Issue With Allow List and Tempban

I'm trying to add a friend to my allow list but the issue is I clicked on them when I had Geo-filter enabled so I only had the option to tempban them. When I disabled the Geo-filter to add them to my allow list I still only have the option to tempban and not update. I can still move the slider to 100% but it does not save my setting for future as I cannot click the update button as per usual. Any way to fix? I wouldn't mind even starting my list over as it's pretty easy to add people to the Allow List.

I'm trying to add a friend to my allow list but the issue is I clicked on them when I had Geo-filter enabled so I only had the option to tempban them. When I disabled the Geo-filter to add them to my allow list I still only have the option to tempban and not update. I can still move the slider to 100% but it does not save my setting for future as I cannot click the update button as per usual. Any way to fix? I wouldn't mind even starting my list over as it's pretty easy to add people to the Allow List.

You're not clicking on your friend, if you're only getting the tempban option then you are selecting the dedi which you're connected to

• Netduma Staff

This seems like a strange problem; but it could be caused by something as simple as what was stated above. Are you 100% sure it was their icon you were clicking on and not the server?

Are you completely zoomed out just to check nothing else appears on the map?

Can you provide me with the ID please and I'll take a look.

I'll try to re-create tonight and post a screenshot as well as any pertinent information. Tks

You're not clicking on your friend, if you're only getting the tempban option then you are selecting the dedi which you're connected to

I'm playing Destiny so there are no dedi's. It only shows me friends I am connected to. I originally thought the issue could be that Destiny has identified them as host of the session but with further testing....hosts have the thicker circle around their ID and the people in question (who do not have a thick circle around their ID) are still only providing the tempban option versus update.

Alternatively, is there a way to just wipe the allow/deny list out and start from scratch?

• Administrators

I'm playing Destiny so there are no dedi's. It only shows me friends I am connected to. I originally thought the issue could be that Destiny has identified them as host of the session but with further testing....hosts have the thicker circle around their ID and the people in question (who do not have a thick circle around their ID) are still only providing the tempban option versus update.

Alternatively, is there a way to just wipe the allow/deny list out and start from scratch?

Destiny does actually use a P2P/dedicated server hybrid system which is why you are probably seeing temp ban. 

Depending on how many you have in the section you can click them all and click "reset" in the host descriptor box. Alternatively Crossy has made a nice profile to wipe them :)

Archived