Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Can’t get open nat type

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Matthew_D

Matthew_D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 07:25 PM
So I hooked up my xr500 it switched ips on xr500 so it didn’t interfere with my Verizon modern/router. I can’t get in game open nat type. I had DMZ host for ps4 didn’t work. Then I changed it an on to upnp an it changed for a split second but I clicked off an now it’s back to moderate. Idk if I’m doing something wrong but having the hardest time with it. I’ve restarted routers. Unplugged my PlayStation after shutting it off I’m at a loss

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationNear Manchester

hi

make sure ps4 is powered off. Go to WAN options and click "open" under nat filtering, save changes and then reboot ps4. Also make sure  upnp is disabled on your verizon router (also while your ps4 is turned off) as you may be getting conflicts.

Posted Image Posted Image

pollutionblues

pollutionblues

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationFar North of Scotland
I wouldn’t advise setting your nat filtering to open as this makes your firewall less secure. Is the XR500 in the DMZ of your ISP modem/router?
The family that slays together stays together

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,874 posts

So I hooked up my xr500 it switched ips on xr500 so it didn’t interfere with my Verizon modern/router. I can’t get in game open nat type. I had DMZ host for ps4 didn’t work. Then I changed it an on to upnp an it changed for a split second but I clicked off an now it’s back to moderate. Idk if I’m doing something wrong but having the hardest time with it. I’ve restarted routers. Unplugged my PlayStation after shutting it off I’m at a loss

Hi, welcome to the forum! Could you please let us know which modem you're using and if there are any other routers in your setup? Is your setup Modem > XR500 > All Devices?

Thanks!

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

Matthew_D

Matthew_D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
Hey jack thanks.. I’m using the xr500 but the Verizon router is the original modem/router from my internet provider to use but so I have the the xr500 hooked into that getting my internet an then the ps4 plugged into the xr500. An that’s it

Matthew_D

Matthew_D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
Pollutionblues no my xr500 isn’t in the dmz on my modem/router

pollutionblues

pollutionblues

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,126 posts

Pollutionblues no my xr500 isn’t in the dmz on my modem/router

You need to put the XR500 into the modem/routers DMZ. This will give you an open NAT.

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,874 posts

I'd recommend following the suggestion above. Since this is a moderate in-game NAT rather than console NAT, I'd also recommend putting your console on Spectating Mode while the console is booting up. Only put the Geo-Filter into Filtering Mode when you are on the game multiplayer menu. It could well be that Filtering Mode is causing your moderate in-game NAT.

Let us know how you get on :)

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Matthew_D

Matthew_D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
Good news guys it worked I put my isp in dmz in my modem/router from my internet provider as well. Thanks so much pollutionblues an jack for all the help an info. Much appreciated

pollutionblues

pollutionblues

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,126 posts

Good news guys it worked I put my isp in dmz in my modem/router from my internet provider as well. Thanks so much pollutionblues an jack for all the help an info. Much appreciated

Pleased you’ve got it sorted!

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,874 posts

Awesome to hear! Let us know if you have any more questions or issues, we're happy to help :)

Technical support:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users