Lagging and being thrown into bad host lobbies

Its either bandwidth or gaming I would choose gaming every time, I would go back to 6/1 if I had to.

Yeah i downgraded from 20mb to 6mb so my line can handle fastpath. It takes longer to download movies and game patches and im fine with it as long as ping is low and line is stable. I was not even getting 20mb so it was a waste of money. Hopefully they install fiber optic in my area so i will get best of both worlds gaming and downloading at super fast speeds. Currently i have fiber optic available from other isp in my area but i don't like them and their after sales service is bad.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah i downgraded from 20mb to 6mb so my line can handle fastpath. It takes longer to download movies and game patches and im fine with it as long as ping is low and line is stable. I was not even getting 20mb so it was a waste of money. Hopefully they install fiber optic in my area so i will get best of both worlds gaming and downloading at super fast speeds. Currently i have fiber optic available from other isp in my area but i don't like them and their after sales service is bad.

I was scared to move off ADSL to fibre because of fast path and my stable ping, luckily my ping is the same and since the introduction of G.inp I am on fastpath.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for not posting an update i have been working a lot lately. It sees like i am still having the same problem and trying with comcast to figure it out still but they are giving me the run around. I still constantly keep getting thrown in those games with terrible and random lag spikes even dropping my controls way below the 70% mark. I have been speaking with the Manager in the technical department and when i get an update from him i will keep everyone posted. Thanks again to everyone for the help. Always appreciated

So i had the one Comcast guy come today and he fixed a problem with some wiring because the Noise on the line was going crazy so he sorted that. When i run a PingPlotter now it seems like the the results are even worse, any ideas why. I also have a Electrician coming out now to replace an old rg59 line and snake a new rg6 into the house. Last question is why when  i use the congestion control sometimes and untick share excess i still see things on the network manager spiking higher than my Xbox Console

So i had the one Comcast guy come today and he fixed a problem with some wiring because the Noise on the line was going crazy so he sorted that. When i run a PingPlotter now it seems like the the results are even worse, any ideas why. I also have a Electrician coming out now to replace an old rg59 line and snake a new rg6 into the house. Last question is why when  i use the congestion control sometimes and untick share excess i still see things on the network manager spiking higher than my Xbox Console

I dont know, he may have messed up while he was there and has not sorted the noise at all.

All devices send I am alive packets and received the response, this can sometimes be larger that the KB being used by the console at the time..

What size are the spikes in KB or MB

When the guy showed me the device when it was hooked up it was actually pretty high and it dropped a good amount after changing out the 2 wires that were pretty old. The lag spikes are nothing significant i just wasnt too sure if it was normal usuall it ranges 90% of the time or so in the kb sometimes i seen it veer up into MB

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

So the comcast guy came and sw/itched out most of the wiring and i had an electrcian fix some things but i still get 120-150 lag spikes even when pinging the local comcast which is only a couple miles away. Any thoughts ?

Do you get this directly from the ISP hub/modem? 

So the comcast guy came and sw/itched out most of the wiring and i had an electrcian fix some things but i still get 120-150 lag spikes even when pinging the local comcast which is only a couple miles away. Any thoughts ?

I would be curious too about finding out if those spikes are coming directly from your ISP's modem / router or are the spikes coming from the duma.I would run a cable directly to the modem and check out the results on PP and if your still getting spikes it's an ISP issue.

And I'm sure you've heard it before but cable is the absolute worst for gaming you can have IMO.I have cable also and had to get a dedicated line of ADSL just for gaming and the difference in stability is night and day.

I'm going to say this is still a Comcast issue. Looking back it took me more than a year of fighting with them and replacing modems etc.You have to be a real douch bag and just keep after them. Its the only way to get it fixed.

I have a brandnew Arris modem sb1690 i believe it is and my primary router is my NetDuma. I spoke with Arris the first time because Comcast said it was them, after contacting them they looked into the situation and assured me there was no problems on there end. My PingPlotter test is usually running well a lot better than before but still encounter those high spike. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Sounds like it's not selected correctly, as in you might have a different device selected. If not, are you using Chrome/Firefox? Check this guide to ensure everything appears on the Geo properly http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022408-why-can-t-i-see-anything-on-the-geo-filter-

The only thing i have on there is my xbox and nothing else for the geo filter, its the first time i actually seen this done. I have also been experiencing 0 games found and im putting it on 50ms ping with almost a 1200 mile radius and its taking ages to find a game i have to keep backing out and searching for more time than im actually playing. Something isnt right with this

these are some of the screen shots, I also reset the cloud settings. When i join  game when im hosting i will encounter lag spikes and a hard time searching for games among other problems. Last night i let my frien host the lobby and when we got games everyone was on a 4bar and the lag wasnt as bad 

post-9286-0-18695400-1474667029_thumb.png

post-9286-0-99575900-1474667029_thumb.png

post-9286-0-02276400-1474667031_thumb.png

post-9286-0-60478500-1474667031_thumb.png

Hmm ur area is insane lol. I prefer cod ultimate price. Base off PA. Not miles. I put my 40 PA, 69miles for distance. Get games instantly.

If ur not getting games with ur setup how it is now. U have a problem with upnp or ports for sure. Netduma not working right. U should get game instantly. May not be perfect cuz ur distance is so huge.

Archived