper way to do it so don't act stupid tryin to blast those that takes their life time to help while you the one doin the settings so you the only one to blame if somerhing goes wrong....that's the same for everybody on earth !!! If like i always say you the type of guy that don't restart your modem and router and devices each time you change sensitives settings... then you will never get the same and good results...simple as that !!! Like if you think i like loosin an hour or more just to write things via my cellphone here on the forum...like others tryin to help... that may change the way you understand certain things that by yourself you decide to skip like it's not that important... when in facts every lil things are important so you always have to follow every step and i'll again repeat... there is a lot of things to understand and to set before you able to test and even there that doesnt mean your 7ms line will be exactly workin like mine !!! But when you there in your fastest ping zone ...YOU have to finetune it accordingly to your setup wich means with the type of wires you use the hdmi wire the screen the console the controllers the player the dns servers the distance you are from the dedicated server the firmware in your aio or modem the firmware in the duma the firmware in your controllers ect ect ect ....!!! I saw your name in the forum a couple of times wich means you supposed to know that and to know by the time that everybody have to finetune so if you have troubles just ask more infos the proper way wich is with respect and we will help you further !!!

Attached Files

lllRL

lllRL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • LocationUK
Ask for info with respect? I didn't ask for anything. What was disrespectful about simply stating I tried your settings and it played like crap? Are you wounded by that or something? It would appear I know more about general networking in gaming if you're talking about stuff like DNS servers lol, relax yourself. I simply tried your setup because I've spent so much time on researching and optimising that I'm desperate, so I'm know what I'm talking about and how to set up for my line; no need to make assumptions. Plus 54-39 doesn't really show anything 🤐

I get this (v screenshot v) to my local servers all day everyday and it doesn't change the fact it plays like crap. How you took that as a personal insult I'll never know - it's a fact I have to deal with every time I go online, apart from the odd rare game (one in every 100 or so) that actually runs smooth on the same server with actual hit detection.

Attached Files

DMC_81

DMC_81

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Ask for info with respect? I didn't ask for anything. What was disrespectful about simply stating I tried your settings and it played like crap? Are you wounded by that or something? It would appear I know more about general networking in gaming if you're talking about stuff like DNS servers lol, relax yourself. I simply tried your setup because I've spent so much time on researching and optimising that I'm desperate, so I'm know what I'm talking about and how to set up for my line; no need to make assumptions. Plus 54-39 doesn't really show anything
I get this (v screenshot v) to my local servers all day everyday and it doesn't change the fact it plays like crap. How you took that as a personal insult I'll never know - it's a fact I have to deal with every time I go online, apart from the odd rare game (one in every 100 or so) that actually runs smooth on the same server with actual hit detection.

Ahhhhh ok cool ah ah ah sorry brah english is not my first language and the way you was laughing and sayin things let us think that you were laughing at me...so my bad for that and i do more understand ya meaning now !!! Aright first on my last comm pic dont look at my score but at my girl score wich is 98 46 ... we both playin together here in my home on my setup with both ps4 hooked to duma at the same time.... thats why i said look at yesterdays score... i always protect her back so i don't care bout having less good scores when she's here but anyways the fact is the proof picture... not only my setup is tight enough to handle my ps4 pro and running it like a god tool but it also handle 2 ps4 at the same time doin more than 50kills for the protector and 98 kills for the lucky girl !!! And yep its only one game on a thousand...i just dont loose too much time putting proofs pics of all my scores ect !!! And since we both here for more than a year... ya already know how many people struggle to have the duma workin properly with 1 console... so please figure out that to have those scores with 2 consoles on the same duma running at the same time...you definitly have to set it tiiiight as fuck !!! So either there is 1 or 2 lil settings that needs to be adjusted either in the aio or in duma or even in both... or you just unlucky and stuck with a bad isp line quality !!!

Your line is having more fluctuations than mine but it looks close to mine so... do you have a phone service or a tv service with your line or it's just internet ??? Cuz yes it brings fluctuations on your line even if you don't use them !!! I only take internet myself so no unwanted fluctuations on my line or at least way less !!!

Understand that i changed my isp 2 weeks ago only....for the 6th time in 2 years... and i did run the aio with the firmware it came with wich was compiled in 2015 and was apparently the last firmware available... it was unstable and i was getting spikes from 7ms to 60ms whatever the time in day or night...always unstable but still was playable...yep with frustrations !!! I found a firmware compiled at the end of 2017 and updated it....via my cellphone and it worked and was a bit better but it was also worst for the spikes....anywayz i've updated my aio again yesterday via a computer since i knew there was a problem since i use the same bell canada vdsl2 line for more than a year...even when changing isp still was on vdsl2 so i have more than 12months of tuning and testings the line quality... the 2 weeks ago isp was giving me 21ms but was so straight after we changed the wires from the drop to the building so now i now that everything wires wise either on my side or on the isp side are perfect !!! I tried playing with settings to finetune but still was struggling...plus i forgot to mention that with my last isp from 2 weeks ago i been with them for couple of months and in the begin i was having the same smartrg sr505n so thats where i started to better understand and finetune those vdsl2 type of lines since i was more on cable lines in the past since it was way better....but it all changed like 4 years ago so now cable isp here is crap !!! Anywayz with that same last isp i was also stuck with an old firmware and the line quality was crap since i update it ....then it became my first god feeling time when i was gaming !!! Sadly one day the aio just stopped workin and they send me another brand of aio wich was better but was also acting differently...like the settings wasnt the same even if both was running on the same type line and quality line !!! Anywayz i managed to tune it so the gaming sessions was awesome again...still with some lil spikes here and there but nothin too major except the 21ms wich is goood for most people but slow for my lil brain !!! So i changed isp for that awesome 7ms one that i have now... so since i already used and learn and fine tune that smartrg i knew what to do butt still i tried it like it came for a couple of days...with an average gaming feeling since it was unstable !!! I then updated it and factory reset it to set it again with original isp settings... crap unstable line again... i then removed them double setup to create my ptm only setup and boom everything is now straiiiight and flawless whatever the time in day or night !!! So just by updating them aio to the latest or at least to a 2017 firmware it fixed the spikes and it now react almost instantly !!! My isp dont even knew that this firmware exist and now they know and they learning on my setup !!!

Strange thing is... with my 2 weeks ago isp i was at 21ms baseping and duma was pinging google at 13ms wich was giving me 3 Exceptional results ..... now with my new isp i'm at 7ms but my duma ping google at 28ms and it give me a Good for the ping and Exceptional for the 2 other results !!! Weird isnt it !!! This info was more to show that there is a lot of differences even on the same line type or on the same line even when set identicaly !!! Last week i was thinkin that this was the reason for my spikes since most of the spikes where at 30ms... but after updating the firmware now its all stable and flawless so i now less care about that duma test since yep i may be pinging google higher but still in real time and when i play i'm at 7ms straiiight !!!

Hope there's clues that will help you too !!! Don't forget i'm not mad at yaaa was just a missunderstood ah ah ah and keep ya head up since you so close to the perfection !!!

Like i said it's not my first language so sometimes i use different words or ways of expressions to explain things that may be explained a bit better !!! Take care... Peeeaace !!!

lllRL

lllRL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • LocationUK
No worries. Yeah I was laughing at my ping graph, so called 7ms lol. It's been like that for me since February last year so it definitely wasn't derisive laughter aimed at your comment; it was just frustration from my recent experiences.

My line doesn't fluctuate much at all tbh. Jitter usually averages 0.1-0.2ms so it's very stable. I've just come to the conclusion that looking at pings on the graph or PingPlotter is pointless because they're ICMP and game traffic is UDP for the most part. I ran a test bridging my connection through Wireshark the other night and was noticing anywhere from 10-80ms delays between packets on my local server (geofilter showed the usual 7ms) and delays of 12-2200ms (yep, 2.2 SECONDS) on the German server (21ms on the geofilter) but apparently there was no packet loss out of thousands of packets on the capture so that wasn't the cause of the delays. Strange stuff...

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users