new member of the duma army

dark-kitsune36

haii all,

im kinda new to using the netduma (only got it last week)

i have a question that i couldn't find the answer to in the forums hoping someone can help me out.

im an avid COD player and currently i keep getting connected to a dedicated server on the south east end of England,

im using 2500 km radius and a 30 ms ping assist with strict mode enabled. but this server has such terrible lagg spikes (around 800 ms every 2-3 secs according to the duma) its becoming impossible to play, 

i have tried temp banning the server and that works for 1 game at most. im wondering if their is a way to just block that server from coming up the other servers around my area are great but i cant connect to them most the time.

thanks for the help in advance and i hope everyone has a happy holiday season :D

and a special thanks to the creators for making such a great too, to help us gamers ;)

What you are going to have to do is manipulate host filtering in a way that allows that server to be blocked.  There may be a little trial and error involved but I believe it can be done.  Basically determine what parameters are allowing you to get placed into that server.  First of all I would make sure it is outside of the geo-filter circumference.  Second determine what ping assist value would allow you to connect to the server. If it is 30 then decrease it by 5 and see if you still connect to it.  

Netduma is not going to allow us as users to permanently ban servers because it could ruin the gaming experience for you and others. But what you do have is the capabilities to avoid the servers. 

If you know the location of a server that you would like to play on you can always move the geo-filter circle over that particular server. Set ping assist to 0 so it does not place you in a server outside of your geo-filter based on ping. You will also have to set host filtering to strict on as well.  

• Netduma Staff

Hey, welcome to the forum, and Merry Christmas. What Buck said above is great advice. We can't allow people to block dedicated servers since the game often relies on them; it would allow you to ruin the game experience for yourself. Following what Buck said would be a good idea if you want to avoid that server :)

• Administrators

Hi Dark, welcome to the DumaArmy. Buck gave the perfect answer.

If we allowed people to permanently block servers they could end up getting the router in a state that would not allow them to play at all. 

Dont forget after you make any changes it takes around two minutes to take effect. (anti cheat thing) So if you put your home by a German server for instance to try to avoid the UK one it will take two minutes to take effect. If you try joining a game within that two minutes you could end up back on the South Coast dedi.

Archived