Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Can't connect to games, NAT errors etc - Workaround & fixes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
75 replies to this topic

frustrated

frustrated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
Hi. Go back to what exactly. I am on 22 17 25. Thanks, what tick autocloud and bleeding edge and then you will update with your settings ?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,576 posts

Instead of manually choosing now do auto&bleeding edge cloud and apply as you would do usually. Please allow up to 4 hours for the cloud to propagate.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

fearsome137

fearsome137

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

yo fraser it has worked straight away for me,just factory reset netduma and has gone straight back to nat type 2 now on 1-1-1.......thank you you are a netduma god

frustrated

frustrated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
So still a bit lost,so I will just tick autocloud bleeding edge,and wait for it to reset with your figures,think that's how I read it , sorry I'm a mechanic awful at understanding this tech talk

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,576 posts

Tick them both and apply yes. You don't need to wait for anything like that specifically, just that it can take up to 4 hours to work how it should

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

frustrated

frustrated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
Thanks again Frasier,im OK on cars hahai

fearsome137

fearsome137

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

damn.....turned ps4 off for a break turned on again and have failed nat type again......yet was fine on 1 1 1 all day?????

Stro3579

Stro3579

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

I have failed nat type also.  I rebooted duma to factory settings and also unticked strict mode on the geofilter.  Now i have nat type 2

frustrated

frustrated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
Hi,lol well I have checked and my cloud settings are the same 22 17 25,so I take it it should read something else..not sure.

MrRelentlessUK

MrRelentlessUK

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

my nat returned by going back to auto, bleeding edge but i had to turn strict mode off on the geo filter, failed nat once it's enabled....

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,576 posts

damn.....turned ps4 off for a break turned on again and have failed nat type again......yet was fine on 1 1 1 all day?????

Please go to auto&bleeding edge cloud and see how you get on. Someone else posted an ID for PS so will add that to the cloud as well. 

I have failed nat type also.  I rebooted duma to factory settings and also unticked strict mode on the geofilter.  Now i have nat type 2

Are you also getting something blocked with strict on?

Hi,lol well I have checked and my cloud settings are the same 22 17 25,so I take it it should read something else..not sure.

Is both auto&bleeding edge ticked and applied? Otherwise just choose 25, 18, 25

my nat returned by going back to auto, bleeding edge but i had to turn strict mode off on the geo filter, failed nat once it's enabled....

Are you getting something blocked with strict on?

Time Converter

frustrated

frustrated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
Thanks will do.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,576 posts

Update, don't do that. Have updated auto&bleeding edge cloud to remove the error on PSN. Please allow up to 4 hours for it to propagate. 

If they're both ticked but the manual settings that are greyed out say a previous cloud don't worry about this. Auto/bleeding edge will overwrite this.

Time Converter

Dennis Pantalone

Dennis Pantalone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

And still no geo location on DSL reports.

frustrated

frustrated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
OK have left it ticked reading 22 17 25.
Will wait for it to overwrite.Will let you no what I see later on .

JueyBizco

JueyBizco

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

When i turn on my PS4, not even starting a game, this is with strict mode ticked

Failed Nat type

Attached File  Netduma.jpg   142.94KB   0 downloads

With out strict, Open nat type

Attached File  Netduma 2.jpg   119.66KB   0 downloads

Dennis Pantalone

Dennis Pantalone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Yeah, its like a baby shitting his pants, no control. Come on Fraser. And the rest. 

Dennis Pantalone

Dennis Pantalone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Hahahah, download speed down... No geo filter, shitty connection due by the servers??? Yeah. Maybe the update will work, for now its back to old school.. Thumbs up!! Not on my ISP....Straight ass motherfokking hell...

bagsta69

bagsta69

The Reverend.

• Moderators
  • 2,830 posts

Just a thought here, The majority of problems that anybody ever had (and I am talking the majority not all) is with Black Ops3 recently, it was AW last year, which now plays fine, not previous versions of the game as many people have said and backed it up with video evidence that this is not an issue with previous versions of Call of Duty.

So just for a minute may we engage a little thought here and maybe just maybe, come to the conclusion that it is not the R1 at fault as in my experience it does exactly what it says on the tin/box for those who never saw that advert.

The last update from Activision/treyarch etc is what has caused these issues and yet a lot of people seem to be blaming the R1.

The staff have been very patient and trying to help and accommodate these issues and resolve them as quickly as possible so please people. Lets all try to stay civil, mature and help each other out rather than throwing a tantrum. :)

Peace out yall.

punishertag.jpg
You can easily gauge someone's level of IQ by how easily they get outraged on the internet.

bagsta69

bagsta69

The Reverend.

• Moderators
  • 2,830 posts

This is on PS4, OK, so ive been port forwarded since I did the tutorial, tonight i took all port forwarding off and could not connect etc, abc errors etc etc. Enabled port forwarding again and hey presto connected straight away

punishertag.jpg
You can easily gauge someone's level of IQ by how easily they get outraged on the internet.