PPoE With FTTP BT Modem and R1

• Netduma Staff

I am trying to connect the R1 to my BT modem using PPoE. I have plugged the R1 WAN port directly into port 2 of the modem, port 1 goes to the Bt Home Hub.

Because the speeds are too fast for the R1 to handle atm, I am using the R1 for gaming, and the HomeHub for general WiFi. As soon as the R1 supports the higher speeds the Home Hub will be long gone...

So my issue is, the R1 will not connect to the Modem.

For the PPoE usernames I have tried everything I can find:

@btbroadband.com

@btinternet.com

[email protected]

- all with and without BT as the password.

I also tried VLAN Tag as 101 for each of these passwords as well. For all of them I could not connect. I looked at loads of forums, tried all those passwords (similar to the ones above) but none of them worked.

I was wondering if anyone else has managed to set this up? I saw a thread on hear similar but for FTTC, not FTTP, and looked through there but couldn't fine anything I hadn't already tried.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Thanks

• Netduma Staff

Hi Crossy,

I've never setup FTTP but on the FTTC modems port 2 is disabled by the BT firmware.

Cheers

Thats interesting, I will give it a go on port 1 and see if I can get it working. Thanks for your help :)

Hi crossy I have bt fttc and connect by modem directly to r1 on lan 1 port to poe port on R1

Then on R1 page in settings wan I use ppoe enabled

User name [email protected]

Password BT

Don't know if any of that is relevant but it works for me, my speed from BT is 23 down and 6 up

That's a bummer mate, I can only assume there's a difference somewhere between setting up FTTP and FTTC. If you need to speak to BT I've found that tweeting @btcare gets better results than phoning their helpline :)

You are probably much more savvy than I am about this stuff but if you want to check any of your setting or for me to try/check anything on my side let me know and ill pm you my mobile number so we could chat and check connections and set up out via phone.

• Netduma Staff

You are probably much more savvy than I am about this stuff but if you want to check any of your setting or for me to try/check anything on my side let me know and ill pm you my mobile number so we could chat and check connections and set up out via phone.

What kind of modem so you have? I have the same as this. I guess if your is FTTC it will be a bit different? Thanks for your help, I appreciate it :)

Archived