Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

destiny 2

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

mike

mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Local time: 09:30 PM

well as the game is soon to open with a whole host of connection issues i would like to pass on to the duma team a box of anadin and other pain killers as im sure D2 is gonna cause a lot of headaches over the next few weeks or years ..........

just had a thought , as most ppl have a tablet now how about in the long (looks at the calander) awaited duma os , with games like destiny that create havoc on the duma with new servers added and servers changing addys basically bungle arsing about with them , how about adding a pass through option , so if  "A"  game is causing issues on the duma you can tick a box so it turns everything off and acts just like a normal router or as in my case just passes straight to my isp router (im sure theres other ppl that have the duma connected to another router) until the duma army solve the issue ?.

Zennon

Zennon

Forum Legend

• Administrators
  • 6,302 posts
  • LocationUK

I played the beta with the geo off, congestion control on, hyper traffic on, this is by no means a normal router set up, it played extremely well.

I will carry on playing like this for the full release today :)

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 1,308 posts

well as the game is soon to open with a whole host of connection issues i would like to pass on to the duma team a box of anadin and other pain killers as im sure D2 is gonna cause a lot of headaches over the next few weeks or years ..........

just had a thought , as most ppl have a tablet now how about in the long (looks at the calander) awaited duma os , with games like destiny that create havoc on the duma with new servers added and servers changing addys basically bungle arsing about with them , how about adding a pass through option , so if  "A"  game is causing issues on the duma you can tick a box so it turns everything off and acts just like a normal router or as in my case just passes straight to my isp router (im sure theres other ppl that have the duma connected to another router) until the duma army solve the issue ?.

Hi Mike - I'd recommend playing with the Geo-filter disabled for the time being, or alternatively if you wanted to help us with the next cloud update you could post some ID's here whenever you get kicked. It's unfortunate that this phase has to happen with new games, but until we manage to score early copies to test before a game launch, this has to happen.

I believe the feature you're looking for is simply disabling the Geo-filter - doing that will make it act like a normal router, nothing will be blocked so no kicks or Netduma related issues will occur in relation to the game itself.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

mike

mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

thats the thing everytime iv been kicked theres been servers showing up , the only 2 iv seen are the ones already posted and i spent 10 mins sat there getting booted every 5 secs with anteater errors and nothing showed up

Sci0n

Sci0n

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

You can not play this game with the R1 geo filter on. It has to be off.

mountainping

mountainping

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

not good :(

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 1,308 posts

That's only true for some people - we've been getting reports of lots of people using it and never getting kicked. We've also tested it ourselves and not been kicked. It'll be all down to localised servers or servers getting unnecessarily blocked which is why we're working on this cloud update - but soon enough the Geo-filter should work for everyone having issues :)

If you guys wanted to help speed it up, please provide the ID's of any blocked servers when you get kicked.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

ttu_red

ttu_red

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Local time: 03:30 PM

ID: 9b363c07d33acdd2

6c348b56d10b5459

b53620ebd354a8ad

ed36b07bd38ccdd2 

8d3609d4d32ccdd2 

ttu_red

ttu_red

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

be345c27d15d060b

80369a65d31fccd1

f3360dd8d392cdd2 

ttu_red

ttu_red

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I'm getting too much pad locks all in North Coralina 

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 1,308 posts

I'm getting too much pad locks all in North Coralina 

Thank you for those ID's, that's incredibly useful. Fingers crossed we'll have a cloud update early next week for you guys. Until then, ID's are really useful, but if you're getting kicked a lot simply switch off the Geofilter - Destiny 2 servers are a lot more stable than CoD in my experience, so I'm hoping the lag won't be too bad.

I hope you're all enjoying Destiny 2, I think it's a phenomenal game so far.

Technical support:

mountainping

mountainping

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

be345c27d15d060b

80369a65d31fccd1

f3360dd8d392cdd2 

i think you are posting other players id's judging by the number of them you posted which results to 8 id's. destiny 2 pvp is 4v4 hence the 8... try nd post servers and not other players id's

mountainping

mountainping

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Thank you for those ID's, that's incredibly useful. Fingers crossed we'll have a cloud update early next week for you guys. Until then, ID's are really useful, but if you're getting kicked a lot simply switch off the Geofilter - Destiny 2 servers are a lot more stable than CoD in my experience, so I'm hoping the lag won't be too bad.

I hope you're all enjoying Destiny 2, I think it's a phenomenal game so far.

destiny 2 is using the same system destiny 1 uses.. the lag you will experience is from the player host. which destiny 2 suffers from. the only thing going to their servers is score, and gun shots that way you have the feeling of instant shooting when firing your weapon for example. everything else is Peer2Peer so getting shot behind walls and people lagging  / skipping across the screen being un killable will still be an issue. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users