Something is wrong

Hi Iain,

I don't mean to be disrespectful here but please read my entire thread. I feel like I'm running in a circle here.

Regardless the settings I'm choosing I can only see people from US, please check my screenshots.

Let me understand if I set my geo at 1200km strict and ping assist to 30ms and I don't see any players from Montreal (1.6 million), Toronto (2.6) or NY (8.4), is this normal?

My host is always inside my geo-filter, but I usually only have 1 or 2 other players inside that range within my lobby. That's all the geo-filter is going to do though, is control where the host can be located, not who else connects to the host

My host is always inside my geo-filter, but I usually only have 1 or 2 other players inside that range within my lobby. That's all the geo-filter is going to do though, is control where the host can be located, not who else connects to the host

yes, I totally agree with you but I never see people from Canada. And that's every single game. I can't be the only COD Canadian player.

Puma, do you know what your base ping is? Sorry, I am on my phone and trying to answer a few threads between family forced merriment here today.

Once you know you base ping:

Move your home to somewhere you know there are no hosts - like the middle of the ocean or the North Pole.

Close down your Geo Filter to a small radius.

Set your ping assist: I'd start at no more than double your base ping. I.E. - base ping is 22ms? Set Ping Assist to 40.

Let this run to allow the two minute anti cheat.

Set screen magnification so you can see all of Canada, where you assume a dedicated host would be.

Turn on the console and watch for available hosts. Document them for a follow up attempt.

See where the game connects you. With no hosts inside your Geo Filter, the Ping Assist should take over and find you a game with LESS than the 40ms example.

This SHOULD give you a host with a low base ping to your console's physical location.

Now if you see a server host that isn't a player host (you can't rate it) you can try camping that host for a game.

Place home over that host.

Shrink Geo Filter way down around that host.

Ping Assist to ZERO

Wait for a game. The first one can take a few minutes, even if you are camping a dedicated server. I don't know why, but once it gets in the groove finding lobbies become easier.

Now if you can't find a Canadian host, there isn't a whole lot Netduma can do about it. That is an Activision decision, the Netduma only provides some info that can be used to ask some questions on of them.

This is a third party tool that wasn't consulted when programming BO3, so it can't magically fix all the issues we all have with the game.

If you can't find a Canadian host, your next questions should be to Activision/Treyarch as to where they SHOULD be.....

• Administrators

Puma it's hard to communicate tone over text so please don't think I'm being defensive. But you're asking for help and I keep telling you 1200km is not a large range. Every other user on the planet pretty much has that or much more unless they live in NYC or somewhere like that.

Also I feel you're ignoring my advice. The goal of the Netduma is to minimize ping which in turn get's rid of lag. I've given you the solutions to minimize ping as much as possible using our router.  To sum up the options for CoD are:

• If you want lowest ping possible then put yourself in the ocean and reduce Geo-Filter so it's touching no land. Make sure strict mode is ticked. Then use ping assist exclusively to find a game. So you'll need to experiment. I suggest you start with 50-60ms and slowly bring it down till you find your minimum. These are the best games you are going to find.
  • If you want to get very good games but not lowest possible. Tick strict mode, reduce ping assist to something low (or even 0ms if you don't want it). Then use the snap button twice. Search for games and keep reducing the size till you find ideal distance. I suggest around 1500km mark.
  • If you want good games fast then untick strict mode. Set Geo-Filter & Ping assist to something reasonable. And you will get good games very quickly.

Those are the most effective ways to filter hosts. I'm going to close the thread now. If you have further questions please start a new thread.

Don't put to much weight on the visuals of the map, the goal after all is to reduce lag(ping).

Happy Holidays.

Archived