Lagging and being thrown into bad host lobbies

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is ur cc at 70/70? Dsl reports speed test, what's ur buffer bloat? A OR A+ is what u want every connection different. Mods prefer 70/70 since buffer bloat supposedly doesn't start till after that on a connection.

Bo3 servers vary and if ur not host of a party if u playing in 1. Netduma won't work fully

Post ur dsl report results with buffer bloat

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/5085712.png

I have tried 70/70 and a lot of numerous different ones all the way down to below 10 and i dont know nothing seems to give me that real smooth playing everyone talks about. When i let my friend host we have no problems finding games and the lobbies we get into are a lot better than the ones i get when i host.

post-9286-0-71033300-1474743235_thumb.png

yea i think im pretty good. For Black op 3 i hold over a 2kd 600 spm and ranked number 2 in the world for hardcore career. i have played on many low ping games and its great i connect and no problems at all everything runs smooth. I just set my location the ocean and on a 55ms ping and it took about 20 minutes to find a game because it wasnt searching for players and the lobby was garbage

Number 2 in the world without netduma. Hmm maybe u didn't need it? Tho don't get me wrong was 17th in world on hckc in aw... Guess jus all depends. Bo3 stats are based off fake spam. Anyone can camp combine and nuke town all day. That's why kor3ayn has 1k spm. But Ya strange indeed. Idk man my game EP laying fine in Chicago and Atlanta servers

I play every map but the Netduma itself wont even register to search for players half the time, i will also be in a lobby waiting and nothing comes up on the host filtering as well. The other thing i encounter is even if i set my ping low i get in the most god awful lobbies where the ping is out the roof and it is borderline unplayable.

Dude, Your geo isn't much different from where my home area is (philly aint that far from boston) I played Hardcore last night with some friends in a party and didn't do so bad for an old man. I'm TheSirLagalot  on xbone. maybe play together some evening and you can check your settings to mine. I can tell you that I got rid of all the red mess that you have on your ping plot. You need to email their ceo its the only way and it takes a while. They will blame everything under the sun before they actually fix something. They are in the business of making money and fixing the plant or upgrading their equipment takes from the money they are using to build a second evil empire tower in Philly! 

• Administrators

I would advise disabling UPnP forwarding in miscellaneous settings as that may be causing conflicts. Ensure you've got only UPnP OR port forwarding enabled not both as well. 

Change the theme to the default one as well. 

Can you also include the other screenshots asked for here please: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022425-lag-support-instructions-to-post-on-the-forum-

Can you describe your physical setup as well, e.g. modem > R1 (all devices)

yea sadly fibre is not an option, i wish it was and we have dsl around here but the download and upload speeds are pretty low around here especially for have 10-15 things on the network

I have dsl 18 down and 1 up, with 2 teenagers, myself and my wife, we have a house full of devices, 4 smart phones, netflix, ipads, you name it. CC @ 70/70 share excess ticked, I don't have a problem with lag.

Here are some assorted pictures that was inquired by the link. I tried playing today on my host with the distance at 65 miles and my ping at 45ms and all i got was 1-3 bar lobbies for about 3 games which was terrible. I played on my girlfriends host and the whole lobby was a 4 bar granted i noticed some lag spikes but nothing as bad as when i was hosting 

My setup is an Arris sb6190 surfboard with the NetDuma running all cat6 wiring and new wall mounts and plates

My internet provider is Comcast which i pay i believe off the top of my head is $80 for 150 down and 10 up 

Any other information you need from me let me know i can try my best to reply as soon as i can. 

Thanks again.

post-9286-0-68882900-1475199556_thumb.png

post-9286-0-32398600-1475199557_thumb.png

post-9286-0-85125700-1475199557_thumb.png

post-9286-0-34258500-1475199558_thumb.png

post-9286-0-16033000-1475199559_thumb.png

post-9286-0-79744300-1475199559_thumb.png

post-9286-0-26902800-1475199560_thumb.png

• Administrators

Based on the screenshots, try this instead:

70/70 anti-flood

Reset device prio

~1000km/~650miles radius, strict on, ping assist 0. 

Are ALL devices connected to the R1? If there are some connected to the ISP hub then CC will not work correctly and you won't be able to eliminate local congestion

Every device is connected to the netduma ( its the only access to the internet ). I have tried 70/70( among numerous different combinations), resetting the device and even factory resetting it but still get horrible lobbies and lag issues . For my buffer bloat, someone suggested me testing and posting it and it was at an A for a rating.

I don't use Ping assist at all bud, not that its bad for you I just use distance and it seems to work. I used to just play on the texas server but now it seems no different just staying in the northeast.

yea i had about 3 good games without the ping assist on, then i ran into not finding a game for a while then the lobbies were just terrible 

What is the range you are playing at? I don't seem to get these hig pig people that slipknot is talking about. Atleast not for a long ass time.

e679a72379adc4d3e823ef14c7e7ab73.png

https://gyazo.com/e679a72379adc4d3e823ef14c7e7ab73

this is how I usually roll unless trying to play on texas server or with friends from california, now his internet sucks! when I play with him anything could happen in a game.

try changing your algorithm for congestion control from reactive to pre-emptive or vice versa. I would try not tinkering too far with what I've seen Netduma Fraser post a lot about default settings. what is your setup?

Archived