Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is there an issue with my line

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Tommyboy19

Tommyboy19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
So I ran an speed test on speedtest.net my first test was at 107ms then I redid the test and it pinged at 7ms so i triple checked just to must sure then it went up to 36ms but my speeds seem to in line what the speed test did within the initial setup

Zennon

Zennon

• Administrators
  • 6,835 posts
  • Local time: 06:50 PM
  • LocationUK
Windows > run > type

cmd

In the cmd window type

ping bbc.co.uk

Press enter, with nothing using the broadband at the time.

Or download pingplotter.

Tommyboy19

Tommyboy19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
I've ran an few pingplotter tests I'm not really sure what I'm looking for if the line is faulty how to you screenshot on an laptop so I can post results

pollutionblues

pollutionblues

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,048 posts
  • LocationOuter Hebrides

I've ran an few pingplotter tests I'm not really sure what I'm looking for if the line is faulty how to you screenshot on an laptop so I can post results

http://support.netdu...e-a-screenshot-
The family that slays together stays together

Tommyboy19

Tommyboy19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
I few weeks back too I phoned bt to say that the connection is was feeling unstable that did a line test and said it was fine should I trust what they say or should run tests then ring back and say that it's not and provide with the evidence

pollutionblues

pollutionblues

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,048 posts
  • LocationOuter Hebrides

I few weeks back too I phoned bt to say that the connection is was feeling unstable that did a line test and said it was fine should I trust what they say or should run tests then ring back and say that it's not and provide with the evidence

It’s best to run PingPlotter tests so you have evidence to prove to your ISP that there is a problem. Post your test results and we can look them over for you
The family that slays together stays together

Tommyboy19

Tommyboy19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
Yeah will do I'll have to do this when I get back from work but thanks for the help so far much appreciated

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,556 posts

Yeah will do I'll have to do this when I get back from work but thanks for the help so far much appreciated

Keep us updated :)

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

Tommyboy19

Tommyboy19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
Sorry been quite for an couple of days been busy so haven't had chance to sort tests out hopefully will be able to tomorow

Tommyboy19

Tommyboy19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
Just another update might be changing provider when contract ends with bt so I've halted the tests

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 528 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ
Hope the new provider works out for you. Who are you thinking of? Check out IDNet - they consistently come top on broadband ratings. https://www.idnet.net/

Tommyboy19

Tommyboy19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
Cheers I hope so too and it could be sky fibre package but I will take a look at the link you've me too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users