Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Port forward static ip for Blops3 & IW on PS4

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
157 replies to this topic

Tubbie.t

Tubbie.t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
?????

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 15,574 posts

What are you inputting? Can you take a screenshot?

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 

FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.

Knowledge Base - Main link to the Knowledge Base, for everything else please search here or on the forum. 

Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

Tubbie.t

Tubbie.t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
That's what the above post was neant to show ?
It attaches the file but it doesn't show in post. Tried with safari and Firefox using phone and pad?
I input PS4 ip

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 15,574 posts

Check this video, it will show you how to upload the pictures: 

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 

FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.

Knowledge Base - Main link to the Knowledge Base, for everything else please search here or on the forum. 

Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Tubbie.t

Tubbie.t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
I'm basically doing bagsta port fwd guide step by step.
As I click apply, I get the message "Please select IP host number between 2 - 250" in a big orange box at top of page.
I have noticed that as I'm typing the the 2nd set of 3 numbers in the IP address, they change colour to red?...not sure if that means anything?

bagsta69

bagsta69

The Reverend.

• Moderators
  • 2,717 posts

Make sure you have given your console a static IP address before doing anything else.

punishertag.jpg
You can easily gauge someone's level of IQ by how easily they get outraged on the internet.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 15,574 posts

It sounds like you're not inputting the correct IP for your console. If you can provide the screenshot as previously asked that will help us resolve the issue much quicker.

Technical support:

Tubbie.t

Tubbie.t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
Pad is recognising the "imgur" app as a security risk.
I thought the static IP was the same as the one it gives you in ps4 manual set up.
That's the one I'm inputting

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 15,574 posts

You've set a manual IP on the console itself? Does it have the same IP in device manager? Set it in DHCP lease as well. 

Can you use a PC to upload the screenshot? 

Click more reply options, choose file, attach then click attach to post 

Technical support:

Tubbie.t

Tubbie.t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
Pretty sure I've done all that. But I'll check, yeah I'll upload a pic from office in the morn . Cheers

Tubbie.t

Tubbie.t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

I think i may have found the problem. .....me! :D :D
ill try when im home and let you know

Tubbie.t

Tubbie.t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
Sorted it.
I was trying to put ALL of the IP address in when you only need to put laser 3 digits!...doh!
Thanks for your time guys , just one last thing. Do I need to re-tick upnp after I've feed all the ports in?

bagsta69

bagsta69

The Reverend.

• Moderators
  • 2,717 posts

Leave UPNP UNTICKED, Either use port forwarding OR UPNP not both.

punishertag.jpg
You can easily gauge someone's level of IQ by how easily they get outraged on the internet.

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 1,308 posts

Sorted it.
I was trying to put ALL of the IP address in when you only need to put laser 3 digits!...doh!
Thanks for your time guys , just one last thing. Do I need to re-tick upnp after I've feed all the ports in?

What Bagsta said is correct; you shouldn't be using both since it can cause conflicts. Make sure you manually forward every port you need. :) glad to hear you got it sorted.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

Tubbie.t

Tubbie.t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
Thanks again for the input/help guys.
Apologies for my brain ...lol
Ive tried it out and it seems to make quite a difference for me .

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 1,308 posts

That's great :) good to hear. Let us know if you have any more issues.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

Areuz

Areuz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

From my experiences port forwarding for CoD on the PS4, Bagsta has listed all of the ports used by PSN and CoD correctly but unless I missed it in the replies already, you do not need to port forward port 80 or port 443 to achieve an Open NAT on CoD let alone PSN. Wouldn't port forwarding port 80 and 443 only cause issues if anything?

These are http and https ports so they are naturally open on your router's firewall thus meaning there is no reason to forward these ports to just one device. You can achieve Open NAT on CoD by simply forwarding port 3074 UDP to your PS4 (3075 for Xbox). If you have multiple consoles playing CoD and you want Open NAT just port forward one of them with 3074 then the next with 3075, then 3076 etc. all the way up to 3080 if you needed it. 

The other ports I have seen used frequently by PSN are the 9307-9308 UDP. So I would suggest only forwarding 3074 UDP and 9307-9308 UDP and see if that will give you an Open NAT. If you would like to do all the ports Bagsta has suggested there is no problem with that I would just omit port 80 and 443.

Also as a side note, ports 3478-3480 are used for NAT for PC games as well so if you are gaming on both you wont want to port forward those ports to just one device. Which is why I simply suggest port forwarding the 3074 and maybe 9307-9308 to the PS4.

Normal (100%/100%)

16086815.png

Duma 60%/60% reactive

16086398.png

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 15,574 posts

Glad it's all sorted!

------

I'm going to close this thread as it was more as a tutorial not for support queries. If needed please make a separate thread.

Technical support: