Something is wrong

I just got my R1 and I've tried so many setups and none of them works. I did the upgrade to .5 as instructed here on forum,

I live in Montreal, CA and we were supposed to have a server here. I don't see it on the map.Is it possible that it doesn't exist?

Games are bad as before, I played a lot with the filtering and I tried different setups but none of them works. Can't even connect to players around Montreal on a 800Km range. That should be enough all the way to Toronto or NY. It's like nobody plays BO3 anymore in this range.

Here are a few scenarios:

- Moved home in Atlantic and set ping assist to 15, 25 and 30 seconds - found just a few players but game never starts

- Set location to Montreal and ping 30 mode strict - got a couple of games in about 30 min

- Same setup as above and removed strict - I get games but mostly I get hosted in Seattle or Kansas, Games lagged 98%.

- Set mode strict, ping at 30 and increased range at 1500km - getting lag and if I increase the range it gets worst.

Is there anything I can do to play with local people. I can't believe there are no people playing BO3 around Montreal/Toronto/NY

My connection is OK. Advertised speed is 60/10 however on speedtest.net I always get 67/12 ping 8-9.ms.

I have Open NAT, Speed is OK, Flood control is set at 70/70.

I've seen another thing; while on Chrome setting up my home location close to Montreal, clicking on the map will put me somewhere in northern Canada. I had to click lower in US to set the pin near Montreal. Then I checked within IE and the location was OK.

I'm not sure how the map works but can be something wrong that I don't see people around me. It's like I'm the only one in east Canada that plays BO3. Everyone else it seems it's like on the west coast and south US.

Right now my filter is set to strict mode/800km/ping 21 and I can not find a game. If I set it to 30 then in game shows 60-70ms.

and yes I did this:

"Out of the geo-filter:

Make sure you have refreshed the host filtering page once you have upgraded then change the now non-existent xbox live pa or playstation network pa service to xbox live or play station network service on the host filtering page select a service tab.

Speed :

The device priority flower is now download as well as upload so if you have prioritised you console your other device you are speed testing on will be throttled.

If you want to re gain speed on other devices press the reset distribution and update distribution that is found at the bottom of the congestion control page.

Edit : Also if you are using preemtive please try reactive."

Any help is much appreciated.

Is this for XB1?  It looks like it from the screen shot of the continental US.

I haven't noticed any dedicated servers north of the border to be honest.  Now I wasn't looking for them specifically as I live near Seattle and am always trying to avoid that dedi like the Black Plague.

However I have experienced several occasions where I knew there was a server in the area I was camping with my Geo-Filter and it would take a minute or two, sometimes I had to reset, to get the Player System recognize me being "local" to the host I wanted to play.  This was extremely common early on with BO3, but I do still run into the issue from time to time.

First things first - #NetDuma Army.  Can any of you confirm any dedicated banks North of the border for our new friends here?

Here's a link to a thread here where a member posted videos showing dedicated server locations.  That should answer the first part of your question AND give you the locations where you can try to Geo-Camp to see if the game improves.

JD

Here's a link to a thread here where a member posted videos showing dedicated server locations.  That should answer the first part of your question AND give you the locations where you can try to Geo-Camp to see if the game improves.

JD

is there a link ?

some of us in the U.S. put the home button in the Atlantic ocean trick then put it on strict and make the filter as small as possible. see what happens.

I did set my home in Atlantic, strict and PA to 30ms, result couldn't find a match in multiple tries. If I remove strict then I always connect on Seattle which I hate that server.

I tried a lot of things including a factory default settings.

In the end I gave up on geo-filter and I clicked disable service which doesn't seem to work either. I just wanted to use the router as a regular one.I was trying to play R6 Siege and I get disconnect from server or can't find players. As for BO3 there is a dedi in Montreal and NY, it was confirmed on Activision forums, however it seems that I always connect on Kansas or Seattle. I don't know why.

I think there is something wrong with the dedicated servers too. I live in Panama City and usually use my geo-filter covering Miami and Atlanta, like the pic, in those locations my ping is ~ 50-65 ms, it feels so smooth (AW) playing in that Dedicated Server (Florida). 

However, using the same geo location with Black Ops 3 it seems to connect every time to the NY dedicated server and for some strange reason i have 55 - 65 ms ping and i don´t know how is possible to get a ping like that, even when i ping to the atlanta server i get a ~ 75 ms, NYC is so far away from Florida - Atlanta, i can´t understand that 55 -65 ms ping to NYC.

When i play AW in the NY server i usually get a 120 -140 ms ping... now with BO3 it change to 60 ms... :huh:

Also, i can´t figure out if i connected to a dedicated server or not because every host have the "update" button...

I know BO3 is broken... It is so obvious that the game is rigged
Yesterday, using the Netduma and playing AW ---> 54-5... 37-6...43-2... 45-6, actually i can go to play right know and i know it will be so nice and smooth, not only yesterday, all the time...

Meanwhile, with Black Ops 3, I had to turn off the ps4 because I can not literally kill anyone (using the Netduma too) after the 22-24 Nov. patch... i feel like a 2 seconds lag (My netduma ping graph says 65 ms) compared to AW. :angry: 
It´s the game, not the Netduma...

PD: I use same geo location in both games.

Sin_ti_tulo.png

I downgraded to .4 , played with settings around, didn't get any Canadian servers nor players. I keep playing in US lobbies which is the distance that kills me. Then upgraded back to .5 , I got the same results. On .5 I did twice factory defaults but didn't help either. I always get hooked on Seattle or Kansas. Honestly I prefer Kansas which is a bit closer. Seattle is at 4000km. I've been playing with my settings for 2 weeks now since I got my R1

Right now I'm on .5 FW and I play 1600km distance and 30ms ping, not restricted. That rules out Seattle. My actual ping is around 50ish in the game(not R1) and I have nice good games. I still get lag sometimes but is not like before. To bad BO3 doesn't the option to play "local" like in BO2.

You right, BO3 it is a broken game. Activision wanted the game to be out on November 6 while Treyarch didn't have time to finish but they had to deliver their contract and this is why we end up playing a broken/unfinished game.The game is OK so far but they need to fix their matchmaking engine which is a total failure. This also probably explains why I get hooked up on Seattle/4000km. I got NY right next to me, it;s 800km but I've never seen that server

I'm going to try your option and play a bit of AW and see how it feels. 

They are both ticked, therefore enabled.

This is what Neduma Fraser said: " I recently added a load of dedicated servers for XB1 so you may be able to connect to the Canada servers so do make sure to keep auto&bleeding edge cloud ticked"

However I don't think cloud and bleeding edge gets the update since I still don't see ant Canadian servers or players. In fact cloud and bleeding edge was never off.

• Administrators

Hi Puma,

I'm late to this thread. Let's address the first problem, why are you getting hosts outside your circle? First let's make sure that nothing appears outside you circle, please do the following and let me know if you ever see any hosts outside:

1. Tick strict mode 
  2. Set ping assist to 0ms

Do you get hosts outside now? You may not get any games if there isn't players or dedis there but we can address that later. First I want to make sure you filtering is working correctly. Also please look at the bottom of any page and let me know what exact version it says you're on.

Hello Iain,

Firmware is the latest .5, I also downgraded to .4 but that didn't help either, I get the same results. Now I'm back on .5.

I did what you asked me to set the PA to 0, strict mode (pic attached) and I don't get hosts outside my filter.

Filter is set to 1500km but if I get lower, let's say 800 I can't get any matches or I have to wait a lot to find a lobby.

I also put my home in Atlantic and set PA to 20 hoping to get closer players, instead I can't find any games. 

post-5539-0-11616100-1450886518_thumb.png

• Administrators

Hi Puma and Happy Christmas.

Ok so it seems everything is working. Having a radius of 1500km is very normal in fact I'd say most people have a larger one. You can only get lower if you live in an extremely densely populated area. Bear in mind that the Internet kinda works at the speed of light so 1500km is not too much.

Are you getting low ping graphs (on the Netduma)?

Thanks and merry Christmas to you too.

I live in Montreal, Canada and there are a lot of players around here playing BO3 or AW

however I can't see any players from Montreal or around. Once in a while I see hosts from Canada, mostly from the west side but that defeats the purpose of geo-filter.

And if I get lower on my geo 800km, and enable strict mode, everything I see on my BO3 screen is "Testing match 1 of 3" and sometimes I'll stay on that screen forever.

As I mentioned before, 800km is enough to get players from Toronto or NY but I don't.

with strict mode disabled I connect to Seattle or Kansas but again it defeats the purpose of geo-filter.

• Administrators

Hi Puma,

It doesn't defeat the purpose of the Geo-Filter. The Geo-Filter stops you connecting to people cross-continental, cross-ocean and the rest of the world. You can't just force it to pick players right next to you. Well you can try but you'll be waiting a long time and its pointless as I said above 1500km is very low for Internet standards.

When the Geo distance is so low you get weird things happening, for example people on the same ISP in different cities at that range will have lower pings then two people next to each other on different ISPs. Because the Internet does not route as the crow flies. Distance only becomes a factor at larger distances.

The goal of the Geo-Filter is to reduce ping, in fact ping assist could work perfectly it would be better just to use it.

If you're on the latest one you could try move your home into the ocean reduce the distance so it's not touching any land. Then set ping assist to between 30 and 60 ms ( depending on your base ping) and just force low pings regardless of distance.

Remember Ping is King

Hi Iain,

I don't mean to be disrespectful here but please read my entire thread. I feel like I'm running in a circle here.

Regardless the settings I'm choosing I can only see people from US, please check my screenshots.

Let me understand if I set my geo at 1200km strict and ping assist to 30ms and I don't see any players from Montreal (1.6 million), Toronto (2.6) or NY (8.4), is this normal?

Archived